Airtel Broadband now offers Truly Unlimited (3TB) Experience!

swatkats

Skilled
Apparently its Truly unlimited now 3TB Soft FUP !!

Say Thanks to Jio GigaFiber!

Check here: https://www.airtel.in/broadband

Airtel.PNG

Last edited:
What's the point? They can still throttle you on the basis of speed, since you are getting upto X Mbps, and it is best effort only. As usual, a speedtest will reveal superfast speeds :p

Pay Y amount of money to go back to 10X speeds :p

Well, given how Airtel lost customers in drove due to Jio I think they are trying to step up their game. They are the only BB provider in my area. And given the lack of competition we were stuck at "upto 8mbps" for long time with 80GB in FUP. Even their so called "V-Fiber" was able to get 24 Mbps at best. But starting this year they have stepped up their game and now offering 100Mbps with rolling data. So, if you don't use the complete FUP they roll it into next month. I now have like 1000s of GB in FUP.

I doubt Jio will be feasible in my area, just them lighting fire under Airtel's ass is enough.

What's the point? They can still throttle you on the basis of speed, since you are getting upto X Mbps, and it is best effort only. As usual, a speedtest will reveal superfast speeds :p

Pay Y amount of money to go back to 10X speeds :p

That would be FUP... Why bother claiming unlimited?

Anyways the consumer is much informed these days, and there are a lot more options too. Don't think they will be really throttling speeds with the risk of losing out on paying customers.

Thanks for information OP.
I was on 1299 plan with 40 mbps/250 GB FUP.
Now switched to 699 :)

Though I had 250 GB monthly cap my usage rarely crossed 150 GB. So unlimited data does not change much but a price reduction is always welcome.

That would be FUP... Why bother claiming unlimited?

Anyways the consumer is much informed these days, and there are a lot more options too. Don't think they will be really throttling speeds with the risk of losing out on paying customers.

Its not exactly FUP - that is saying I give 4M upto 100GB and then 1M fixed. The ISP will give you 4M till 100GB and then throttle you to 1M, and transparently. Usually, here it does not matter if you are using domestic or international bandwidth.

Now, they will put you on best effort and depending on how much you use, throttle you (albeit not so transparent) while claiming its best effort. Already someone did a speedtest and got poor international speeds. Domestic will be as usual, great.

Well, FUP caps should be like this only.

In a way, yes, 3TB is something that most wont exceed, but for those heavy streamers/downloaders, nopes. With a 1M, you can do 400M/hour, 10.5GB/day, 315GB/month. With a 8M connection, you will never touch that 3TB ceiling (2.5TB/month) but for above that, its quite possible.

Last edited:
1TB is now a days Decent limit for those who stream 4k content, Some do require 1.5TB.

I believe ACT fibernet limits in Hyderabad are fairly reasonable with nearly Promised speeds!!!! Airtel just pooled up bandwidth real bad, I'm sure the experience overseas wouldn't be that great!! Like @Dowbot experienced!!

cfBsxEz.png

With a 1M, you can do 400M/hour, 10.5GB/day, 315GB/month. With a 8M connection, you will never touch that 3TB ceiling (2.5TB/month) but for about that, its quite possible.
Who maxes out the connection now a days?? :p

~~ Not even BSNL customers do it.

I'm happy FUP is getting higher but last thing I want is quality on wired too getting impacted. I hope that doesn't happen. I don't stream much so I can barely touch 150GB. Probably won't happen since most people streaming and such would use netflix or something peered. I think ACT has rational FUP till now.

I do about 600 to 700 GB each month, but please do not think it is not feasible for most regular folks to max out their data for the month.

My 600 GB plus is for my desktop PC, all of the IOT devices, casting devices, smart TV, NAS boxes, music streaming, gaming, etc.

However, a good chunk of video streaming from the likes of YouTube, Hotstar, and Prime Video is actually consumed on mobiles and tablets that run exclusively on Jio, so the data from my ACT Fiber is not counted. I'm sure if all video streaming were on ACT Fiber, it will certainly cross 1 TB. However, the wife prefers the smartphone and the iPad for quite a bit of the streaming. She regularly watches entire seasons on her 6-inch smartphone or iPad using Jio as opposed to the TV or PJ (that are not on Jio).

Yeah those 1500GB's are nothing.

Its all about speed now a days! Can't even imagine broadband connection slower than 80-100mbps, with reasonable data limits like 2TB or 3TB.

Its about time we browse at 1gbps under ₹2,000! I'm quite confident about it. :)

heh at least there is one unlimited option, Bangalore has none.

Exactly..
Just recently I experienced the pain of ACT's post FUP speeds..
Past 1.5 week has been horrible for me..

We need some sort of truly unlimited option here!
How long till Jio launches?

Exactly..
Just recently I experienced the pain of ACT's post FUP speeds..
Past 1.5 week has been horrible for me..

We need some sort of truly unlimited option here!
How long till Jio launches?
Caught in the same position... post FUP the 4 Mbps is a pittance and does not even stream YT or Netflix in 4K.

I told them Airtel is giving 3TB and both Hathway and You are giving unlimited on their 50/60 Mbps plans (not to mention newcomers like Excitel) and they said no plans to increase FUP.

Back