Airtel Broadband Has Literally Given up in Hyderabad, Gotta see these Flyers

swatkats

Skilled
Airtel Broadband Division is So pathetic that they've Literally given up in Hyderabad! Kudos to Beam/ACT.

They've made such attempt earlier to Grab some Broadband connections but they miserably failed because of their Poor tariff plans.

Now this time, looks like they've literally Given up. Airtel cannot even bring plans with Say FUP limits or Post FUP Speeds close to Beam/ACT, because rest of the India would also ask or Probably their network would be congested. :D

Most of their Claims are Completely Bulls*it. They've come to an stage where they are asking to buy an airtel connection to use it as proof of address. :p

Sit back and Enjoy reading these Funny Flyers by Craptel in Hyderabad.

AHgokg4.jpg 01OCCIN.jpg

PS: By the way 16Mbps is High Speed Broadband for them, So what about 50mbps?? Kiss my ass Airtel.

Last edited:
I am still on Airtel in Bangalore :( Unfortunately ACT's penetration is not up to the mark comparatively here.
As am i and i've had very little to no downtime since 2006.

ACT is cheaper their good for nothing cables criss cross the trees and my tv cable goes down regularly. Time to fix is usually 24 business hours. Repairing a cable break is a 2-3 day job. No thanks.

So unlike those that crib about price, i prefer reliability and get this OP, i have a choice of BOTH and i will stay with airtel.

Hahaha , Beam connection here offers both stability, better quality and bang for the buck. and yeah up to 50mbps and they do not brag 4 or 8 mbps as High Speed :p

Yes, People here stay with Beam and not Failtel..

Yep, Beam in Hyderabad is fairly stable. My only complaints with beam were when I actually applied for the connection, and they wouldn't respond, but once I escalated to nodal offer, they sent an agent directly who got me the connection installed the same day. After that, even if there was ever a problem, they would come on the same day and fix it.

I am currently on 50Mbps/200GB plan and it works as advertised. I have completely stopped buying games on disc since then and have preferred digital purchases. An 8 GB game install from steam or origin takes about 20 min. Not bad for an online install.

As am i and i've had very little to no downtime since 2006.

ACT is cheaper their good for nothing cables criss cross the trees and my tv cable goes down regularly. Time to fix is usually 24 business hours. Repairing a cable break is a 2-3 day job. No thanks.

So unlike those that crib about price, i prefer reliability and get this OP, i have a choice of BOTH and i will stay with airtel.
Yeah well I think experience really depends on the served area. In Hyderabad, both Beam and Airtel gave me a run around before putting in the connection. Reliability of Airtel sucked and went down every month literally. So there had to say "no thanks" to Airtel. Beam was better.

Here in Bangalore, I had no option other than Airtel. And as my company pays for connection, I was asking for the 16MBbps plan, they dint have the ADSL2+ in my area. Reliability has been good but then they have down stupid things like cutting other people connection to give mine. Then when a complain was lodged, they cut mine and restored another. It went round and round for couple of days.

I am currently using airtel broadband in Pune and pay freaking close to 2K per month for 2 Mbps with 80 GB FUP. Fcuk airtel.
Worst part is my roomies are so lazy that they don't bother to switch to a better provider.
YOU provides 2Mbps unlimited (no FUP) at 1300 Rs approx and 1800 for 100 Mbps (no experience with this plan yet) with 200 GB FUP and then 1 Mbps.

I am a bit curious as to how the modem works during power failure without power? Anyone having the modem/service can comment?

EDIT : I mean that is the telephone line power (48V DC) enough to power it up?

I am a bit curious as to how the modem works during power failure without power? Anyone having the modem/service can comment?
This is a major point when it comes to ADSL over cable setups. ADSL lines go to the exchange and they have thier own backup, you never hear of the telephone line going dead during a power cut.

But with these cable guys, (ACT is a cable guy collective to compete with ADSL) there is an ethernet cable that comes to your house, its attached to some hub in another building, if that hub isn't on a ups the power goes out then so does your connection. Then that hub is attached to another and so on, every repeater in the chain needs independent backup or you're screwed.

I never have loss of connection during power cuts on airtel. I can say the internet cable guys have been roundly out competed on my street, a few still use them ACT for the price.

EDIT : I mean that is the telephone line power (48V DC) enough to power it up?
No, modem is not like a telephone and needs its own backup.

But with these cable guys, (ACT is a cable guy collective to compete with ADSL) there is an ethernet cable that comes to your house, its attached to some hub in another building, if that hub isn't on a ups the power goes out then so does your connection. Then that hub is attached to another and so on, every repeater in the chain needs independent backup or you're screwed.
This is not Docsis 1.0 setup FYI.
FTTB: Your connection is attached to an Optical network Terminal (ONT) which has power backup of 4 Hours > Repeaters for Some 100 mts overhead > Optical Network Unit (ONU) For every area > Underground Fiber to POP > Underground Fiber to NOC > Tier 1 Providers like TATA and Airtel.

Since you are so proud of Airtel with a decade old technology , I'll Tell you my Airtel Broadband Story.. I had the connection 4 years back, Wish i remember that Account number no, Just for your reference and you could have pulled out my details where you are working.
So, The power used to go the modem doesn't work, Even when i was using it on my laptop, The same case. But Beam/ACT has power backup.

So I guess i decided to get a Inverter for my home after few months, Despite of powering up modem during power cuts The connection didn't work. Technician told me there is backup issue which continued till 3 months every after follow up with CC every now and then, after which i finally gave up the connection. I find no difference Airtel and Beam here both have Same standard of service. No wonder, why they couldn't attract Even high end customers who don't care about money.

These are really shitty plans [emoji20] like in delhi. But i have no option except airtel. Only airtel and mtnl in my locality.

My gated apartment colony ONLY have Airtel. For DTH and broadband. Once in a while I notice, the router keeps negotiating to register with the network and the connection drops.

Ah well, this is known to me. When the power in my area conks off, my net goes down. But having an inverter/genset - that is so LOL.

On the issues with old tech use, old tech is generally more stable. However, that should not be an excuse for not giving us new tech - as I have mentioned below.

As for my experience with Airtel Internet, we have a 4 Mbps leased line for office use. We are facing link flapping issues for quite sometime now. Our connection is a DSL connection, while Tata is providing us with a fibre connection if needed. Airtel will not provide a fibre connection unless our link is above 20 Mbps, which seems to be the DSL connection limit.

Airtel and Tata have more or less the same level of technical people, but Airtel is more accesible in terms of logging a complaint, while Tata takes time for the same. But, both have very minor issues, apart from this flapping issue which has been hounding me for weeks.

4mbps Leased line on ADSL > So 4mbps down + 1mbps up?
They won't give leased line if its not above 20mbps? Someone's seriously kidding with you guys. Even 512kbps line should be provided with an Fiber last mile setup with 99.9% uptime guarantee, that's the definition of leased line.

Back