Airtel BB - Chennai plans upgraded to combat ACT

If you have a old airtel BB connection then do call up airtel regarding the 750GB/1000GB bonus they are offering to new customers. (based on your base plan)
I called them up and asked as a loyal customer why I am not getting that bonus. They immediately credited 750GB bonus data valid for the next 1 year. :D
You will start consuming from the 750GB data only after you exhaust your monthly quota. Else it will keep rolling over till 1 year. :)

ac4gsk.jpg

^^ Wait what, is this a new scheme?!

Recently airtel is providing one time bonus data of 500GB - 1TB for all new users (based on plan) and this data is valid till March '18.
But even if you are old user you can call them up and ask for the same. The bonus data is topped up for them too. Both me and my friend got 750GB additional data after calling CC.

https://www.airtel.in/broadband/chennai

Last edited:
Recently airtel is providing one time bonus data of 750GB - 1TB for all new users (based on plan) and this data is valid till March '18.
But even if you are old user you can call them up and ask for the same. The bonus data is topped up for them too. Both me and my friend got 750GB additional data after calling CC.

https://www.airtel.in/broadband/chennai

Thanks mate, let me also call em.

Edit - @DarkAngel many thanks, I called em, got 1000GB for my Blore account and 750GB for the Chennai connection. The data is based on your plan, I am on the 1499 plan in Blore as opposed to 999 in Chennai and hence they gave the additional 250GB.

Last edited:
Airtel BB limits doubled to counter ACT plans in Chennai :) 200GB for Rs.999 now.
Apparently they are not auto-upgrading. When I asked why, the CC said when they did auto upgrade last time they got several calls from customers scolding them on why it was done without their permission. So call and get it upgraded.

2lkdx0h.jpg

Apparently they are not auto-upgrading. When I asked why, the CC said when they did auto upgrade last time they got several calls from customers scolding them on why it was done without their permission. So call and get it upgraded.
whatte lame excuse. Why would anyone whose getting a better plan, give excuses or scold.. Airtel CC at its best......

They will never auto upgrade and sometimes they pretend as if they are not aware of the latest plans. We have to be alert about the changes brought by them. Are the other players atleast do the upgrade without customer request ?

That little * after the price can mean anything. For all we know the 699 plan is a 40GB per month plan with 1000GB bonus data and its the bonus data which is being shown.

You guys have way too much faith in chortel

That little * after the price can mean anything. For all we know the 699 plan is a 40GB per month plan with 1000GB bonus data and its the bonus data which is being shown.

You guys have way too much faith in chortel
The 699 plan itself is not listed for Chennai, this is what am wondering & everyone knows these marketing tricks fakes around!!

Back