Airtel 3G was working fine and suddenly is slower than GPRS :(

BikeAdvice

Disciple
I had subscribed to Airtel 3G - Rs.675 per month plan. Speed was like 3-5 Mbps for nearly a month and then the speed dropped to less than GPRS speed. Contacted airtel and no proper response. They are not saying why. Anyone faced similar problem?

I am using iPhone 4, tried upgrading to latest OS version and also did a restore. 3G network reception is good and for my brother it is working well. His phone is a Motorola Defy.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

142164212.png

Works NOW!

I had subscribed to Airtel 3G - Rs.675 per month plan. Speed was like 3-5 Mbps for nearly a month and then the speed dropped to less than GPRS speed. Contacted airtel and no proper response. They are not saying why. Anyone faced similar problem?

I am using iPhone 4, tried upgrading to latest OS version and also did a restore. 3G network reception is good and for my brother it is working well. His phone is a Motorola Defy.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

142164212.png

Works NOW!
Hey dude.. I have the same issue. Was wrking fantastic, now slower than 2G. What did you do to fix the issue? Please share.

Same here..Suddenly the speed has reduced to 28KBPS download and 189 KBPS upload on my Galaxy SII.

There is no response from Airtel. They just take a complaint and forget! Was wondering that why Airtel has launched 4G while even 3G is working like 2G. Even my roaming experience with Airtel has been horrible. Guess I will have to port out to Vodaphone.

Same here..Suddenly the speed has reduced to 28KBPS download and 189 KBPS upload on my Galaxy SII.

There is no response from Airtel. They just take a complaint and forget! Was wondering that why Airtel has launched 4G while even 3G is working like 2G. Even my roaming experience with Airtel has been horrible. Guess I will have to port out to Vodaphone.

I get consistent 7-8 mbps speeds on my Vodafone, maybe you should port...

Now my speed is working fine ever since the new billing cycle has started. Guess airtel has started throttling the users. But wonder why they did this since I don't have an unlimited account. Will definitely port out if this is repeated. The worst part is that there has been no response from Airtel despite complaint. The only way Airtel responds is using a PORT sms.

I use MTS and for the past 1 week am getting rubbish speeds (max 15KBps download speeds)

I lodged a complaint and hope they call me and get this sorted, I doubt if the whole industry is sinking?

Back