Budget 0-20k Advice on replacing motherboard

Alz

Recruit
I have a self-assembled PC with the following components:
  • CPU - Intel Core i5 4440
  • Motherboard - Gigabyte B85M-D3H
  • Cabinet - Antec X1
  • PSU - Corsair CX500
  • RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 8GB (2x4GB)
  • HDD - Western Digital 1 TB + Seagate 250 GB
  • LG 32 in FHD monitor
  • Philips 5.1 surround speakers
Now the motherboard has conked out (almost to the day after the warranty ran out) Now I would like to know what is the best replacement motherboard I can get which is compatible with all the other components. I would like to be as cost-efficient as possible.

Thank you all for your replies.

You can settle for any other b85 based board, just check your RAM frequency compatibility and you're good to go.
Since you're not using a gpu, you can also save some more cash and opt for a h81 based board.

Thanks. I checked out some of these boards, not all of them have the ports for 5.1 sound output. Any particular model you would suggest? Is there an upgraded or later version of the B85M-D3H that I could buy?

Any H81 onwards till Z97 board supporting the Haswell CPU will work. However, I think you should speak to Gigabyte and ask if they could help.

Additionally, if the onboard audio is OK, then ensure you get one with the same, else I would advise to get a Xonar used..

Buy any B85/H97/Z97 motherboard depending on availability. They will all work with your CPU.

Any H81 onwards till Z97 board supporting the Haswell CPU will work. However, I think you should speak to Gigabyte and ask if they could help.

Additionally, if the onboard audio is OK, then ensure you get one with the same, else I would advise to get a Xonar used..

Thank you all for your replies.

I finally got the Asus H81M-C board. I'll have to do some workarounds to get the surround sound working (also this board does not have an HDMI out, so I'll have to use a DVI to HDMI converter that I have lying around). But I did not go for a more expensive option since even that would be a 4th gen compatible board, and thus quite outdated.

I did speak to Gigabyte, but I was quite surprised when they said that under no circumstances would they even consider repairing a board that was out of warranty (even by a few days). So that was that.

Back