Graphic Cards Advice on GPU's

I currently own a MSI 770 Twin Frozr. I am planning to upgrade my GPU so i can play some new titles (esp. Mass Effect : Andromeda). I would like to get a GTX 1070 but the cost of 30k is a bit too high for the moment. My question is, can i get the RX480 for around 15k now and make a crossfire later on by adding another or save up and get a 1070 in 3 or 4 months time.

I have just upgraded my monitor to Dell U2515H so i would be playing in 1440p. I haven't finished playing a lot of my favorite games (Tomb Raider and Witcher 3) due to average FPS and a wonky fan in my graphics card. The only game i am currently playing is World of Warships.

Hence if i buy a RX480, by the time i finish these games, i should be able to get another RX480. Is this a good idea? Or continue to play WoWs in 1440p while i wait to get GTX1070. My friend is visiting US in July, I should be able to get a EVGA 1070 for 25k then.

My current Specs is as below:
AMD FX8350 BE,
Asrock 990FX Extreme3,
G-Skill Ripjaws DDR3 (1800Mhz i think),
Corsair HX 750 Gold+,
BenQ XL2411T (will be replaced by Dell U2515H in a week or so),
NZXT Phantom 410 (The GTX 770 i have overlaps the two SATA port's. Would a bigger GPU be a problem?)

I guess my processor would not be a bottleneck but will the RAM suffice? Sorry for the long post. Thanks for the help!!

You're going to end up wasting money. Instead of spending 30k once, you will be spending 60k overall. You might recover part of your initial 30k (2x 480s) by selling the cards but Vega might launch by July and 480s will dip further in value. Additionally, crossfire isn't supported well enough in most games and you might end up getting worse performance than a single 1070 pushes out.

My suggestion is to save up and buy the 1070 directly rather than wasting any money on 480s right now.

Thanks!! Had a good day trading, so just bought the EVGA 1070. Now the long wait for it to get delivered. [emoji34]

Last edited:
Checked out those B-Stocks already. They only have 1-year warranty since they are kinda refurbished. Moreover, i only have a 60hz (OC'ed to 75hz) Dell U2515H without g-sync or freesync so getting lots more frames would be overkill and lead to screen tearing (i guess, correct me if i am wrong). Most importantly its the 3 year warranty i wanted. Next upgrade would be Ryzen 5 1600, B350 and G-skill trident Z. :):)

@Blackend - EVGA B Stock

Checked out those B-Stocks already. They only have 1-year warranty since they are kinda refurbished. Moreover, i only have a 60hz (OC'ed to 75hz) Dell U2515H without g-sync or freesync so getting lots more frames would be overkill and lead to screen tearing (i guess, correct me if i am wrong). Most importantly its the 3 year warranty i wanted. Next upgrade would be Ryzen 5 1600, B350 and G-skill trident Z. :):)

@Blackend - EVGA B Stock

Sounds good fellow Gooner!

Back