Advice for a Treadmill

LifezGooD

Adept
Planning to buy a treadmill in 2 weeks time.. budget not more than 25K ( less would be better ).

Q1. What features should be taken into considerations while buying one ?

Q2. What are the features that would be available in the price range ?

Q3. Where to look for one in the Western Suburbs ?

People using the thing daily would be me and wife.

i bought a stationary bike recently for 5k. it has adjustable resistance and the handlebar is made of two parts for a rowing motion. u can also work ur biceps, triceps and delts on it. better go for a stationary bike as its safer on ur knees and works on ur mid section faster

@deepakkrishnan : I would advise you make use of the nice 25k budget that you and your wife can both join a decent gym for a complete solution. Where in mumbai are you located ? Incase you say you have no time to go to the gym because of off working hrs. there are many gyms that work till midnight and start off at 6 in the morning. You can join a complete cardio workout schedule in that way and stay fitter !

Just incase the above mentioned is NOT an option, then I would advise you go to a few gyms...and "try" out the threadmills there....not all are good and comfy to use.....these gym people have decent tie-ups with various suppliers so they can get you something decent with some premium for them.

u will not get good treadmill w\ budgt around 30k ...u have to be ready to pay near abt 50k.... ......the feature should be looked into is the power of tread mill .....1 HP are good but 3 HP ones are excellent for home use as waight limit on this automatic treadmills are are high abt 110-120 kg........lower power ones are week and not durable.........comercial ones are above 3 hp...in the gym u usualy see 5hp ones.....

best option for ya...spend that 25k into diet\supplements\gym

..if u want to work out at home then buy set of weight plates and rods...so that u can weight later if necessary........outdoor walking\jogging is the best...

good luck :hap2:

i completely agree. 25k isnt the right budget. we manufacture light duty conveyors which are also used in treadmills. at times ive casually spoken to some of my dealers who supply to the fitness industry and you will definitely need to increase your budget to buy something that will not give problems and will last. you need to look at the power (as mentioned above). go for a low end treadmill made by a better brand than a treadmill with more features from a lower brand.

Hi!

Firstly, if you have the time and space for an outdoor run/jog then nothing like it.

But If you are looking for a home solution, for that budget, get a cross trainer instead. I would recommended the Physique RE500 sold by homefitnessdirect India. Home Fitness Direct - Delivering Quality to your Home

The same model is sold rebadged by Reebok as the Series 5 crosstrainer.

I bought this instead of a treadmill as I have had knee surgery and the crosstrainer is much friendlier on the knees than a treadmill (especially a cheap treadmill).

I like it so far and even my wife who does not like gymming at all has started using it regularly.

It probably does not have the absolute flexibility of a treadmill, but has options for varied challenging(unless you are already super-fit) workouts and I feel is the best option in the budget you have outlined.

Back