OC & Modding Add2PSU Multiple Power Supply Adapter

nRiTeCh

Skilled
Just thought about sharing for modders...

upload_2017-2-20_16-34-16.png

https://www.koolertek.com/computer-parts/pc/Add2PSU-Multiple-Power-Supply-Adapter-214p2589.htm

Its not new, I am betting that when you start with main PSU, the 4 pin molex will power the relay to short pins 13-14 (or whichever is the correct sequence)

Anyone who's gonna run two psus has the brains to run a wire from the primary to slave psu without needing this gadget.

Way back when i had my x1950gt, i had hooked up a 2nd psu rather than buy one big expensive one. Worked flawlessly and seamlessly. This was before i had a camera phone, so no pics...[DOUBLEPOST=1487902087][/DOUBLEPOST]Took some searching but found the thread, in case anyone's interested.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adaptor is something ready made and seems unique hence posted if somebody needs to buy it.
I did my own mod....no rocket science.

What i dont like about it is, it needs a molex power connector and it needs to be mounted somewhere. All you need is a thin 1-pair cable running between two psus really.

You don't need a relay. The primary psu plugs into the mobo as usual. You backprobe connect a wire to the green wire on the connector (i think it's pin 16) and another wire to any black ground wire. run this wire to the 2nd psus green and black respectively. When the system is on the 1st psu will trigger the 2nd to power on as well, when the first shuts down, the 2nd will too.

Read my old post above for more details.

Back