ACT not removing ONT box

r19

Disciple
I have been going around for 2 months askIng to remove their ONT box in Delhi as I have to shift abd landlord wants to get wall renovated. I have mailed and talked to customer care, nodal officer, their workers who you can often find squatting In public parks lying down on a bench playing with their phones, their twitter handle. All apologize for the delay but their is no follow through.

Anyone know what I should do? I have already removed the power connection and when the landlord destroys the box ACT will then ask me for money. They have an office but it is far and address on google map is different from marking.

ACT is really on the level of RCom. No doubt they also compromise privacy. I hope they get eaten by likes of bsnl, airtel,jio. At least they don't engage in openly thuggish behaviour clearly sanctioned by upper management. Thankfully seems lIke they're dying in Delhi. Even the Hathway cc would come to my house in an hour,even on Sunday

ACT customer support is the worst I've seen.

1. Requested for a new connection for my sis. Paid for 6 months plan upfront. And guess what .. it took them 25 days to install. Numerous follow ups, escalations falling in deaf ears of incompetent staff who have zero customer focus.
  2. Post installation, their engineer set the router login password and did not bother to share the same with us. So that left us to use whatever settings he put. On top of that the incompetent insecure bugger did not pick our calls when we tried to know the details. It took 10 days and several routing to actually get to know the password .. which by the way was a weird one and not in the list of their regular to-be used initial passwords for new setups
  3. Their installer let the wire hanging loose on neighbors door and it took 7 days and several calls to get that fixed.
  4. Recently their was a downtime of 5 days. ... Yes 5 days. And there was no communication or update with the customer support. After 4 days .. 2 technicians came, went to terrace to check some equipment that was installed (guess it's the ONT box) . Came back, said all fixed and vanished before we could go back and check the connection status. It was not working obviously and they just came to show faces that your issue is being looked into. The problem was at the local node which when fixed got the net working.
Overall I will never recommend ACT to anyone. At the end of 6 months, we will switch to some other ISP .. be it Jio, Tata Sky, hathway .. or even local cable wala... but ACT .. never again.

I have been going around for 2 months askIng to remove their ONT box in Delhi as I have to shift abd landlord wants to get wall renovated. I have mailed and talked to customer care, nodal officer, their workers who you can often find squatting In public parks lying down on a bench playing with their phones, their twitter handle. All apologize for the delay but their is no follow through.

Anyone know what I should do? I have already removed the power connection and when the landlord destroys the box ACT will then ask me for money. They have an office but it is far and address on google map is different from marking.

ACT is really on the level of RCom. No doubt they also compromise privacy. I hope they get eaten by likes of bsnl, airtel,jio. At least they don't engage in openly thuggish behaviour clearly sanctioned by upper management. Thankfully seems lIke they're dying in Delhi. Even the Hathway cc would come to my house in an hour,even on Sunday
WHy don't you take out the ONT and keep it with you - You can then have some fun with them following up for your availability to collect the device from
Return eventually after you are satisfied

They definitely have a problem in communication. My installation took place in 13 days. Loads of calls and requests for information and updates yielded nothing during this time. However the net has been 100% online. But I do worry how they would handle if any downtime takes place.

I had a pretty smooth experience with them, the installation and working connection in a couple days of making the payment and the downtime has been negligible, I recall 1 instance in about 8 months for about 2 hours.

WHy don't you take out the ONT and keep it with you - You can then have some fun with them following up for your availability to collect the device from
Return eventually after you are satisfied
How do I remove it? I cant pull the cover open or remove the box. Asked my electrician but he couldnt too so just removed the electricity connection. The box says 'SFO Nest'. Also will ACT charge me for fiber damge?

Tomorrow is the last working day I'm here so need to resolve it

Last edited:
Inform them that it will be removed if its not collected by so and so date and that you will not be responsible for it. Keep proof of communications.

Just write a mail to appellate authority mentioned on their customer care and then remove the box yourself. Don't worry they dont care about the boxes.

So in the end the box was not removed. Wrote multiple mails to nodal officer

They definitely have a problem in communication. My installation took place in 13 days. Loads of calls and requests for information and updates yielded nothing during this time. However the net has been 100% online. But I do worry how they would handle if any downtime takes place.
Maybe they took time in your case if you paid by cash. I paid by cheque and the installation was swift as they knew I'd stop the cheque otherwise. The thing with the board was also intentionl. I had asked their guys squattibg in parks multiple times too and they'd say oh so sorry we'll do it today each time. Thats Tikona RCom tier goon behaviour. Not something they should do for their growth IMHO. Interestingly place I've moved to in Chennai and neighbour has Act box but looking to remove it due to sudden super high electricity bills

I had a pretty smooth experience with them, the installation and working connection in a couple days of making the payment and the downtime has been negligible, I recall 1 instance in about 8 months for about 2 hours.
Yeah I too had a solid connection, some imternational speed issues though I guess I'd get them on another connection with Tata too. I think getting LCO would have been better since they were on fiber and I could hassle free remove it. Hathway connection was hassle free too but they wete oversellIng quite a bit giving 150mbps for 500pm

Maybe they took time in your case if you paid by cash. I paid by cheque and the installation was swift as they knew I'd stop the cheque otherwise.
yeah, I prepaid via netbanking. I realized I should have waited at least for installation before paying. BUT if I had waited I would have cancelled, which would be bad, because the connection itself is great. so idk :/

So the junction box never got removed and the wall was destroyed for renovation and guess what.. The following day ACT people turn up to fight with my previous landlord. It is very unlikely this is happening without upper management blessings. It is very unfortunate. Didn't expect it from a company of ACT's stature. I don't think it is the right thing to do to acquire market share in this age. People have multiple choices. Most people are mostly fulfilled by mobile data. People want at least peace of mind when you get a broadband connection. Yet ACT engages in things like this, fake offers over phone, false FUP usage. They might be doing more behind the scenes with our data too, who knows.. Lastly, hope I don't get threatening calls like customers of RCom and Tikona used to get. Have written lots of E-mail

Honestly if they just want to fix their board just offer bigger discount, increasing per number of customers connected to board

So at least in Delhi I would caution people against getting their connection and speak with their wallet. Hathway has similar service but oversells a bit but it is tension free and much more available service. Or get MTNL or Airtel ftth if they are in your places. Never had any problem with MTNL CS, but they just started ftth where I lived. I'd gladly pay to a govt telecom if they provided 30-40% less fup but better service for similar price

Back