ACT fibernet: Internet not working? Read this

swatkats

Skilled
This thread is mainly for ACT Broadband Customers but for other ISP users the below method will also be of great help, Just find out the Nodal and Appellate details of your ISP.

Hey ACT Fibernet customer,
I am also a normal ACT customer like you who faces issues sometimes which takes a lot of time to get them resolved.
Off lately, Customer care of ACT has gone bad.. Either the line is always busy or the Technician don't do their job properly.

Recently a year back Beam Fiber was branded as ACT fibernet and as a result of that whole management changed. From what i heard they scaled down their Customer support and Technicians have been allotted a lot of customers.

Coming to the point..

- Do you Face Frequent disconnections?
- No Internet from past few days?
- No/low battery backup when there is a power cut?
- Money taken but installation not yet done?

You might have called up the customer care and they raised a ticket but your complaint has not been properly addressed. In this case your best bet would be contacting the Nodal and Appellate authority.

Shoot an email with Ticket/Account details to both the Nodal and Appellate which can be found here
: http://www.actcorp.in/customer-care

I got issues solved through the above method 99% of the times.

If this doesn't help you..
Hyderabad users can use Deccan Chronicle's Monday Speakout column

Email: info@deccanmail.com ; Sub: Speakout Hyderabad
Make sure you mention your Account no or Ticket no!

What if i had long Downtimes?

If you didn't knew, ISP needs to provide a residential broadband customer 98% uptime (Not more than ~15Hours of Downtime per month) according to TRAI rules.

If your connection was down for more than 3 days in a calendar month, Make sure you get waiver for those days (Don't use the account from anywhere because they check logs for any usage). Call up CC and raise a request for waiver, if they refuse to raise a ticket. Email the nodal and appellate they shall help you with that.

If all the above were of no help raise a complaint at http://www.core.nic.in/ (Works out fast) (or) PGPORTAL (Central Govt's Public Grievance Portal): http://pgportal.gov.in/. However this may take a lot of time (upto 30days) but be relaxed your issue will be addressed any how.

Do share this post on Facebook/Twitter if you find this article helpful. Happy Browsing! :)

Last edited:
if it was down for more than 3 days in a month !!!

That means 2 days down per month is ok ?

heh, this is why i don't use ACT.

I use Airtel. At most and this is bad for them is half a night per month if at all.

That is reliability.

^ Good for you. All the best with Airtel.

No ISP will give waiver for 1 or 2 days of downtime. Not even Airtel or Tata. This is like normal thing in Indian ISP industry.
If at all rules were forced stringedly, ISP should automatically give a waiver for the downtime over 15hrs for a residential connection.

A Few TRAI rules applicable for Residential Broadband customer..
http://www.medianama.com/2013/01/223-trai-will-penalize-isps-for-poor-broadband-service/

TRAI has updated its Quality of Service (QoS) regulations for broadband, adding a clause which allows it to penalize service providers that fail to meet the QoS benchmarks, submit falsified reports on QoS parameters, or fail to submit reports. The regulations:

For not meeting QoS benchmarks

ISPs will be charged Rs 50,000 per parameter in the first instanc, and Rs 100,000 per parameter for subsequent contraventions. The parameters ISPs need to meet:
i. Activation time: 100% activation in less than or equal to 15 days (subject to technical feasibility).
ii. Fault Repair/Restoration time: fixed by next working day in more than 90% of cases, and 99% in next 3 working days.
iii. Billing Performance: less than 2% billing complaints per 100 bills issued, 100% of billing complaints resolved within 4 days, 100% refund of deposit within 60 days of closure of account.
iv. Customer care responsiveness: 60% of calls answered within 60 seconds, 80% of calls within 90 seconds
v. Connection speed: Subscribed Broadband Connection Speed to be met more than 80% from ISP Node to User.
vi. Service Availability / Uptime: 98%
vii. Packet Loss: less than 1%

I use Airtel. At most and this is bad for them is half a night per month if at all.

That is reliability.
Ok chill down now. There is a big 'if" there and it doesnt mean ACT is down for 1 or 2 or days. I am having a good experience with ACT so far. May be 1 hour of downtime so far in 4 months.

That is reliability.
No downtime in ACT in almost one year. Apart from few hours every once or twice 6 months and thats usually in midnight and they send out sms before hand. Reliability is subjective as far as ISPs are concerned in India.

You might have called up the customer care and they raised a ticket but your complaint has not been properly addressed. In this case your best bet would be contacting the Nodal and Appellate authority.
This is the other things that is seriously crap with ACT.

Call them up register a complaint. They give you a ticket. all very professional.

Guess what, they reset those numbers the next day. So if no action was taken they CLOSE YOUR TICKET BY THEMSELVES.

Have to register another complaint.

They say will be fixed within 24 hours. Understand this means business hours. Since they dod not work 24h more like 8-10h.

24h MEANS 3 DAYS !!

All i use act for is tv. I hardly use the tv. Act are cheap.

This is the other things that is seriously crap with ACT. AIRTEL

Call them up register a complaint. They give you a ticket. all very professional.

Guess what, they reset those numbers the next day. So if no action was taken they CLOSE YOUR TICKET BY THEMSELVES.

Have to register another complaint.

They say will be fixed within 24 hours. Understand this means business hours. Since they dod not work 24h more like 8-10h.

fHfj4G3.png

http://epaper.deccanchronicle.com/articledetailpage.aspx?id=5567195

Last edited:
To be honest, I never had any major downtime issues with any of the ISP's I have used in last 8 years. Airtel, Reliance, Beam/ACT all had 99%+ up time.

Regarding ACT, I didn't experience any downtime this year except for a few hours during the recent heavy wind + rain when lots of trees/poles fell down.

ACT is the worst offender of all when it comes to customer service. When it was under Beam it was excellent. At least that is the case in Hyderabad. For over 1 year now the battery backup does not last for more than 2 mins. Calling customer service is of no use because the call never gets connected. I am now switching over to Hathway.

ACT sucks big time in customer service. Just waiting for Jio to launch and kick their butt.

I didn't face any problems with ACT CS when I had occasion to call them recently although the call itself was not due to internet issues.
But what I know is that Hathway is a pile of shit in almost every way be it consistency of internet services or customer care and support. i.e. Unless they have suddenly improved 10000 times or so recently.

I didn't face any problems with ACT CS when I had occasion to call them recently although the call itself was not due to internet issues.
But what I know is that Hathway is a pile of shit in almost every way be it consistency of internet services or customer care and support. i.e. Unless they have suddenly improved 10000 times or so recently.

Are you from Hyderabad? The problem is with CS in Hyderabad. Hathway has been quite reliable for the last 1 month that I have been using it as a backup connection. In fact I exclusively use Hathway for my Work From Home.

Yes, I am in Hyderabad. I had to call the ACT CC a couple of times last month and I didn't face any busy lines or such. The last time I needed to call in a technician because of internet issue was nearly an year ago and the response was prompt was prompt at the time (called CC @ 8.30 AM and the issue was resolved by 10.30 AM). Recently, there was a bit of disruption due to the wind and rains, but they sent SMS notification about ETA to fix the issues and for me at least, the issue were resolved pretty fast.

Could you please do me a favour and call them now? I called them now and the lines are busy. It always is busy unless you make it your sole goal of your life to call them early in the morning as soon as they open up.

Could you please do me a favour and call them now? I called them now and the lines are busy. It always is busy unless you make it your sole goal of your life to call them early in the morning as soon as they open up.
I understand your problem and yes CC is always busy these days. Connection is touchwood sometimes and sometimes its worst.

Mail your concern to support@actcorp.in and do mention the Account no or REG mobile no. They'll raise a ticket but obviously they won't resolve your backup problem. Later send a mail to both nodal and appellate.. Blast them as to why they won't change the battery(?) and take assurance that they should change as soon as possible. It should work this way.

I made it point to call them early this morning. Apparently they solved the problem hence they closed the ticket. Obviously they just closed the ticket without resolving it. After giving them my piece of mind, they created another ticket. I mailed the batter backup issue and closure of tickets without resolution to Nodal and Appellate officers. How soon can I expect a response?

<--- 10 years experience with airtel

Advised by some guys in Delhi to switch and i never looked back.

[DOUBLEPOST=1465921379][/DOUBLEPOST]
generally Airtel has good uptimes
THAT is the key part. Reason is their cables are underground all the way up to my house in my case.

Once you have to deal with customer service your mileage is going to vary. They used to have a 4h restore uptime rule.

There have been times when the connection has gone late in the evening only to come back first thing in the morning.[DOUBLEPOST=1465921472][/DOUBLEPOST]
ACT sucks big time in customer service. Just waiting for Jio to launch and kick their butt.
The reason wired broadband never really took off is telcos saw much bigger profits with mobile.

Last edited:
No downtime with ACT since more than a year now. I have faced downtime for about 2 days once 2 years ago when the cable was cut. Other than that excellent service and reliability.

Back