Aadhaar card

Ok jumping on a running train so pardon me for my question...

How do I get about getting an Aadhar Card in Bangalore ?
- I have shifted from Mumbai to Bangalore recently and I have rented an Apt. so I have my Residential Agreement as a proof.

What else will be required ?

Birth Certificate, Photo ID, and address proof. Plus all your biometric data.

Last edited:
I don't mean to a be a party pooper here, but if BJP wins the upcoming election, BJP run states have the other system in place. That means aadhar goes in the dumps.
Now the question is simple, Since one of the above posts points out the cia are invovled, that shows the over confidence of Congress.... are the elections going to be rigged? I was seriously contemplating migrating if congress won again,,,,,but seeing how the c!a is involved, now it seems as though there is no point in doing this.

Something funny on this serious thread.

I got Aadhaar because of LPG. Since Jan 1, LPG subsidy had to come through Aadhaar in my area. So gave my Aadhaar details to my LPG distributor and my bank.

After that I got LPG cylinder in February first week which used to cost Rs.420/- approx. This time I paid Rs.1133.

And after 2 days I got a credit of Rs.435 in my bank. After a couple of more days, I got another credit of Rs.712.25.

I don't know if it will adjusted in future or not but as of now they gave me one free refill. :p

I don't mean to a be a party pooper here, but if BJP wins the upcoming election, BJP run states have the other system in place. That means aadhar goes in the dumps.
Now the question is simple, Since one of the above posts points out the cia are invovled, that shows the over confidence of Congress.... are the elections going to be rigged? I was seriously contemplating migrating if congress won again,,,,,but seeing how the c!a is involved, now it seems as though there is no point in doing this.

not sure if you're serious!
you're being waay tooo paranoid - Congress, BJP, Left, right, behen Mayawati or her dog - it really doesn't matter who comes in to power: our lives on the ground will NOT change. WE will still jump traffic signals and when caught, bribe the cop. WE will still under value your property when you register it and pay the rest in cash, WE will still continue to bend the rules.

Case in point - Karnataka: Yeddy (&sons) and Reddy (brothers) :D

Anyways, back to topic :
Online slot booking isn't yet implemented. Though their sites says so.
Recently I applied from the Permanent enrollment center at Lalbagh Road (besides Passport seva kendra).
They accept the forms from 9am till 11am and start taking the biometric scans in FIFO order.
Be there early (before 9) and you could finish it within an hour.
Carry proper documents - as I was having problem with the address proof. They were reluctant to accept rent agreement even after notarization. But they did took it finally. :)

So all I need to do is show up at one of the centers with my passport and all my fingers at the Aadhar center and register there. I should get my card/online card or whatever. Correct?
No appointments, no agents, no nothing - correct?

Anyways, back to topic :
So all I need to do is show up at one of the centers with my passport and all my fingers at the Aadhar center and register there. I should get my card/online card or whatever. Correct?
No appointments, no agents, no nothing - correct?

Yeah thats it. If your passport have your residence address it serves as both ID & Address proof. Else you might need another.
And you are suppose to receive a original (hard copy) of the Adhar card in your address. But it takes time I suppose. I have applied recently - no idea about timelines.

You can get the form from Adhar site and take a print and fill it up before standing in the queue. Might help to overtake 2/3 guys in the queue. :p :p

A two-member bench of the Supreme Court on Monday ordered that these cards cannot be used to deny citizens benefits under various welfare schemes. The Unique Identification Authority of India has also been ordered not to share the biometrics and other relevant data collected by it with the crime investigation agencies.
The data is to be used only for `civilian and non-forensic purposes.’ In this case, the UIDAI had appealed against a lower court order in Goa, which had directed it to provide the CBI relevant data collected in the state to help the investigating agency solve the case of a gang-rape of a seven year-old girl last year.

http://freepressjournal.in/aadhaar-without-aadhaar/

^U don't even need card, why do you need? You can get the card online and take print out

True, but it takes a while for the card to be activated online. And to be honest, when the Aadhar is required to be shown, the boorish bureaucrats, will prefer an "original". Extremely annoying and archaic trend which India has. Probably in consensus with so much fraud we all do.

Yes. I have to renew my rent agreement and stupid authorities want actual card.
Even though printout should do but no, just to trouble the people :(

A two-member bench of the Supreme Court on Monday ordered that these cards cannot be used to deny citizens benefits under various welfare schemes. The Unique Identification Authority of India has also been ordered not to share the biometrics and other relevant data collected by it with the crime investigation agencies.
The data is to be used only for `civilian and non-forensic purposes.’ In this case, the UIDAI had appealed against a lower court order in Goa, which had directed it to provide the CBI relevant data collected in the state to help the investigating agency solve the case of a gang-rape of a seven year-old girl last year.

http://freepressjournal.in/aadhaar-without-aadhaar/
Well actually you should watch this documentary I posted about in another thread:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/real-csi/
The whole fingerprint thing is not infallible, add Aadhar to the mix and its just recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
Yes. I have to renew my rent agreement and stupid authorities want actual card.
Even though printout should do but no, just to trouble the people :(
Yes, it is quite stupid. Even I had to take mine in original. No ones care anything about the print-out or web version being original. India cannot move forward.

Back