A-VO-ID: Do a minimum RC of Rs.35 per 28days or No outgoing calls (Even with Main Balance!)

guys, how do you move to prepaid from postpaid for airtel example the 1600 plan?
any tips?
Yes.
As per my porting conversation with vodafone today here are the steps (may be common to every operator but better to confirm first hand before following)

If I want to port tomorrow 26th Jan and my billing date is 3rd of every month,

I must pay self-estimated post-paid bill amount. 400 bucks in my case. (you must be bit accurate based on your plan etc.)

Once the payment is received by vodafone within 2 days, I'm free to port.

The 400 bucks is just an estimate and final bill will be calculated either up to 26th Jan or the day vodafone receives the amount lets say 29th in worst possible scenario. It totally depends how vodafone takes it.

Now if my bill up to 26 or 29th Jan comes to only 350 bucks then what about my balance 50 bucks which was paid as excess?

Well the balance 50 bucks + my postpaid deposit amount will be paid to me back after 48 days to my chosen/preferred method.

For the method thing you need to send an email to a certain mail id stating your bank account/paytm or whatever.

After 48 days I will receive some sms from vodafone and then I will call CC and confirm the whereabouts about the amount etc.

Thats it!! Hope this helps.

If I have a 84 days plan active on my phone and say it expires on 15th March (1.5 months from today), can I prematurely recharge for another 3 months (84 days actually) plan now itself?
Asking only because I keep getting those free charge offers of 50 off and such and wanted to avail those.

If I have a 84 days plan active on my phone and say it expires on 15th March (1.5 months from today), can I prematurely recharge for another 3 months (84 days actually) plan now itself?
Asking only because I keep getting those free charge offers of 50 off and such and wanted to avail those.

Nope.

I did this on my father's number on last day of his 84 day plan. Buggers activated new one on same day resulting loss of 1 day validity.

Nopes. Jio allows you to queue the plan, while others activate it same time.

I recharged 399/84 days airtel plan two times and they got queued.
The third recharge failed many times and airtel cc told me that they allow only one plan in wait-queue.

It does not get queued for me. Got activated on the same day twice. And we cannot wait to recharge after expiry because Airtel will charge rs 28 post expiry.

I'm in some fuzzy situation.
I have this old docomo no. not recharged since a month. When I dial the ussd code to check balance, it says zero balance but I'm sure has Rs 9.

To activate the validity, I did a basic Rs 10 topup having NIL validity. (Fine as I didnt do the full 28 days bare min. recharge.) But the ussd still says no validity and zero bal is displayed wher it should had mentioned this 7 + previous 9 Rs.
More to that even my incoming calls are barred.

When I log into docomo app, there it shows my full balance of Rs 16 (which includes 7 + 9 Rs.)

When I try to dial this no. from other phone it simply gets disconnected without any operator message.

I'm now simply thinking of doing a "Rs44 3GB 3G DATA, Validity: 28 Days;" recharge to just surf the net as I dont wish to use this no. for calling etc.

Can this Data recharge suffice my no. validity needs and help enable those Rs 16 stuck beneath and utilize them??

Please dont press me to do all those combo recharges which are anyways too costly for my NIL usage & I already have my soon to be ported Vodafone for all primary needs.
Just want to keep my sim/no active thats it!

Last edited:
I'm in some fuzzy situation.
I have this old docomo no. not recharged since a month. When I dial the ussd code to check balance, it says zero balance but I'm sure has Rs 9.

To activate the validity, I did a basic Rs 10 topup having NIL validity. (Fine as I didnt do the full 28 days bare min. recharge.) But the ussd still says no validity and zero bal is displayed wher it should had mentioned this 7 + previous 9 Rs.
More to that even my incoming calls are barred.

When I log into docomo app, there it shows my full balance of Rs 16 (which includes 7 + 9 Rs.)

When I try to dial this no. from other phone it simply gets disconnected without any operator message.

I'm now simply thinking of doing a "Rs44 3GB 3G DATA, Validity: 28 Days;" recharge to just surf the net as I dont wish to use this no. for calling etc.

Can this Data recharge suffice my no. validity needs and help enable those Rs 16 stuck beneath and utilize them??

Please dont press me to do all those combo recharges which are anyways too costly for my NIL usage & I already have my soon to be ported Vodafone for all primary needs.
Just want to keep my sim/no active thats it!
last month i recharged idea with 49 for 1 GB, validity 28 days. it works perfectly.

Can anyone explain me the below screenshot? There are 2 messages which I received today. One says my unlimited plan expires tomorrow which is true. In the my vodafone app too it says my outgoing will be barred after tomorrow.
But the second text talks about some validity to expiring in 3 days. Not sure but these seems contradictory.
The Hindi in 2nd message is also broken but it seems to tell that that for 24 Rs recharge, I will get 28 days validity but also says that in order to prevent my balance from getting cut, I have to dial that USSD code. I am unable to understand the 2nd message at all.

969042e2beca7f70ecbad7affacab4a4.jpeg

So I did the USSD code mentioned and I got this...
Seems some kind of auto debit facility. Which I wasn't aware of existed.
Does this mean that if I am not on any unlimited plan, vodafone will deduct Rs. 24 every 28 days automatically to keep my number and outgoing active?

d840d223bc56e3a71efec50087ab047b.jpg

Last edited:
I have been able to queue plans on both Airtel and Jio.

Same for me on Airtel.
I was on 499 (2GB/day plan). I recharged with 558 (3GB/day plan) 1 day before the expiry of the old plan and it added the new plan to the queue and once the old plan expired new one got activated. They also sent me the SMS saying that the new plans will start from the (date of expiry of old plan).

Can anyone suggest me what full talk time recharge I can do for Vodafone prepaid Mumbai ? I don't need any unlimited plan or anything. I am outside India so I don't need data or anything. I only need to maintain balance in my account so that Vodafone can cut 24 Rs per month to keep account active and I can make the 1 call per month too (charges 70 rs per call). On vodafone website and such, I can only see 100 rs full talk time recharge (apart from Rs 1000 one) but it says 28 days validity and I don't understand that part.

Can anyone suggest me what full talk time recharge I can do for Vodafone prepaid Mumbai ? I don't need any unlimited plan or anything. I am outside India so I don't need data or anything. I only need to maintain balance in my account so that Vodafone can cut 24 Rs per month to keep account active and I can make the 1 call per month too (charges 70 rs per call). On vodafone website and such, I can only see 100 rs full talk time recharge (apart from Rs 1000 one) but it says 28 days validity and I don't understand that part.
The balance do not hold any validity, Validity expires but balance does not, So recharge with 100 you get 100, After evey 28 days Voda will automatically deduct 24 from your main balance.

Back