A place to be- Far from tensions, troubles, worries,anxieties etc...

I dont know what to title this thread but the prime motto is---
To visit and live in such a place for a few days where you can rediscover, rejuvenate and rewind yourself.
Be far away from our day to day tensions, worries and pain.

I'm sure if not all but most of you too must have sometimes wondered or thought of disappearing from this world for some period of time just to restart yourselves and be back with a bang of freshness. And we do need something like this due to our daily stressful lives.

Looking for some local place where we can stay stay disconnected to rediscover ourselves. Place of peace and calm.
vacations. you're talking about vacations. :)

I was in similar/ worse state in 2015, too much work, tension etc.etc.
Was fortunate enough to take a 4 month break, travelled a lot, went to Eastern Europe, backpacked through Poland, Austria, Slovakia, Czech Republic, met a wonderful person, she changed my life thereafter[DOUBLEPOST=1533523519][/DOUBLEPOST]The secret of stress free state is simple, differentiate needs from wants. Work for the needs, let go the wants

Last edited:
Go to south goa and relax your mind. Find a nice resort for convenience. I just returned from Zuri resort, Varca, Goa and had a relaxed time. No outside noise, green lands all across and clean private beach. Try it, you won't regret.

I recently went to this place called Neeleshwar Hermitage in northern kerala:

http://www.neeleshwarhermitage.com/

Fabulous place - highly recommended.

their site is confusing, can you tell me more about it. price range, etc

edit-
Code:
Mandatory New Year Eve dinner Rs 6700 per person + 18% taxes (a la carte)
Lunch Rs. 1500 + 18% taxes, Per Person.
Dinner Rs 1600 + 18% taxes, per person.

looks like, its not for common man like me. :(

their site is confusing, can you tell me more about it. price range, etc

edit-
Code:
Mandatory New Year Eve dinner Rs 6700 per person + 18% taxes (a la carte)
Lunch Rs. 1500 + 18% taxes, Per Person.
Dinner Rs 1600 + 18% taxes, per person.

looks like, its not for common man like me. :(

Year end is expensive everywhere. Avoid that time! I went off season so prices were like ~6k+tax. Very little crowd too - just two or three families so service was fabulous. Food for 2 for 4 lunches+4 dinners, snacks etc a la carte was around 9-10k.

Have you explored backpacking, trekking or solo-tripping? Trekking on some of the easy to moderate routes might not look that easy for a beginner in India, especially if you're new to camping in the wild, but there are agencies now which organize treks to most of the popular routes especially targeting beginners. Although I wouldn't advise sticking to them once you've discovered if trekking is for you or not, and you've become a seasoned trekker, due to the approach to trekking that they take.

Resorts and all are okay for a quick getaway once in a while and I do indulge in them, but for the money spent and the comfort they offer, I don't find them as places to truly disconnect. Ofcourse to each his own. What I have started doing since the past 2-3 years though, is that I take a month's LOA and head off to some destination within or outside India that I've had in mind or on a trek for 10-15 days, stay around (mostly with the locals if its in the hills) and explore the place at leisure without a fixed itinerary. Spiti is one such place that I go back to every year now, partly due to the locals that I've befriended there, the calmness that it offers and a bit of volunteering that I do while I'm there.

Have you explored backpacking, trekking or solo-tripping? Trekking on some of the easy to moderate routes might not look that easy for a beginner in India, especially if you're new to camping in the wild, but there are agencies now which organize treks to most of the popular routes especially targeting beginners. Although I wouldn't advise sticking to them once you've discovered if trekking is for you or not, and you've become a seasoned trekker, due to the approach to trekking that they take.

Resorts and all are okay for a quick getaway once in a while and I do indulge in them, but for the money spent and the comfort they offer, I don't find them as places to truly disconnect. Ofcourse to each his own. What I have started doing since the past 2-3 years though, is that I take a month's LOA and head off to some destination within or outside India that I've had in mind or on a trek for 10-15 days, stay around (mostly with the locals if its in the hills) and explore the place at leisure without a fixed itinerary. Spiti is one such place that I go back to every year now, partly due to the locals that I've befriended there, the calmness that it offers and a bit of volunteering that I do while I'm there.
I heard great things about Annapurna circuit. I am planning to go to roopkund hike this year.

Simple step and it might be very effective. Go for a Vipassana Course (https://www.dhamma.org), they will make you devoid of everything during the period of the course (no speaking, outside contact, phone etc etc)

One of my friend attended it and though he faced difficulties in the initial few days, later he got adjusted to it. Just give it a try and you may find peace in you and everywhere ;)

Simple step and it might be very effective. Go for a Vipassana Course (https://www.dhamma.org), they will make you devoid of everything during the period of the course (no speaking, outside contact, phone etc etc)

One of my friend attended it and though he faced difficulties in the initial few days, later he got adjusted to it. Just give it a try and you may find peace in you and everywhere ;)

A friend of mine completed it and hated it. He felt it was a waste of time.

What's the point of leaving chaos and then entering isolation mode? Just book a flight and room to someplace serene, devoid of tourism noise and enjoy your time OP. You have enough options to choose from. Wherever you go, relax and rejuvenate.

Great responses guys!! Cheers!
Vipasanna will be a too jailed term for me. I have heard of it since decades. Its something like living in stringent rules and disciplines which frankly I'm not comfortable with. It will only add to my frustrations.
I dont want to completely go mute ..nope not at all.

I would prefer interacting with new people may be of different tastes, regions etc. while cutting off completely from my regular people.
Would prefer brisk activities like short trip cycling etc. where one can hire and join groups of new people and travel further.
Hotel is also in my mind but something like a Hut stay etc in jungles or beaches.
om-sai-beach-huts-agondagoa.JPG

african-style-hut.jpg
And lastly: pocket/budget friendly time spending.

Great responses guys!! Cheers!
Vipasanna will be a too jailed term for me. I have heard of it since decades. Its something like living in stringent rules and disciplines which frankly I'm not comfortable with. It will only add to my frustrations.
I dont want to completely go mute ..nope not at all.

I would prefer interacting with new people may be of different tastes, regions etc. while cutting off completely from my regular people.
Would prefer brisk activities like short trip cycling etc. where one can hire and join groups of new people and travel further.
Hotel is also in my mind but something like a Hut stay etc in jungles or beaches.
om-sai-beach-huts-agondagoa.JPG

african-style-hut.jpg
And lastly: pocket/budget friendly time spending.

You are in similar fate like others buddy. Everyone thinks it is like a jail term, but post completing the course, they have only positive things to say about it. Rest is upto you. One of my close friend did it a few years back and the after effect was wonderful. He is planning one soon as well.

One a positive side, you should do whatever makes you happy. Cheers

Back