A noob's guide on buying consoles!

Re: Thinking of buying a PS3!!!!

Gannu said:
The widely spread theory that a console with an import date after Feb~March 2011 may have a 3.56 firmware has thus been proved wrong! :D

Not all Q1 bundles had 3.56 as the stock firmware. A lot of KZ3 bundles still had 3.50.

Getting the latest firmware in the PS3 is easy. Just download the latest firmware to sign in into the PSN and play online. IIt can be downloaded from Playstation US or UK Or AUS websites on PC or via PS3 itself.

Why is there fuss over which firmware one gets after he or she buys the console, any which way it has to be updated to the latest 3.72 version.

Only valid reason i can see for having to worry about the firmware which the console original comes with is to check whether it is from the new stock or not.

prakhar said:
Getting the latest firmware in the PS3 is easy. Just download the latest firmware to sign in into the PSN and play online. IIt can be downloaded from Playstation US or UK Or AUS websites on PC or via PS3 itself.

Why is there fuss over which firmware one gets after he or she buys the console, any which way it has to be updated to the latest 3.72 version.

Only valid reason i can see for having to worry about the firmware which the console original comes with is to check whether it is from the new stock or not.

It is that simple ??!!?

Blimey..! Would have never guessed it.

^^ How many times has this been discussed here in TE that after CFW 3.55 there is NO other CFW which can play the new games for now! For latest updates and news on PS3 Scene go to ps3.dashhacks.com

Ordered yesterday afternoon (letsbuy - 320GB / Move Pack) and got it today. :clap:

Guess what version is it, giving no hint with the smiley ...

india_rulz said:
3.50???
(10)

Yes 3.50 it is. :)

The sticker says:
- Month & Year of import: February 2011
- MRP: 23490/-

There is another sticker on the box:

Reduced MRP: Rs.19,990/-
Effective from Date: 19th August, 2011.

mgdelhi said:

The sticker says:

Lucky dude. Congratulations.

mgdelhi said:
Bought a PS3 - 320GB with Move Starter Pack Bundle and two free games : TNA Impact & Modnation Racer from Letsbuy.com for Rs.17,790 (18990 - 1200).

What else do I need to buy ?

I am not a gamer. Bought it for the blu-ray player, casual gaming and hype. ;)

So what simple games (non-violent) should I buy?

how did you get 1200/- off?

EDIT: nevermind. i found the coupon!

mgdelhi said:

The sticker says:

Enjoy JB-ing :)

Re: A newbies guide to which console to get!

Bought a PS3 version Move bundle today .. 3.50 version
But unable to play God of War Collection Volume II...

Any way to play without upgrading to a version greater than 3.55??
MGDelhi .. Did you JB your PS yet ??

Thanks Aman for a wonderful thread...it helps a newbie like me to compare/ chose console....and yes I have decided on PS3..

I am getting a 250GB - PS3 - God of Wars III Bundle - for 16500/-

The shopkeeper say i will get the 1 year sony warranty. I am sure the firmware would be < 3.50 as it is quite a old model(more than 1 year pkg- JUly 2010)

My concerns:

- Should I go for these old model - July 2010 pkg - though its a slim version. Is it advisable??

- If yes, Any issue with model like - Overheating, SOD etc

- Can I jailbreak it for pirated CDs

APpreciate help.

Thanks..

sameersingh said:
Thanks Aman for a wonderful thread...it helps a newbie like me to compare/ chose console....and yes I have decided on PS3..

I am getting a 250GB - PS3 - God of Wars III Bundle - for 16500/-

The shopkeeper say i will get the 1 year sony warranty. I am sure the firmware would be < 3.50 as it is quite a old model(more than 1 year pkg- JUly 2010)

My concerns:

- Should I go for these old model - July 2010 pkg - though its a slim version. Is it advisable??

- If yes, Any issue with model like - Overheating, SOD etc

- Can I jailbreak it for pirated CDs

APpreciate help.

Thanks..

1 - Yes no problem, till it's not the phat you're good to go. Plus on the older stocks you can JB it easily.

2 - Slim's are very well made. No common mass spread issues.

3 - Yes you can, 3.55 KMEAW CFW is recommended. But not for pirated discs. You'll have to load the games on a HDD, internal or external.

Thanks Aman for the quick response.

Its a July 2010 package, most probably it would be slim one.

Can anyone suggest me differentiating points between Fatt and SLim versions. I never/owned the version hence would be difficult for me too differentiate.

Thanks

Re: Next console generation arrives in 2012

Hi frens,

Is it safe to buy 320gb PS3 with move bundle with import date of APRIL 2011. i don't want to risk myself in ending up with FW higher than 3.55 :)

Please let me know, i need to buy it this weekend.....

Regards,

Prem

All Move Bundles that I came across that were bought recently (even with a early packing stamp say March,April) have the 3.60 FW preinstalled.

Only Models that are absolutely certain to have 3.55 are the 160GB models bought from Letsbuy.com that too the one's shipped from their Delhi Warehouse.

Hope it Helps. :)

Send from SGS-II using Tapatalk

Buying a new console

Hi guys,

After a lot of brainstorming whether to buy a phone, a home theater, or a console, I have finally decided on a console. The only 2 considerations are PS3 and XBOX 360.

I have read that PS3 upto firmware 3.55 can be hacked. I can't know the firmware without opening the box, right? Is there any foolproof method to do so without unboxing? Like Import date, etc, so that I can confirm before buying it off the shelf... Also, can it play backup disks, or only images copied to the hard disk?

Also, about the XBOX, Can it be easily modded? And after that, it will play game backups, right? I am asking this because its HDD is pretty expensive.

I live in Hyderabad. Can anyone tell me a place where I can get these, preferably modded there itself?

And yeah, please suggested which one to go for.

Thanks.

Re: A noob's guide to which console to get!

I'm a noob regarding consoles. Looking to buy a Wii for my son.

What are the things to look for?

What are the difference between the US and Koraen version?

Which among the below is a better deal?

Amazon.com: Wii Black Console with New Super Mario Brothers Wii and Music CD: Video Games

Amazon.com: Wii Console with Mario Kart Wii Bundle - Black: Nintendo Wii: Video Games

BLACK Wii SYSTEM CONSOLE SPORTS RESORT MOTION PLUS BOX - 17 GAMES INCLUDED! NICE (0045496880255) | eBay

NEW Limited Edition Blue Wii Console Factory Sealed | eBay

Need a quick suggestion guys.

Back