A noob's guide on buying consoles!

Re: Thinking of buying a PS3!!!!

^ Gannu I think these type of thread should be re-directed to sticky threads thats why we have those and this thread needs to be locked, also there are just too many Sticky threads which in time require unsticked.

^I always point them to that thread but turns out they have specific queries related to the retailers and so forth which deviates from the main topic.

Re: A newbies guide to which console to get!

@ Gannu bhai - done! Ps3 and wii prices have dropped, and the 360's price has increased by a few hundred bucks!

Update: Received the console. It has the April '11 import date so it has got to be 3.56 or 3.60. Haven't had the time to open it out of the box as yet. Will keep you notified.

Holy mother of lord, the firmware is:

3.50 :O with an import date of April 2011! I can't fcuking believe this!

*gulp*

My friend would be more than happy! :D

Don't seem like it. Sony's hologram sticker was untouched. The box had the original price of Rs. 19,990 with the April 2011 import date. A new sticker has been stuck above that which reads an MRP of Rs. 16,990 effective from 19.08.2011.

The widely spread theory that a console with an import date after Feb~March 2011 may have a 3.56 firmware has thus been proved wrong! :D

Gannu said:
Holy mother of lord, the firmware is:

3.50 :O with an import date of April 2011! I can't fcuking believe this!

*gulp*

My friend would be more than happy! :D

That he must be, cos I paid 23.5K just 4 months back so that I get FW <= 3.55 :mad:

It got missed probably due to Asian Stock , all EU and US stocks with date had 3.6 firmware

Bought a PS3 - 320GB with Move Starter Pack Bundle and two free games : TNA Impact & Modnation Racer from Letsbuy.com for Rs.17,790 (18990 - 1200).

What else do I need to buy ?

I am not a gamer. Bought it for the blu-ray player, casual gaming and hype. ;)

So what simple games (non-violent) should I buy?

Back