Audio A Compendium of Audio Zone Reviews and Rankings: IEMs, Headphones & Sources

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
[DOUBLEPOST=1422134553][/DOUBLEPOST]Got my hands on the Astell and Kern AK120 and the JVC FX850!
JVC FX850 badly needed the mod which James from head-fi proposed; hence the scissors and the lone cut silicone...
I must say the modded JVC is in its own class! Needless to say the combo is clearly at the top of everything portable I've owned!

Last edited:
My portable Nirvana

Mi3> iBasso USB otg > iBasso d14> btg starlight mmcx > aaw a3h

Attachments

• img_20151109_151349-resized-1280.jpg
    img_20151109_151349-resized-1280.jpg
    329.2 KB · Views: 522
  • IMG_20151109_152624.jpg
    IMG_20151109_152624.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 482
An updated rating list over my old post

I would rate the IEM's i had in the following order
1) TF10
2) Fidue A73
3) RE262(With amp)
4) Brainwavz M3 / SA C12
5) RE262 (Unamped)
6) Brainwavz R1
7) Nuforce NE-7
8) Sennheiser CX-180
9) Brainwavz M1
10) Soundmagic ES-18
11) Xiaomi Piston V2.0
12) Soundmagic PL-11
13) Creative EP630

Among the headphones i owned so far
I) Sennheiser HD 598
II) V-Moda M80
III) Audio Technica ATH-M50
IV) Denon AH-D1100
V) Audio Technica AD700
VI) Koss Portapro
VIi) Grado SR80i
VIII) Cooler Master Sirus
IX) Sennheiser HD 280pro
X) Sennheiser HD 202

Sources
i)Sansa Clip + / Sansa Clip Zip
ii) Cowon S9
iii) Ipod Touch 4g
iv) Samsung Galaxy S2

Planning to get a Xduoo X2 soon.

Dacs
i) Fiio E17
ii) Nuforce Udac

Amps
iii) Fiio E11
iv) Fiio E6(amp)
v) Fiio E5(amp)

An updated rating list over my old post

I would rate the IEM's i had in the following order
8) Sennheiser CX-180
9) Brainwavz M1
10) Soundmagic ES-18
11) Xiaomi Piston V2.0
12) Soundmagic PL-11
13) Creative EP630
Planning to get cx180 from piston 2

You sure cx 180 is better than piston 2 and M1..
It is quite evident or or they all fall in the same league..

i found piston2 similar to pl11 cant say piston is better ..i mean not good as an upgrade albeit as a replacement

Personally i felt the CX180 to be much better than the Piston. Brainwavz M1 had better overall SQ than the CX180 but i found the CX180 to be more fun to listen to. I found the pistons to have a flat midrange neither forward nor recessed and i did not quiet enjoy the same.

I would put the piston ,pl-11 , ep630 in the same tier with personal preference as piston v2.0
The m1, CX180 and Nuforce NE7 in other tier with Nuforce being the best of the lot and a very fun sound signature as well.
P.S:- the suggestions are based on my memory of the time i owned these IEMs , currently i own only the Piston V2.0 amongst these lot

I bought XE800,KZ ATR,ZS3

XE800 is good but very inclined towards treble light on bass but very comfortable for my small ears. ATR is very fun V-shaped. ZS3 is very choosy, I liked it only paired with Xduoo X3, not comfy.

X3 sounds very digital. X2 is very organic.

Not an IEM guy, just using the bundled IEMs from LG G5 right now.

Budget below ₹3000.

Things I want..
In-Ear wired headphones,
Good Bass,
Crystal Clear Sound,
Better Noise cancellation,
Tangle free wires or braided wires etc etc

(Sites : Amazon.in, Flipkart.com, Headphonezone.in )

Confusion between these 3..
https://www.headphonezone.in/collections/rha/products/rha-s500-universal - ₹2999
https://www.headphonezone.in/collections/rha/products/rha-ma390-universal - ₹1999
https://www.headphonezone.in/collections/1more-headphones/products/1more-single-driver - ₹2249

Movies, TV Series and some Music on Redmi Note 4 and PC.

Need help ASAP

Any other earphones to consider??

Please do tell me..

I have a pair of Tin T2 that I bought from Aliexpress. Its cable is too long (gets difficult to manage at times) and delicate and it has started to produce crackling sounds. I am looking for MMCX Bluetooth module/cables like -

OR
Or
Or

All of the above items are never in Stock or are even more expensive than the earphones themselves. Aliexpress has these items available for reasonable price but Alas! due to current situation, no one is shipping from China. Kindly suggest any store where I can buy such item at reasonable cost.

PS - There is nothing available on HeadphoneZone either.

I wanted to buy a new pair of Gaming Headphones for my pc .. Primary use will be to play games and watch movies/series and sometimes listen to music. It should have surround sound option. I was looking at the logitech G PRO X but the price is around 14.4k (any idea if the price will drop during the prime day sale? ) .. MY BUDGET is between 4k to 15k. Wireless will also be helpful. Im really confused with so many options and how much should i spend on them .. I dont play online multiplayer that much .. can anyone recommend a good pair of headphones ...

I wanted to buy a new pair of Gaming Headphones for my pc .. Primary use will be to play games and watch movies/series and sometimes listen to music. It should have surround sound option. I was looking at the logitech G PRO X but the price is around 14.4k (any idea if the price will drop during the prime day sale? ) .. MY BUDGET is between 4k to 15k. Wireless will also be helpful. Im really confused with so many options and how much should i spend on them .. I dont play online multiplayer that much .. can anyone recommend a good pair of headphones ...
Take a look at the CM MH752. Pretty amazing for the price!

The stereo was available for 10k and the Surround for 12k. I know because I also looked at them.

Back