55 inch 4K TV ??

pradeepg

Disciple
i am interested in buying a 4k 55 inch TV and getting a lot of positive feedback form non tech friends on MI4 and TLC 4k ?? are these worth it?? if yes which one should i go for ?? i dont want to spend more than 50K , what other options do i have ?

1. Budget.
50 K

2. Viewing distance.
2.5 mtrs

3. Sources/inputs such as HD DTH/consoles/stand-alone media players etc.
Probably all if within budget.

4. Preference for plasma TV/LCD TV/LED-LCD TV.
LED-LCD

5. Preference for brands.
looking at MI and TLC because of its price

6. Willing to purchase it from the grey market?
NO

7. Ambient lighting conditions of the room.
florescent Tubelights

8. Any other feature you are looking for such as 3D support on the HDTV, DLNA capabilities etc.
Smart TV required. features may include Amazon Prime , Netflix , youtube ETC.

I have tcl p series 55 inch. highly recommended. I think only oled tvs beat it in picture quality. And I love roku. its awesome. P series comes with Dolby vision and HDR10. combine it with apple tv with dolby vision and a atomos home theatre and then xbox one x for playing 4k blurays is unbeatable combination.
My current setup is visio 5.1 soundbar with wireless subwoofer and xbox one x scorpio edition. I absolutely enjoy the 4k movies in this setup.

I have been trying to use this as a wireless display with my windows 10 laptop. but it is a little buggy and sometimes works and sometimes not. I think the problem is with roku os. but when it works, its awesome. :) if you have android phone, you should be able to use tv for watching youtube etc... by screen mirroring. I dont use youtube app to cast because it is cancer.

Reliance Reconnect series is fine at ~30k. Only caveat is that SD content is quite difficult to watch, you must take a complte HD pack.

Do not buy a Mi TV in any case. I'm using it since past 3 months and honestly not recommend anybody to go for it. Rather pay a bit more for a Vu TV that is similarly specced

What problems are you facing with MI TV?
HDMI ARC doesn't work, SPDIF Out is buggy. So audio output is almost impossible from this TV (I Use a YHT - 196).

There is no upsaling in this TV, so STB output is pathetic. The panel has a oversharpening issue and the adaptive contrast and adaptive backlighting are somewhat overdone. This is just a cheap 4k HDR10 panel with extremely bad firmware (OS). Also, you must get a media streamer as the built in android based OS is totally useless unless you want to watch indian TV shows. Also the TV can't do 4K streaming builtin.

HDMI ARC doesn't work, SPDIF Out is buggy. So audio output is almost impossible from this TV (I Use a YHT - 196).

There is no upsaling in this TV, so STB output is pathetic. The panel has a oversharpening issue and the adaptive contrast and adaptive backlighting are somewhat overdone. This is just a cheap 4k HDR10 panel with extremely bad firmware (OS). Also, you must get a media streamer as the built in android based OS is totally useless unless you want to watch indian TV shows. Also the TV can't do 4K streaming builtin.

Well I also have Mi TV and ARC works flawlessly. It must be an issue with your TV then. You should get in touch with Mi Service Center.

HD output from STB looks okay to me on this TV. I agree the OS is pathetic and it doesn't support 4k for Youtube. However I am using my Xbox One S to stream 4k content from Netflix and Youtube and it looks great. Even Amazon Prime looks great with HD streaming on Xbox. I am not able to observe over-sharpening and adaptive contrast and backlighting issue from my eyes and hence can't comment.

I have Yamaha YHT-299, ARC works without any issue. I haven`t used SPDIF but HDMI with raw data detects DTS/DD.

And yes, you need proper source to get proper 4K viewing, I run Netflix 4k/HDR from PS4 Pro, looks great ! :cool:

Well I also have Mi TV and ARC works flawlessly. It must be an issue with your TV then. You should get in touch with Mi Service Center.

HD output from STB looks okay to me on this TV. I agree the OS is pathetic and it doesn't support 4k for Youtube. However I am using my Xbox One S to stream 4k content from Netflix and Youtube and it looks great. Even Amazon Prime looks great with HD streaming on Xbox. I am not able to observe over-sharpening and adaptive contrast and backlighting issue from my eyes and hence can't comment.

I have Yamaha YHT-299, ARC works without any issue. I haven`t used SPDIF but HDMI with raw data detects DTS/DD.

And yes, you need proper source to get proper 4K viewing, I run Netflix 4k/HDR from PS4 Pro, looks great ! :cool:

I indeed use a proper 4K source, either from my PC or from the Mi Tv Box 3. 4K streams or 4K BD Rips. HDMI ARC Raw Data has major audio sync issues. Even HDMi ARC PCM has sync issues. The OS and the media processing on this TV is pathetic. I'm assuming you guys haven't actually used a Vu 4K TV for comparison. Trust me, they do it much better. For the lower price range Vu is a more quality product than Xiaomi.

Back