Audio 5.1 speaker set

I need to buy new 5.1 speakers. budget of about 15-20000. I used to have Z5500. I have Edifier S550 in mind but dont know where I can buy it. I am in delhi for next couple of weeks. ican someone suggest speakers similar to Z5000 or S550.

Thanks

Z5500 is not available now.
Z906 is available now and has comparable SQ. Check Flipkart & Amazon it was for 22k when I checked last.
I have compared Z906 and Z5500. my friend had it. I dont like that one much.

Can someone tell me, where I can find Edifier S550 in Delhi?

First check whether your Graphics card is capable of Dolby True HD and DTS HD passthrough. I'm assuming you are planning to watch 6 channel High Res movies from PC now on.

First check whether your Graphics card is capable of Dolby True HD and DTS HD passthrough. I'm assuming you are planning to watch 6 channel High Res movies from PC now on.
I have EVGA GTX 680 in SLI and Asus D2/PM sound card.
Edit- I have I7 3770K, Asus P8Z77-V pro motherboard and 16gb 2166Mhz RAM.

Check around in Forums whether it supports High Res Audio. Specs on Site can be misleading. My GTX 570 doesnt output High Res Audio. Weird.

You don't really need a sound card if you are going to connect an AVR. The idea is to just passthrough Audio/Video via HDMI to AVR from PC and let the AVR do it's thing.

Check out Assassin's HTPC guide for complete setup.

As far as your budget goes -

40-50K will fetch you Denon + BA or if you can get Pioneer AJ Speakers. These are not my final recommendations just a start, you can be really spoilt for choice.
http://www.hifimart.com/ is a good place to start for Package deals and general pricing info.

Check around in Forums whether it supports High Res Audio. Specs on Site can be misleading. My GTX 570 doesnt output High Res Audio. Weird.

You don't really need a sound card if you are going to connect an AVR. The idea is to just passthrough Audio/Video via HDMI to AVR from PC and let the AVR do it's thing.

Check out Assassin's HTPC guide for complete setup.

As far as your budget goes -

40-50K will fetch you Denon + BA or if you can get Pioneer AJ Speakers. These are not my final recommendations just a start, you can be really spoilt for choice.
http://www.hifimart.com/ is a good place to start for Package deals and general pricing info.
Do you have any recommendations from Hifimart for a combo under 50k. I didnt see any yamaha av on their website. I will go to the shop on thursday or friday.
Do you know any good shops in Delhi as well? It will be easier for me to buy from there. I dont want to check-in speakers and AV in the flight to delhi.

What would be the content?
What would be your sources? Network Connectivity?
What is the room size?

I am using a Yamaha RX-v375 70W/channel with Wharfedale Diamonds which is decent for my room. You may want to get into the 6xx range depending on speakers and room size.
I would suggest heading over to Hifivision forums for research & contacts. I think after research you'll want to increase your budget and get into Medium range Hifi because 50k will get you high end Entry level setup.

Check Soundandvision & What hifi India too for any help eliminating. Trust your ears; take some Blu Rays and CDs to audition.

I had Yamaha 375 in mind. Haven't decided on speakers yet. I have plenty of Blu-ray movies that I bought and 1:1 copies of Blu-ray and Blu-ray rips as well. Don't know the size of the room. I will use powerdvd to play all the movies from my computer

Hijack alert...
Even I'm looking for one but my budget is slightly higher... upto 60k (Incl receiver)
I was planning to get the Jamo A101 HCS... (Mainly due to the wall mount sub)

Couldn't find one... and can anybody suggest alternative or available location for the same.?

I had Yamaha 375 in mind. Haven't decided on speakers yet. I have plenty of Blu-ray movies that I bought and 1:1 copies of Blu-ray and Blu-ray rips as well. Don't know the size of the room. I will use powerdvd to play all the movies from my computer

Vx375 is a old model, buy Vx577 or Vx677 if you're inclined to Yamaha.
VX477 is OK but 4k pass through is only 30fps [emoji79]
VX477 is VFM & the best at the moment if 4k video isn't required. I have VX477 with Wharfedale Diamond 9.5 the best pairing I've seen between AVR and Tower speakers.

If looking for Denon go for S500BT, it's 5.2 and better 4k pass through. You can add a better Sub for movie watching and it's awesome. Denon somehow wasn't effective with Diamond 9.5, instead I'd prefer Polk RTI a5 or Tsi 440x with them. Onkyo Nr636 is a good choice too, best VFM , Max features list, but go with Polk speakers.

IMHO don't opt for wall mounted Sub, it isn't effective. Sub is most integral component of movie watching, don't compromise on that.

I bought Pioneer AJ-5235XT speakers. Any suggestions for an amplifier. Right now I am thinking about Pioneer VSX-824K. Is that good enough? Any suggestions in 35k price range.

Back