Audio 5.1 Sound System for PC under 6k ?

iosoft

PC enthusiast since MS DOS 5
Skilled
Dear Friends,

Please suggest me a the BEST 5.1 Sound System for PC.

BUDGET: 5500 to 6000 ish

My requirement: Gaming in PC (My motherboard audio supports 5.1 channel)

My wife's requirement:
  • She wants to connect the Mobile directly and listen to the music without starting the PC.
  • FM is optional.

Pls suggest.

logitech z506 is a good option in your budget. you could connect the mobile via a stereo-RCA cable to the speakers i presume. check the ports.

Logitech Z506 is the best 5.1 upgrade you can get for this price range. Compared to some other costly 5.1's I've heard, this is way better. Hook it up with a good sound card and voila, it'll be the best audio experience in a room.

Any way to connect z506 with TV and get true 5.1 output without AVR/HTPC?
Edit: Without using costly (>1k) converter. Whole concept is to get cheap 5.1 output.

I'm sorry for asking this here, but I have the Retina MacBook Pro, and I'm thinking of buying the Logitech Z506 speakers. Is there any way I could get true 5.1 surround sound? I could buy an external sound card as long as it's not too expensive ... :)

Any soundcard having the physical output for 6channels (5.1) can help you get surround, but the experience with avr+speakers would be no match. The Logitech z506 is considered one of the best 5.1 speakers for the price. And most importantly you should have 5.1 content as well say, movies in aac 5.1, dolby ac3 5.1, dts 5.1 with onboard decoding for such formats. Recommend pot player for such formats.

Then you will not be able to watch movies and get true surround sound. So i you dont have content or if your hdd does not have any content in 5.1 format. Then getting true surround is not possible.

To get true surround sound from speakers i.e 5.1, you need a source i.e movies which are in 5.1 format. Do a google search on true surround sound. You should be able to get a fair idea.

Go with the Z506.

Logitech Z506 is the best 5.1 upgrade you can get for this price range. Compared to some other costly 5.1's I've heard, this is way better. Hook it up with a good sound card and voila, it'll be the best audio experience in a room.

Is it better than the range from philips priced between 5-7k

For a little more i guess the edifier da 5000 pro makes complete sense as it has a separate tweeter and mid range woofer resulting in better separation of sound. My pick would be it. Plus add a sound card another 5k. Total would come to around 15-16k

Back