4K Gaming Monitor

ajackson

Disciple
Hi,

Looking for 4K gaming monitor recommendations for gaming on the PlayStation 4 Pro. I can also consider a TV if the pricing is within a sane budget.

Primary usage will be gaming on the PlayStation 4 Pro, and light media consumption like movies and YouTube videos.

Thanks.

Hi,

I already have a 4K TV in Xiaomi, but it is just average for gaming.

By sane budget, I meant under 50K for the monitor, and under 1 lakh for the TV.

Hi,

I already have a 4K TV in Xiaomi, but it is just average for gaming.

By sane budget, I meant under 50K for the monitor, and under 1 lakh for the TV.
I too have a Xiaomi Mi TV 4 and a 4k monitor (LG 27UD68). Quite obviously gaming on this TV is pathetic. Really really pathetic. What I can suggest you is selling off the TV (it'd go at good prices considering the hype and demand for this TV) and getting a Vu or TCL 4K HDR TV. And if budget isn't a constraint, then better go for a similarly specced LG or Samsung TV. They most definitely will be better in console gaming. They have much better gaming capability. A monitor won't do justice for the PS4 Pro since finding a 4k HDR monitor is going to be a super expensive affair.

I too have a Xiaomi Mi TV 4 and a 4k monitor (LG 27UD68). Quite obviously gaming on this TV is pathetic. Really really pathetic. What I can suggest you is selling off the TV (it'd go at good prices considering the hype and demand for this TV) and getting a Vu or TCL 4K HDR TV. And if budget isn't a constraint, then better go for a similarly specced LG or Samsung TV. They most definitely will be better in console gaming. They have much better gaming capability. A monitor won't do justice for the PS4 Pro since finding a 4k HDR monitor is going to be a super expensive affair.
The TV is fine for media consumption, mostly Netflix and Prime Video. A serious upgrade is an OLED at around 1.5 lakhs and more, the LG C7 is the bare minimum. The mainstay LEDs at 2 to 3 times the budget aren't much of an upgrade over it considering the price differential, so I am happy to let it be for general media consumption.

Coming to the gaming, I'm considering the 4K TN panels on Amazon, hovering around the 30K mark, perhaps a good Prime Day deal.

And if you're looking to let go of your LG, do give me a heads up.

The TV is fine for media consumption, mostly Netflix and Prime Video. A serious upgrade is an OLED at around 1.5 lakhs and more, the LG C7 is the bare minimum. The mainstay LEDs at 2 to 3 times the budget aren't much of an upgrade over it considering the price differential, so I am happy to let it be for general media consumption.

Coming to the gaming, I'm considering the 4K TN panels on Amazon, hovering around the 30K mark, perhaps a good Prime Day deal.

And if you're looking to let go of your LG, do give me a heads up.
Sure. I am in fact looking for a 1440P 144Hz monitor to replace my LG. I'll let you know once I take the plunge.

Back