Audio 2.0 speakers comparable to 2.1 Logitech Z623

Mackie CR4BT is 12k, right ? Anything else which you were contemplating but didnt end up going for ? How did you decide between Mackie and Logitech (Z623/625), let's say ? Space alone ? What's your use case? How will you get back the bass that Logitech offers ?

Sorry for the many questions, just that this is what I have been grappling with for the last few days!

Mackie CR4BT is 12k, right ?

Yup, it's about 12k on Amazon. Not sure where to get it offline and honestly don't have the time to go anywhere either.

Anything else which you were contemplating but didnt end up going for ?

I briefly considered the Swans and Creative Gigaworks T40 someone else had mentioned here I think. But the Swans seemed a bit bulky. And ugly. The Gigaworks were too expensive for me. So opted for the Mackies. Also these have Bluetooth, which was a good-to-have feature for me. Would have loved to get the Audioengine A2+ since I've heard a lot of good things about them but they are just way beyond my budget. I believe if you can source them from abroad, they are much, much cheaper and hence good value for money.

How did you decide between Mackie and Logitech (Z623/625), let's say ? Space alone ? !

Already have the Z623 and it's taking up a lot of space like I said plus age is causing speaker whine and static. So wanted something with better quality. Hopefully studio monitors do the trick.

What's your use case?

My usage is in my room, which is quite small and mainly for watching movies/shows with occasional gaming thrown in.

How will you get back the bass that Logitech offers ?

As for bass, I guess I'll just have to get used to a less bassy and more 'normal'(?) sound. As it is I've set the bass quite low on my current Z623s. And from all I've read the Mackies seem to offer decent bass though. As long as it isn't completely bass-less I'm cool.

Sorry for the many questions, just that this is what I have been grappling with for the last few days!

No problem about the questions man. But I am no audiophile, in fact I'm a complete noob when it comes to speakers and that kind of stuff. So take all of what I say as a one-off thing only applicable to me and not something universal. The other member who was responding (thekyto) seems to know more, you could try messaging them for help. S/he seemed very helpful and knowledgeable.

Yup, it's about 12k on Amazon. Not sure where to get it offline and honestly don't have the time to go anywhere either.

I briefly considered the Swans and Creative Gigaworks T40 someone else had mentioned here I think. But the Swans seemed a bit bulky. And ugly. The Gigaworks were too expensive for me. So opted for the Mackies. Also these have Bluetooth, which was a good-to-have feature for me. Would have loved to get the Audioengine A2+ since I've heard a lot of good things about them but they are just way beyond my budget. I believe if you can source them from abroad, they are much, much cheaper and hence good value for money.

Already have the Z623 and it's taking up a lot of space like I said plus age is causing speaker whine and static. So wanted something with better quality. Hopefully studio monitors do the trick.

My usage is in my room, which is quite small and mainly for watching movies/shows with occasional gaming thrown in.

As for bass, I guess I'll just have to get used to a less bassy and more 'normal'(?) sound. As it is I've set the bass quite low on my current Z623s. And from all I've read the Mackies seem to offer decent bass though. As long as it isn't completely bass-less I'm cool.

No problem about the questions man. But I am no audiophile, in fact I'm a complete noob when it comes to speakers and that kind of stuff. So take all of what I say as a one-off thing only applicable to me and not something universal. The other member who was responding (thekyto) seems to know more, you could try messaging them for help. S/he seemed very helpful and knowledgeable.

That's a super job of responding, much appreciated!

I have pretty much the same use case, so your views are the most relevant in this thread. And I am no audiophile myself (very little interest / time spent in listening to music). So my concern is just "loudness" (for parties) and "bass" (for parties), if I get monitors over Logitech Z623. You can get them offline on bajaao.com I suppose ?

So the only thing left for me to do is to wait for you to buy yours and await the feedback! Perfect ! :D

That's a super job of responding, much appreciated!

Haha. Thanks. And you're welcome. :D

my concern is just "loudness" (for parties) and "bass" (for parties), if I get monitors over Logitech Z623.

If your concern is loudness for parties then the Z623s might fall a bit short of expectation. I have used them for parties and for an apartment-sized house party, they are ok. Anything larger, you'll need something substantially louder. Bass is decent for me but if you like that really Punjabi style base then nope. Also if you're looking for extreme bass then monitors are probably not your best bet. I suggest googling for speakers with good bass. Am sure you can find something good within your 15k budget.

You can get them offline on bajaao.com I suppose ?

That's still online dude.... :D Also the Mackie CR4BTs cost the same on both Bajaao and Amazon.

So the only thing left for me to do is to wait for you to buy yours and await the feedback! Perfect ! :D

You're gonna be waiting a while. I don't think I'll be buying before May. And that's also a very big maybe. Sorry but end of financial year and all. :D

What did you end up getting ? Any recommendations at 15k or above price point for loud, bassy speakers for gaming and movies (not into pure music)

If you are still looking, check out HIVI Swans D1080IV-B and D1080MKII+ Both models were launched very recently. Great performance and excellent VFM IMHO.

Audioengine A2+ is a very good speaker but they have no official distribution channels in our country.

If you are still looking, check out HIVI Swans D1080IV-B and D1080MKII+ Both models were launched very recently. Great performance and excellent VFM IMHO.

Audioengine A2+ is a very good speaker but they have no official distribution channels in our country.

Thanks for your response! I am yet to buy the speakers so technically, you could say I am still looking. However, I have more or less decided on the Mackie CR4 BT. Would be interested in your take on them, if you don't mind.

Thanks for your response! I am yet to buy the speakers so technically, you could say I am still looking. However, I have more or less decided on the Mackie CR4 BT. Would be interested in your take on them, if you don't mind.

Try to listen to both and go for the one that you like better. I know this is easier said than done in our age of Amazon and Flipkart shopping, but it's not impossible if you're willing to go the extra mile.

Agreed with the Swan recommendations. I like them (on paper). Thinking of considering the Swan M50w because of the sub-woofer. Any views ?

Back