1 USD = 72+ Indian Rupee #AccheDin

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
ApAx7zn.jpg

LID3MKO.jpg

rupees falling everyday, media failing to capture sentiments of common people.
This deserved to be discussed here, what you think when this trend end ?

will we ever see INR gain its value back and go in 62-64 ?

Already made a thread on this months back. Nothing's going to happen. India is a currency manipulator even worse than China. That money is falling to bring in cash for Infosys and other IT companies here. Just imagine some idiot in govt said to see rates of 75+ in coming months. Hell, I think they will make it 100 like Japan and sit tight there. No limits to greed here.
It's like cutting off the entire body for making a toe nail grow.

https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/why-rbi-not-shoring-up-the-rupee.187557/

Already made a thread on this months back. Nothing's going to happen. India is a currency manipulator even worse than China. That money is falling to bring in cash for Infosys and other IT companies here. Just imagine some idiot in govt said to see rates of 75+ in coming months. Hell, I think they will make it 100 like Japan and sit tight there. No limits to greed here.
It's like cutting off the entire body for making a toe nail grow.

https://www.techenclave.com/community/threads/why-rbi-not-shoring-up-the-rupee.187557/
sorry i haven't seen that thread , possible to merge both ?

it's very sad to know.
I am delaying few tuition fees, waiting for the dollar rate to come down :(

can you explain further? Are you paying for tution in usa or india?
in usa, nothing related to India. Plus few membership/subscription like bcg, hbr, etc all i need to pay in USD. keep delaying it since 3-4 months.

India, post 2003-2004 , is just a country of frauds when it comes to education/ knowledge, one pay money and buy certificates to be part of the circle jerk.
Bumping the number of IIT wont increase the "quality" rather which are producing 93% educated donkeys which are not even remotely employable.

Good for NRIs. They all seem to love Modi anyway...

/s
if they came back India and have still money in US, this will indeed give them certain benefit. but in other way around it would be one of the most idiotic move if they do so. ( more taxes then the profit they make).
Also, market will may crash soon (probably an incoming FIR against Modi, Ambani in rafeal scam).
Govt seeks immunity for new IL & FS bards today :p :p

And here is the new low, gained slight after petrol cost were reduced upto 5/- in some BJP ruled states.
gLqFh5J.jpg

Last edited:
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...rade-finds-sbi-study/articleshow/66262927.cms

Rupee depreciation double whammy for trade, finds SBI study
2 minutes

NEW DELHI: A research report by India's largest bank SBINSE -3.39 % Wednesday said the rupee depreciation has neither helped in improving exports nor in slowing imports, leading to an incremental trade deficit of USD 4 billion in the first half of the current fiscal.

Based on an analysis of both export and import intensive industries during April-September 2018, SBI's report 'Ecowrap' concluded that rupee depreciation has not helped exports as is widely believed.

"In effect, this means we are having a situation of declining exports and increasing imports. We estimate that the net incremental impact on trade deficit is USD 4 billion.

"Thus the common refrain that rupee depreciation will lead to export increase and import decline stands challenged," it said.

India's exports entered the negative zone after five months, contracting 2.15 per cent in September to USD 27.95 billion due to dip in shipments in key sectors, including engineering and gems and jewellery, even though trade deficit narrowed to a five-month low.

Imports in September grew by 10.45 per cent to USD 41.9 billion, according to the commerce ministry data released Monday.

The report further said month wise External Commercial Borrowing (ECB) data suggests, during March 2018 to August 2018, industries like petroleum, NBFCs, power, telecommunication and automobile are heavily borrowing through automatic route and aggregately contributing more than 71 per cent of total borrowing.

"So, any depreciation in rupee will have significant impact on their bottom line if the corporates have not adequately naturalised their risk through hedging," said Ecowrap.

Man the markets are dull already.
Immediate future looks scary.

Also be prepared for the inflation to go higher, elections are coming, all businesses will hike prices to make up for the election donations.

The entire world is likely headed for another 2008 like recession or something much worse. India is not an exception, just likely to be far worse of than other counties. Nothing at hand to weather the storm that is brewing.

Many small sized businesses already folded during demonetization. Business like manual Cashew processing which used to come to India is now going to other countries due to increased costs from affect of taxation changes.

Banking and NBFC's are in bad shape. Regardless of stock indexes, a big chunk of the small and mid cap companies have their stock values at rock bottom and still falling. Even large cap are in bad shape due to various reasons. Fuel prices at their worst and expected to get even more worse in November once the Iran sanctions begin. Prices could surge drastically due to shortages or even reach a stage where demand can no longer be met. This would have direct impact on prices of every thing.

The IT services sector which should bloom due to rupee devaluation is not faring well due to news of H1B and other changes. The IT job market in India is getting flooded by Indians returning to India due to H1B rejections. A colleague of mine was telling about some relatives of theirs. The girl has a H1B and the guy was working on H4. The girls H1B extension got rejected, so both lost their jobs and they were given 10 days notice to leave US. Due to the flooding of the job market, the salaries are also apparently going down drastically. Another colleague was telling me that IT services companies like TCS are offering packages of not more than 14-15 lac for somebody with 15-18 years of experience.

The economical situation of the subcontinent is quite threatening as far as I know. I think the main cause of this drawback in economy is due to the terrorism in this region. Investors are reluctant to put their money here. Do you people agree with me?

The economical situation of the subcontinent is quite threatening as far as I know. I think the main cause of this drawback in economy is due to the terrorism in this region. Investors are reluctant to put their money here. Do you people agree with me?
No

Good for NRIs. They all seem to love Modi anyway...
As an NRI, I would never want to convert USD to INR for investment purposes. its a bad idea.

The entire world is likely headed for another 2008 like recession or something much worse.
The market was overvalued and then trump tariffs and then fed interest rate hikes. first quarter of 2019 would be decisive. but, it seems indian fell due to liquidity problems which probably are a result of govt policies. but yeah, when US market falls, there will be a ripple effect in all the other markets.

Back