PC Peripherals 1 KVA UPS ... APC or Alternative?

Ramadhir Singh

Wasseypur
Adept
Using APC since their availability in India.

Last year when my BACK-UPS RS 800 broke and took almost 6 weeks to get it repaired only after sending escalation email to APC HQ. After APC acquisition by Schneider they are least bothered about domestic consumer & after sale service went down to gutter.

Fast forward exact 12months, Mid-November 2016, USP broke again, with a small blast and smoke, while only router & external storage media was connected. Called APC for service a week back, yet to send engineer for visit after following up twice.

When i called them this time they were insisting to to upgrade to newer model by paying 4,200/- .
They will take old ups + 4200/- and give me new model BE-800. This model http://www.amazon.in/APC-BE800-IND-APC-BE800-UPS/dp/B00FIYQHQO/
Technically for my old UPS with 12month old battery they will give me Rs.199/- discount, what a great deal they offered me.

I'm finally making my mind to get myself a new UPS, 1KVA preferred, as i cant wait for a month long.
unable to decide which one to buy, Should i go for APC again or some other brand? Please suggest.

shorted out few models such as
http://www.amazon.in/APC-UPS-Model-BR1000G-Battery/dp/B0038ZTZ3W
http://www.amazon.in/APC-BACK-UPS-1100VA-MODEL/dp/B01ELNPG2I/
I am highly doubtful on their after sales by shitty schneider.

Anyways, back to topic. want to get a 1kva UPS please suggest which one to go for.

EDIT:- link to my last experience with them https://www.techenclave.com/communi...-visiting-charges-for-apc-ups-service.176443/

Searching Microtech , doesn't seems to be available online.

Last edited:
Get the Pro ups - APC UPS Model: BR1000G-IN 1 KVA Battery Backup
Some new seller is selling for 6.5k vs ~8k for all other sellers.

The only reason I mentioned APC is I've seen a lot of threads opened here about Luminous or Microtek or other UPS brands saying they don't take the full load of the pc and shut down. Only APC seems to take full + a bit of overload properly.

Battery shorting out could be battery defect too. Either way your only choice now seems APC only.

Get the Pro ups - APC UPS Model: BR1000G-IN 1 KVA Battery Backup
Battery shorting out could be battery defect too. Either way your only choice now seems APC only.

I really wanted to, but APC service has gone down the drain. And the reviews on Amazon are also scary :|

Pathetic product. Please do not buy this one. I am saying this again that dont buy this. My unit was dead in first week itself. APC India customer service is worst. They have replaced it twice and again same problem I am facing. Instead of repairing I think service center is only giving back the faulty UPS.

this is just one, many people complaining of faulty product.
Also they will ask Rs.750/- for home visit with a voltameter, tell you the same thing which you already know, and called them for.

I bought the APC BR 1000V almost 4 years back.That time i owned a 5970 card which was heavy on power consumption.The day i bought the UPS there was a electricity cut and the UPS went Kaput(same fire and smoke).I escalated to APC and they replaced it with a brand new one in 2 days.Later on i found that the load i was putting on the ups was more than what it could take and based upon my consumption i found that BR1500 would be able to take the load.I spoke to the seller from whom i bought and he agreed to replace the 1000 one with the 1500 one by paying the difference.I have been using the 1500 one for the last 4 years and last month its battery died and i got it replaced.
I have never faced any problem with the ups til date.I am even planning to get the amc renewed for the unit itself.So my personal experience with APC has been nothing less than superb.The unit can take full load without any issues.Moreover the best part is that nowadays due to maintenance and all the power cuts are very frequent(I mean in a matter of minutes the power will be restored and then will be gone in another 1 minute)So all that switching from ups to mains and then main to ups happens too often but the unit never disappointed me.At times in a span of 2 minutes it will switch from main to backup and vice versa 4-5 times and the UPS handles it effortlessly.So my recommendation is go for the 1000v. Another point worth mentioning is that i ONLY use my System on that backup.Not even speakers.Max i might connect the router to it.
I bought the 1500va For around 11k and the 1000va was for around 8 k.
I hope that helps

Thanks @dilpreet ,
Looks like APC is my only option, I am going with APC 1KVA. Will see the after-sales would be good.
While going with APC i can use my existing battery of RS800 as external battery as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1480836694][/DOUBLEPOST]
Some new seller is selling for 6.5k vs ~8k for all other sellers.

Problem with both new seller tried to order, they are not ready to accept orders. contacted amazon care, they are saying problem with sellers .

EDIT: new seller are fake, total 10+ new seller in that listing, non of them are accepting delivery . They listed product just for advertisement.

Last edited:
There's this another model I saw on FlipKart: APC Back BX1000UXI UPS
Apparently a tubular battery can be used with this.

Edit: The unit does not have battery inside. It requires smf or tubular battery to work.

Last edited:
Bro Make sure that you register it immediately once you get it or alternatively call the APC support and ask them to register and also confirm the warranty .It should be 2 years as far as my knowledge goes

thanks for reminding, definitely i will register once i receive the unit.

Also wondering, has anyone tried with the external battery (the input socket for 1000G seems to be same as out plug of 800)
but 1000G has 9mAh battery where as BR-800 7mAh.

Was planing to use the battery pack of 800 as external battery .. don't know if its compatible .

I have suffered a lot with APC for BR1000G UPS.. I had ordered for battery replacement since my original batteries died in Dec 2015 and i got replaced by 7ah batteries and wrong RBC type instead of 9ah and i had to struggle 5 months with them to get proper replacement and even after that replacement it gives me just 1 min backup!!!!

My original battery used to give around 30 mins for video or web browsing and 6 mins for gaming. Original battery lasted for 2.6-2.8 years i guess - and became out of warranty

I just gave up after that!!! APC Schneider is pathetic when it comes to after sales service..

Hopefully nothing happens to your UPS...

! APC Schneider is pathetic when it comes to after sales service..
i have gone through similar phase last year, but what to do we don't have any other option :(
About providing 1-minute backup , based on my experience it seems this is result of faulty mainboard of UPS it need repair.

update on my BR-800, Schneider refuse to repair it, they killed this model long back & saying it had to send to Mumbai and the cost will be too much and will be more than new ups, so just dispose the ups :) now i am left with 2 almost new 12v/7mah battery.

I got the batteries replaced last month.
I called the support and they asked someone from the sales team to get back to me and sent me the quotation
I asked for a replacement to be done by their technician without paying anything and they agreed
After 7 days the battery got replaced.The original one lasted me close to 4 years.
So far it has been working fine without issues
I have see the issue like the ones you faced if you get the replacement done from authorized seller and not directly from APC.
It seems that you got it replaced from APC directly but stil you faced problems.Sad to hear that .

I had called APC Customer support team but they sent a team from 'Zigma Technologies' and they replaced the battery and i had to fight with 'Zigma Technologies' for close to 20-25 days to get the replacement bill (since it was out of warranty had to get new ones) then i fought with APC team for around 4-5 months for correct replacement for that battery and above that they took my UPS to check any fault in the circuit and board.
They said the UPS is fine and the circuit and board is proper and after getting proper battery replacement waallah i got ooping 1 min backup!!!

I think after seeing this post i will call them again since batteries is still in warranty... Thank you for this post for waking me up!!! Will not give up...

I think thats where you got ripped off that APC referred you to a 3rd party Authorised seller.
In my case they gave me both the options
I chose to opt for the APC because i knew that the quote for the replacement and all with be from APC rather than authorized seller.
APC didnt play well here.They were supposed to give you that option as well

They never gave me that option at all.. I was thinking it was APC replacing battery until the guy gave me the form to sign after replacement..

APC is crap junk off-late. Many people having issues with the units and ASS. I sold my apc in bhangar for 200 bucks. Its Relay went bad and it was nowhere available in any major towns.

I had a BE700Y-IND earlier and the battery started dying within 1-3 minutes 4 months after I bought it. I called up APC and they sent a service guy within a couple days who authorised the battery replacement and got the replacement with him the next day.

I bought the APC BR1500G-IN from Snapdeal in March and it was DOA. However, I called up APC and they sent a guy with a replacement UPS the day after. It's been going strong since.

The service guy in both instances was from a local store here in Bangalore who is authorised by APC. He was great though and everything went smooth. I guess the service really varies depending on the partner they send to you.

Back