Budget 71-90K PC build help- Budget 70-80K without GPU

1. What is your budget?
    • 70000-80000
  2. What is your existing hardware configuration (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor - QHD Moniter (2560x1440)
  3. Which hardware will you be keeping (component name - component brand and model)
    • Monitor, keyboard, mouse
  4. Which hardware component are you looking to buy (component name). If you have already decided on a configuration then please mention the (component brand and model) as well, this will help us in fine tuning your requirement.
    • CPU - Ryzen 5 7600
    • Motherboard - MSI b650 gaming plus wifi
    • GPU - will be getting a used one later. Please let me know any good reseller/user for this purpose in this forum.
    • PSU - Deepcool PX850G PCIE5 / MSI MPG A850G PCIE5 . need advice on this
    • RAM - G.SKILL Flare X5 Series (AMD Expo) 32GB (2x16GB) DDR5 6000 Mhz CL30
    • Case - Unsure, but finalized deepcool CG560 or lianli 215. need advice on this.
    • SSD - WD SN580 1TB
  5. Is this going to be your final configuration or you would be adding/upgrading a component in near future. If yes then please mention when and which component
    • yes, I wont upgrade for the next 7-8 years atleast.
  6. Where will you buy this hardware? (Online/City/TE Dealer)
    • Local shop custom pc builder / Chennai location.
  7. What is your intended use for this PC/hardware
    • Gaming
    • Movies
    • programming
  8. Do you have any brand preference or dislike? Please name them and the reason for your preference/dislike.
    • Nothing specific, open to any brand as long as they are good and have good aftersales support in india.
  9. If you will be playing games then which type of games will you be playing?
    • Single player games mostly(RDR2, GTA6 , cyberpunk, horizon FW, NFS,ARK..)
  10. What is your preferred monitor resolution for gaming and normal usage
    1. Gaming - 1440x2560p
    2. Desktop - 1440x2560p
  11. Are you looking to overclock?
    • NO.

I am not sure a 6T/12C CPU will be good enough for 8 years. You may have to upgrade the CPU sooner than you like. Also what GPU are you aiming for?
I think 7600 will be good enough for next 7 years for my usage.
Gpu - looking at getting a used 3080ti. You know any reputed sellers here?

7600 is an excellent product. 7800x3D is just a more future proof product.
I'm in the same boat and I've settled on the 7600/7600X as well. Perfectly adequate for gaming and any extra money goes to the GPU or better RAM. Upgrade the CPU next when AM5 is EOL.

On an unrelated note, are SLC/MLC SSDs still available or is everything TLC/QLC nowadays?

I am not sure a 6T/12C CPU will be good enough for 8 years. You may have to upgrade the CPU sooner than you like. Also what GPU are you aiming for?
IPC > core/thread count. For example, the 5800X, an 8C/16T part, is either matched or exceeded by the 7600 in every single multi-threaded workload/benchmark, while having significantly faster single-threaded performance.

Edit: Although 8 years is a long time. If you just care about 60 fps gaming, then you might be alright. I'd say it will easily do 5-6 years until AM5 is EOL, at which point you should be able to easily swap in an upgrade from the last AM5 generation.

IPC > core/thread count. For example, the 5800X, an 8C/16T part, is either matched or exceeded by the 7600 in every single multi-threaded workload/benchmark, while having significantly faster single-threaded performance.
True. But I never meant for them to buy an older CPU with higher threads. If I was looking to build a PC today which would be used for 8 years, I would pick more than the reasonable minimum of 6 cores.
Although 8 years is a long time

Exactly. We all thought 8GB VRAM wouldn't matter much but it just takes one generation of consoles to have more and games developers will stop optimizing for anything lower. However, I would also prefer to not aim for 8 years and instead upgrade the CPU in 5 years.

I think 7600 will be good enough for next 7 years for my usage.
That's not something we can be confident about.
When the RTX 30 series first released, no one was seriously worried about the 8GB VRAM on most of the cards. But the sentiment was the opposite by the time the 40 series was released. Things can change quickly.

That's not something we can be confident about.
When the RTX 30 series first released, no one was seriously worried about the 8GB VRAM on most of the cards. But the sentiment was the opposite by the time the 40 series was released. Things can change quickly.
True but CPUs don't get obsolete as quickly as GPUs can. CPU advances are primarily in power efficiency these days but hopefully by the time the platform is EOL there will be decent uplift in performance as well.

True but CPUs don't get obsolete as quickly as GPUs can. CPU advances are primarily in power efficiency these days but hopefully by the time the platform is EOL there will be decent uplift in performance as well.
At that time , hopefully 7800x3d price becomes as low as 7600 is now .

Back