Need some info regarding website development

kartikoli

Skilled
I want to build a website to offer few services but don't know where to start and what will be the initial and running cost. The website will offer email verification, Email Generation, List enrichment and lookup services. So basically a website + database to store the data that will be accessed by the users on website + Database/Servers for email verification. I've contacted a local guy and he asked bunch of questions Like which language will I use PHP? .... and the size of the database, What are the fields etc....
Can anyone point me to the right direction like who should I contact, what are the precautions and things I must pay more attention. Lastly what will be the cost.
Should I contact someone on Likedin or check on Fiver etc....

==============

These are the full spectrum services we intend to offer. Of course some would only be launched at the latter stages post going live

Website Services:
  • Email Generation : enter company's domain, along with first and last name to find emails based on the patterns present in our database. We should use some kind of verifier to verify the generated emails before sending it to end user
  • Bulk email finder (Upload a CSV): enter company's domain, along with first and last name to find emails in bulk
  • Ability to search our database based on multiple parameters like website, Company Name, Email, Linkedin etc.... and pull record (Company Detail or Contact detail)
  • *Lead Enrichment* : Upload a CSV of partially filled data and we will enrich it with as many data points as possible.
  • Bulk company details: find out company details as per employee size, industry, region etc
  • Lead research on request: fill out an ICP (Buyers Persona) form and we will get back with a quote and TAT
  • *Linkedin URL search: provide profile linkedin url and find email *
  • "Verify catch all emails" (Upcoming Service, We need to build our own verifier but for now we can use any 3rd party service)
List Cleaning Tools:
  • Address splitter: split address as per street, city, state, country zipcode
  • Email format generator: enter first+last name+ company domain and generate all possible email formats
  • Dedupe list: remove duplicate entries from the list
  • Gender Identifier
  • Clean linkedin URLs/Clean domains:
  • Sales navigator Profile links to normal linkedin (Upcoming Service)
  • Combine names/ Split Names
  • Remove Extensions from company names like Inc. Corp. etc
  • US states to abbreviation and vice versa
Best would be to create an extension for google sheet so the user can do everything on its own

Linkedin Extension:
  • Display emails on the Normal/Sales Navigator page based on our database (Profile page and Search pages)
  • Ability to select multiple leads from search link and verify emails in bulk
  • These verified emails should update our existing database based on Latest details on Linkedin profile page

Here are the 2 websites that have similar services, https://getprospect.com/ and https://www.apollo.io/ The main work will be done after login so either we can see the screenshots on there website or just create a free account to have a look at the interface. We can change cosmetic or the input fields but overall the basic structure would be same. About email verification for Catchall Servers we need to use VPN and separate domains for emailing (The local guy suggested this) I am thinking to use 3rd party verifier till we develop our own.

Last edited:
I want to build a website to offer few services but don't know where to start and what will be the initial and running cost. The website will offer email verification, Email Generation, List enrichment and lookup services. So basically a website + database to store the data that will be accessed by the users on website + Database/Servers for email verification. I've contacted a local guy and he asked bunch of questions Like which language will I use PHP? .... and the size of the database, What are the fields etc....
Can anyone point me to the right direction like who should I contact, what are the precautions and things I must pay more attention. Lastly what will be the cost.
for stack, go with php which should not be an issue and you can go with a shared hosting which if bought for multiple years will cost you 11 or 12k for 4 years or so. domain name will be free for first year for such plan. rest depending on the domain, renewal every year can be ₹300 and upwards. SSL is free on self hosting version so should not be and issue.

for development it will cost you around 20K or more I suppose for a decent version of what you are expecting. can be less or more depending on final version of your SRS (Software Requirement Specification).

This is basic to the question you have asked.
What I would recommend is list out all your requirements before placing order. this will help you as well as developer to make final adjustments to the whole contract. Thus no suprises to you neither the developer.

Yeah I am listing the services also the fields that will be needed for database. This is actually cheaper than what I was expecting, Is there a security issue if shared hosting is used? The database is a collection of data that I have gathered in last 10yrs so some of the data will be pretty unique and we don't want anyone just hack them at once.
Regarding promotions I know there will be free users that will never pay for the service but those are the ones that will spread the word. what else should be done and how much will it cost

10k for hosting + 25~30k for development. I guess there will be more for email verification service so we can start with 50k budget. Should I contact some company or a developer alone can do it all.

Yeah I am listing the services also the fields that will be needed for database. This is actually cheaper than what I was expecting, Is there a security issue if shared hosting is used? The database is a collection of data that I have gathered in last 10yrs so some of the data will be pretty unique and we don't want anyone just hack them at once.
Regarding promotions I know there will be free users that will never pay for the service but those are the ones that will spread the word. what else should be done and how much will it cost

10k for hosting + 25~30k for development. I guess there will be more for email verification service so we can start with 50k budget. Should I contact some company or a developer alone can do it all.
developer / freelancer will be a better option as they will put more efforts, as they earn more compared to a company. So you get better Value for Money!
Shared hosting will not be an issue. the only issue would be if you have concurrent visitors or users. then a vps or cloud makes sense but that is costly business. start with shared hosting. lateron you can migrate to other servers without issue :)

Last edited:
developer / freelancer will be a better option as they will put more efforts, as they earn more compared to a company. So you get better Value for Money!
Shared hosting will not be an issue. the only issue would be if you have concurrent visitors or users. then a vps or cloud makes sense but that is costly business. start with shared hosting. lateron you can migrate to other servers without issue :)
Got it, Thanks for the help Bro. Now waiting for the local guy to throw me a budget.

Hi , first you make a full detailed list of things you need for your website to show. make proper plans on how it will function and what will it show the output.
It will be better for you to make a step wise page to page output. That way the developer you will contact have all the details in sequence.
For ease of use you can use php as front end and mysql as backend. You will find plenty of developers in freelancer websites.
Remember one thing what ever you set the budget as almost all developer will try to up the price after you select him/her or even while doing the first contact communication.
So keeping your goals presise and detailed will always benefit you.
The database size should't be a concern. Just make sure you make tables properly with key fields assigned so as to reduce data duplication.
For hosting you can use a VPS from Digitalocean or vultr and choose Indian server location if your target audience is in India.
In Vultr package starts as low as $2.50 /mo

Alternatively you can use wordpress and make your functions directly on its page. The development will be easier and faster and cheaper.
If you use wordpress then have some idea from the developer whether you can update it. As WordPress keep getting frequent updates and patches.

So many things to consider before making a website.

Honestly, Idk why people are suggesting such high prices for hosting.
First of all, you are not going to have a ton of traffic initially so there's no point to get top hosting, a digitalocean raw server costs $4 a month. There's free tiers on Amazon's AWS as well as Google GCP which won't cost you anything other than owning a credit card.
For the tech, I'll recommend not to use PHP as there are much more modern languages/frameworks available for server side development.
Tech stack also depends on what you're trying to build, so what I said above is more of a generic advise.

Background: I work for a Tier 1 Software Company and have done some freelance work on Upwork in the past.

Honestly, Idk why people are suggesting such high prices for hosting.
First of all, you are not going to have a ton of traffic initially so there's no point to get top hosting, a digitalocean raw server costs $4 a month. There's free tiers on Amazon's AWS as well as Google GCP which won't cost you anything other than owning a credit card.
For the tech, I'll recommend not to use PHP as there are much more modern languages/frameworks available for server side development.
Tech stack also depends on what you're trying to build, so what I said above is more of a generic advise.

Background: I work for a Tier 1 Software Company and have done some freelance work on Upwork in the past.
would you be open for some more freelance work?
:)

Sent you a DM @demon_slayer

Opening post updated with more details
Remember one thing what ever you set the budget as almost all developer will try to up the price after you select him/her or even while doing the first contact communication.
So keeping your goals presise and detailed will always benefit you.
Yes, This is the reason I want to have some info else people will simply try to take advantage. We know one of the local guy who visited with another person but I'll be fool to think that he won't try to take advantage since he know me very well.

Last edited:
Always register a domain name from a good reputed site (like namecheap etc) separately and have full control of it all the time. never go for domain with the hosting provider even if getting for free (it is free only for first year anyway).

btw are you people doing any webscraping/lead generation stuff? @kartikoli
if yes I need to connect with an experienced webscraping fellow to ask few questions regarding getting into webscraping.

Always register a domain name from a good reputed site (like namecheap etc) separately and have full control of it all the time. never go for domain with the hosting provider even if getting for free (it is free only for first year anyway).
Point taken, will make sure to buy domain from reputed site.
btw are you people doing any webscraping/lead generation stuff? @kartikoli
if yes I need to connect with an experienced webscraping fellow to ask few questions regarding getting into webscraping.
Its been 10yrs bro so I know most of the things related to LeadGen + Scrapping, though the IT guys from the company handle the internal tool that we use for scraping. I can still give few answers for scraping techniques and best practices but not the technical stuff.

P.S. I've made few recipes of my own on Octoparse that work great

Point taken, will make sure to buy domain from reputed site.

Its been 10yrs bro so I know most of the things related to LeadGen + Scrapping, though the IT guys from the company handle the internal tool that we use for scraping. I can still give few answers for scraping techniques and best practices but not the technical stuff.

P.S. I've made few recipes of my own on Octoparse that work great
forgot to mention in the previous post. cloudflare seems to be registering domains now so that would be the best choice.

will PM about some webscraping Qs later. though I'm looking at python webscraping.

will PM about some webscraping Qs later. though I'm looking at python webscraping.
Sure, Though I might not be able to answer your questions as programming is not my field. There is a an engineer from Mumbai who is working directly with my previous company dev team, I'll if someone have his number. He would be able to answer most of your questions though he is not known for helping but might do it when it comes from me. Just need to find his contact info

Back