Budget 0-20k Help me choose between these 2 laptops

stanimal22

Recruit
Hello, can you help me choose between these two laptops: Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 15IRU8 and ASUS M1605YAR-MB731W.

I will use it for web development and design

Hello, can you help me choose between these two laptops: Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 15IRU8 and ASUS M1605YAR-MB731W.

I will use it for web development and design
Honestly, you would be better off with one of the OLED Asus laptops for colour accuracy considering your use case. You might be able to get the generation or two older Vivobooks for the same price, but sacrificing a bit of processing power for the screen would be worth it.

Honestly, you would be better off with one of the OLED Asus laptops for colour accuracy considering your use case. You might be able to get the generation or two older Vivobooks for the same price, but sacrificing a bit of processing power for the screen would be worth it.
He is right, if you have an external monitor then it's a moot point if not then get one with a better screen. Also, the Ideapad you mentioned has multiple CPU options under the same model, can you tell us the exact CPU you are getting? The Ryzen one is a U series Zen 3; don't get confused with the 7000 series, it's still Zen 3, and that too with 15W TDP (U suffix). So unless I know what's exactly on the Intel side I can't comment.

If you're stuck between only these 2 options, I'd say go for the ASUS, purely because the processor's a bit better (just a bit) for non-gaming usage and the RAM's upgradable.
The Ideapad has soldered RAM and cannot be upgraded at all.
But do consider other options, since the monitor is gonna be the deciding factor, especially with your work.

Back