Dell XPS or ACER Aspire 5755G (i5-5410 processor) ??!! Pls help!

rockingnishi

Disciple
Hi Guys,

am not able to decide between the mentioned laptops..Dell XPS 15-L502X(with i5-processor) and Acer 5755G with i5 processor..the config is alomst the same..but they are separated with a huge gap in terms of cost! Please help me which one to buy!! My need is to play mid-level graphic games( Fifa,NFS,COD), Browsing, HD movies.

Thanks in Advance! :)

The gap between the two would be?
Can you give an approximation of the cost of the laptops?

PS: I am not asking for myself, just generally.

rockingnishi said:
Hi Guys,

am not able to decide between the mentioned laptops..Dell XPS 15-L502X(with i5-processor) and Acer 5755G with i5 processor..the config is alomst the same..but they are separated with a huge gap in terms of cost! Please help me which one to buy!! My need is to play mid-level graphic games( Fifa,NFS,COD), Browsing, HD movies.

Thanks in Advance! :)

Major reason of price gap is because dell charge heavy for warranty and complete cover which is the reason for price difference but trust me its worth it. and if you feel warranty is not imp for you then u can go for acer

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mjumrani said:

price difference is around 11k but there is slight difference dell come with 1 yrs complete cover and warranty. dell has esata which is missing in acer.( not a deal breaker as dont know how many use it or another use of it is power sata u can charge usb device when laptop is off.) another difference is HDD RPM speed dell comes with 7200 rpm and acer is 5400 rpm. dell comes with 6gb ram. acer is with 4fb. built quality of dell is better

Complete cover FTW. Its the best warranty there is and worth it at whatever price they ask.

Frankly if I had the option I would buy Dell XPS just because of those awesome speakers and Complete Cover.

I have an Dell XPS L501x, which cost me around 62k.

It's worth the premium price. Speakers are awesome.

I got the Full-HD screen, and movies are a treat on this. :D

I got the i7 and GT435 card, so I don't have nVidia Optimus.

But you can get Optimus in L502x, and battery life will be way better.

Also try to go for 9-cell battery if possible. :)

Dell will give you NBD(Next Business Day) Support and if the Deal Support comes to know that the issue can repeat or major issue, then they simply replace the Hardware which is the best thing, they don't take away the part repair and then give.

Hence Would recommend the same, I have been dealing with lot of Hardware in the past 12yrs and with my experience I would recommend Dell.

shahbaaz_vision said:
Dell will give you NBD(Next Business Day) Support and if the Deal Support comes to know that the issue can repeat or major issue, then they simply replace the Hardware which is the best thing, they don't take away the part repair and then give.

Hence Would recommend the same, I have been dealing with lot of Hardware in the past 12yrs and with my experience I would recommend Dell.

I agree as I am using 6th dell laptop and can say not a issue at all when it comes to NBD and if you have complete cover they wont even argue simply says they will send part for replacement

Acer Costs about 42K and the Dell about 53K(after corporate discount) otherwise 55K..

mjumrani said:
Complete cover FTW. Its the best warranty there is and worth it at whatever price they ask.

Frankly if I had the option I would buy Dell XPS just because of those awesome speakers and Complete Cover.

Yup..the speakers are awesome..which is making me to go for XPS..but i was also impressed by the cost effectiveness of the Acer! was spellbounded!

mjumrani said:

The gap will be around 9K for me..becoz dell gives me a corporate discount of 5%//

Yes sameer...i am opting for a 9 cell battery..and 6 GB ram and backlit keyboard with i5 2450M..

But i dont find an option to choose the Full HD monitor now..how were u able to get it?

rockingnishi said:
Acer Costs about 42K and the Dell about 53K(after corporate discount) otherwise 55K..

Yup..the speakers are awesome..which is making me to go for XPS..but i was also impressed by the cost effectiveness of the Acer! was spellbounded!

The gap will be around 9K for me..becoz dell gives me a corporate discount of 5%//

Yes sameer...i am opting for a 9 cell battery..and 6 GB ram and backlit keyboard with i5 2450M..

But i dont find an option to choose the Full HD monitor now..how were u able to get it?

well i bought it. at that time there was a option of FHD

I have an L502x... Compared to the previous L501x, it is far better for me..

You wont regret it.. Just buy with FHD screen.. I regret my WLED :(

FHD screen option is not available right now, I think. Try to explore all available configs on Dell Site.

I did that for days and got a 6GB, i7, FHD combo which I further customized to Back-lit keyboard & 750 gigs of HDD.

The same config with 4GB of RAM which I tried creating from scratch, cost me 2k more. :O

There was no other difference besides RAM, which was less.

Back