Budget 31-40k Buying a Used Intel PC, Need advice on value of the components

metalsnake

Disciple
Hi Everyone,

I am buying a second hand PC locally and need your suggestions on the total estimated value for the listed products while buying. The PC has following components:

# Everything was purchased in Aug 2022 and is under warranty.

Intel 12400F
Msi Pro B660m-b
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB)
ADATA XPG GAMMIX S5 512 GB SSD
WD 1TB HDD
RTX 3050 8GB
Ant Esports ICE-300 Mesh Cabinet
DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 V2 CPU Cooler
Deepcool PF550, 550 Watt PSU

Appreciate it if members can help me out in figuring out the cost. TIA :)

Regards,
AJ

Tried to price up your components (or closest equivalent) on pcpricetracker to get a sense of what it costs for this config at new prices. 58K new. For a 2 year old rig, I think you should not pay over 40K (disclaimer - no idea if 2nd hand market agrees with my thought process!)

I hope this helps in your valuation part. And I also hope you get more/better inputs here.

By the way, what is your purpose for this pc? If it's gaming, you are better off looking at a Team Red build (Ryzen 5500 or better/RX 6600 or better). RTX 3050 is an insult on the RTX badge (my opinion!)

Edit: A budget AMD 1080p gaming build looks like this at about 51K with new parts.

Last edited:
Tried to price up your components (or closest equivalent) on pcpricetracker to get a sense of what it costs for this config at new prices. 58K new. For a 2 year old rig, I think you should not pay over 40K (disclaimer - no idea if 2nd hand market agrees with my thought process!)

I hope this helps in your valuation part. And I also hope you get more/better inputs here.

By the way, what is your purpose for this pc? If it's gaming, you are better off looking at a Team Red build (Ryzen 5500 or better/RX 6600 or better). RTX 3050 is an insult on the RTX badge (my opinion!)

Edit: A budget AMD 1080p gaming build looks like this at about 51K with new parts.
Bro you forgot to add RAM in the list.

Bro you forgot to add RAM in the list.
Knew I missed something! Thanks for pointing out.

@metalsnake - Please look at the below part list rather than my earlier comment
Corrected Intel Build - New parts priced at ~59K. Still try to target close to the 40K mark if not lower for a used rig, in my opinion.
Suggested AMD Build - New parts priced at ~52K. I still feel there is more value in an all AMD build, unless there is some pressing need for Nvidia - in which case, you should still target to go to a 3060 at minimum for an RTX card.

Last edited:
Back