Budget 0-20k Budget AIO recommendations?

sabino

Recruit
Hello all, I am building a pc with the ryzen 7 7800x3d and need a good and reliable aio cooler for it. Budget is around 10k max. Thanks

First step will be to decide on whether you want a 360 mm or 240 mm or 280 mm AIO. Don't buy a 120 mm AIO, better to just buy an air cooler.
360 mm will have 3 fans of 120 mm each. 240 mm will be 2 of those fans. Usually all our case fans are 120 mm.
280 mm will have 2 fans of 140 mm each. They will be slightly bigger than normal fans. (note : if you buy this you can not swap fans that easily, if you ever want to. Since 140 mm fans are rarer. Just something to consider. Not a big deal.)

You can decide which one you want by taking the following points in consideration : Your case dimensions, how will you mount your AIO, Aesthetics, etc...
360 mm are the most expensive so with your budget i would suggest 240 or 280 mm ones

Like the above comment said, Air coolers will cool a 7800X3D easily and with lower cost. But the reason for going water cooling is for aesthetic purposes mainly... at least for me.

Figure out what size you want, then search that size in this site, sort by cost. Check some reviews of the ones which look good to you. Almost all of them will cool the cpu pretty well.

Few popular ones are :
Lian Li Gallahad (Looks quite good)
Corsair H100 , CORSAIR iCUE H150i
NZXT Kraken X63, Kraken Z63, Kraken X73
Deepcool makes the cheapest good ones. (LD360 -> has a display at 11k, usually this feature will cost above 15k)
Deepcool Gammaxx LE520 240 mm (Good cheap AIO, maybe you can check it out.)
Cooler Master ML240R, Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML360R
Antec also makes some, but i would not suggest them. Quality is not there i feel..
Asus ROG makes some overpriced ones that are top of the line, like Ryujin II, Ryujin III

I have been using NZXT X63 280 mm for past 1.5 years for my 5900X and satisfied with it. But it is above your budget I think. I don't have any experience with other AIOs.

Last edited:
First step will be to decide on whether you want a 360 mm or 240 mm or 280 mm AIO. Don't buy a 120 mm AIO, better to just buy an air cooler.
360 mm will have 3 fans of 120 mm each. 240 mm will be 2 of those fans. Usually all our case fans are 120 mm.
280 mm will have 2 fans of 140 mm each. They will be slightly bigger than normal fans. (note : if you buy this you can not swap fans that easily, if you ever want to. Since 140 mm fans are rarer. Just something to consider. Not a big deal.)

You can decide which one you want by taking the following points in consideration : Your case dimensions, how will you mount your AIO, Aesthetics, etc...
360 mm are the most expensive so with your budget i would suggest 240 or 280 mm ones

Like the above comment said, Air coolers will cool a 7800X3D easily and with lower cost. But the reason for going water cooling is for aesthetic purposes mainly... at least for me.

Figure out what size you want, then search that size in this site, sort by cost. Check some reviews of the ones which look good to you. Almost all of them will cool the cpu pretty well.

Few popular ones are :
Lian Li Gallahad (Looks quite good)
Corsair H100 , CORSAIR iCUE H150i
NZXT Kraken X63, Kraken Z63, Kraken X73
Deepcool makes the cheapest good ones. (LD360 -> has a display at 11k, usually this feature will cost above 15k)
Deepcool Gammaxx LE520 240 mm (Good cheap AIO, maybe you can check it out.)
Cooler Master ML240R, Cooler Master MASTERLIQUID ML360R
Antec also makes some, but i would not suggest them. Quality is not there i feel..
Asus ROG makes some overpriced ones that are top of the line, like Ryujin II, Ryujin III

I have been using NZXT X63 280 mm for past 1.5 years for my 5900X and satisfied with it. But it is above your budget I think. I don't have any experience with other AIOs.
Thanks for the detailed reply. I will probably go with the nzxt kraken 280mm, even though its a bit out of budget, seems like the best option.
Arctic liquid freezer ii 280/360/420 is quite good in it's price range
Where do I get it in India?

I hope you got a good psu too for the build.
I did bro

You don't need an AIO for the 7800X3D, unless you're looking at aesthetics.
Why not get a good air cooler?
I agree, but I am going for an aesthetics build. And air cooler do look bulky and ugly. I was thinking of going for the thermalright peerless assassin, but even that isn't available for a resonable price

AK620 is a good air cooler that will be enough for 7800X3D. No need for dual 140mm tower coolers.

For AIOs, look into Gamers Nexus & Hardware Canucks reviews.

I agree, but I am going for an aesthetics build. And air cooler do look bulky and ugly. I was thinking of going for the thermalright peerless assassin, but even that isn't available for a resonable price
Mind you air coolers have very less maintenance and aios can conk off out of nowhere esp. the liquid leak. Its low but corsair has many leak issues.
You can get good rgb air coolers as well. Check Deepcool to start with.

Back