Advice needed - Laptop 75k max..

* What's your Budget? (e.g. >30K, not more than 50K etc.)
Can stretch upto 75k for a good deal

* What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (e.g. web surfing/office apps/Casual Gaming)
Desktop replacement. Would be using it for surfing, movie watching, office work, should run servers (Jboss, WCS etc) and IDEs like Eclipse, WCS RAD etc comfortably. Would not be using it much for gaming as have x360 for that.

* What size and weight considerations do you have? (e.g. Do you want a 17" desktop replacement or you want an ultraportable 12" or something in between)
17" atleast. Prefer full HD resolution and Blu Ray drive. Portability not much of an issue as have a 11" HP netbook for that(DM1z).

* Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (e.g some would prefer to stay away from Acer or Dell)
Any brand with good service support in Bangalore.

* Any other considerations? (e.g Battery life; Widescreen/non-widescreen; Glossy/Matte screen etc.)
Battery life - more the merrier (2.5 hrs min). Prefer i7 based lappie as would be using this lappie for atleast 3 yrs, so need future proofing as well.

Have looked at Dell XPS 17 so far.. Not sure about the 3D thing plus its going a bit over-budget. I don't see HP Envy 17 also listed in HP India's site. Planning to buy the lappie in a month's time or so.. Any other recommendations guys? Appreciate any help on this.. Cheers..

teja92 said:
XPS 17 is great.. The Only Option I guess..

Check for MSI GT680R and others..

Thanks buddy.. Had not seen the MSI option..

Saw this from ASUS - G73SW.. more of a gaming laptop than an all purpose one.. but suits my needs..

G73SW is superb Laptop, But I doubt you can get it for 75K..

If you can stretch to 85K, look into it..

Call MSI distributor for Stock of GT683 etc..

avi said:
XPS 17 all the way ! It has great screen & awesome speakers, it will be great watching movies on it. The Full HD screen is really good. Check out NBR forums, you will know what people are saying about screen :eek:hyeah: If you have lots of typing, then keyboard [+backlit]

I have XPS 15, you can check my review - http://www.techenclave.com/reviews-and-previews/dell-xps-l501x-180673.html

It is not good in gaming, since it has weaker graphics.

Thanks avi

XPS 17 on dell's site is listed at about 87k.. Also I don't see your particular model and even the i7 version in xps 15 does not come with Full HD screen. Otherwise your model is also well suited for me as I won't be using the lappie much for gaming.

Also saw this Vaio F series from Sony - VPCF136FG/BI with i7, Full HD screen and Blu ray drive for 70k.. Any thoughts on that one?
----------

My bad.. didn't notice the customization option for full HD screen and Blu ray drive for xps 15.. Now this looks like a good deal for about 69k..

Even I have a Dell XPS 15, really good in quality, but in your budget you can get an Asus G73 series. I am pretty sure it has better quality than Dell but not a good service like Dell. I see you don't need a good GPU so I would recommend Dell XPS 17.

junk_qwe said:
Thanks avi

XPS 17 on dell's site is listed at about 87k.. Also I don't see your particular model and even the i7 version in xps 15 does not come with Full HD screen. Otherwise your model is also well suited for me as I won't be using the lappie much for gaming.

Also saw this Vaio F series from Sony - VPCF136FG/BI with i7, Full HD screen and Blu ray drive for 70k.. Any thoughts on that one?
----------

My bad.. didn't notice the customization option for full HD screen and Blu ray drive for xps 15.. Now this looks like a good deal for about 69k..
Avoid Vaio F136. Its a 2010 model with 1st gen i7 CPU. And the full HD screen is also strictly average.

Ankur.J said:
Even I have a Dell XPS 15, really good in quality, but in your budget you can get an Asus G73 series. I am pretty sure it has better quality than Dell but not a good service like Dell. I see you don't need a good GPU so I would recommend Dell XPS 17.
babu.mohan10 said:
Avoid Vaio F136. Its a 2010 model with 1st gen i7 CPU. And the full HD screen is also strictly average.

Thanks a lot guys.. I think I will stick with XPS 15 with Full HD screen, blu ray drive and backlit keyboard.. XPS 17 is a bit out of budget..

Back