Adani group, an Evil corp?

This is why they hate Adani
Who is they?

India's first transshipment port, built by Adani Ports, just became operational.
My take on this earlier focused more on the Haifa acquisition. There was more international involvement with that one than this port

> Didn't understand the temple thing?

Rumors associated with visit to Rajarajeshwara temple, Thaliparamba. Amit Shah also visited that temple. Temple though historic with deeply mythical connections, is not that famous in other parts of state, leave alone north India. Anyways that is mere allegation (TVM airport at state capital went to Adani within 15days), apparenly Pinarayi was not in country at that time.

> ED heat on his daughter is a recent thing.

Right in time for elections, if Pinarayi felt back-stabbed when least expected, things are not at all fine.

> Kerala's finances have always been such that capex has taken a back seat.
As any south Indian state, it gave more to center, got less in return. And is promised to get proportionately less in future, due to less population.
And unless the natural environment which is already devastated is not seriously disturbed more, no big capex can be done there, not fully fault of state, but that is how it's geography is. There can be definitely efficient ones, but local politicians are not snuff enough for that. Really need pragmatic approach. So now center will take over and local state can't do anything about it.

> And this pragmatism hasn't gone unrewarded, as he got voted back in '21.

Nothing to do with his pragmatism, state's tad sane-headed approach during Covid19 (Shailaja teacher, the rockstar ?) and food-kit welfare measures to poor (and internal migrants) played well. Now he is suffering for that, he and his party's reputation is in utter shambles.

BTW:

Last edited:
There is actually no hate from Indians,
Great. Even I do not consider Rahul Gandhi an Indian.
My take on this earlier focused more on the Haifa acquisition. There was more international involvement with that one than this port
Any move towards self reliance is going to ruffle some feathers.

We currently use Colombo and Singapore (among others) for our imports/exports. Not a good arrangement when we have a conflict with China. A deep port 10 miles from international shipping corridor is a big deal.
Who is they?
We will never know. We can. however, see their tools.

There were organized protests against this port. Hard to say if they were genuine ones by affected locals or something done at the behest of more shadowy forces. Considering the nature of protests in India (and worldwide), I am more inclined towards the latter.

Last edited:
> Even I do not consider Rahul Gandhi an Indian.

That is just level of problem you have, most Indians does not consider him snuff up to the level of politics he is involved in, that is all.

> Any move towards self reliance is going to ruffle some feathers.

There will be obvious macro economic and geo political rivalry between nations.
That is not some dark force conspiring against beloved businessmen and politicians.

Utmost shooting in the foot only happened when Palk Straight was discourage from shipping routes, Sethusamudram shipping route would've been far beneficial now. Lets hope now that right people are in power, such project will workout.

Back