Budget 41-50k A laptop needed for work and entertainment

Bhaalu

Recruit
So my sister who is low on budget is looking for a laptop and she works as a teacher(workload would be light I'm assuming). Since I have been tad out of touch with laptops so I need some good options. The cheaper the better but if there is something super nice then 50k is max. If anything around 30k is good then it is more than welcome.

Imo she would be needing ms office so if that come bundled then it is fine. There would be no gaming so dedicated GPU is needed. Lightweight is preferred and although she has TV one can assume an occasional netflix night might be there too.

• What's your Budget? (Below 50k but cheaper the better)
  • What will be your primary usage for the notebook be? (PPTs, web surfing, excel, Zoom calls, anything u need at work{not coding})
  • What size and weight considerations do you have? (I feel 14' is a good middle ground, lightweight is preffered)
  • Any brand that you prefer, or any brand that you detest? (Popular ones like HP, Dell, etc would bring mental peace)
  • Any other considerations? (Good battery is a plus and welcome addition and build quality should be nice as well, MS Office bundled would be helpful)

There would be no gaming so dedicated GPU is needed.
Hmmm i am confused. Can you clarify?
You can take a look at Asus OLED series. 3000 flat cashback in pay balance on UPI payments on Amazon above 5000 rs laptop.
Note that if media consumption is beeded then buy one with speakers on front side as the bottom ones quite easily gets blocked and ruins fun. I would suggest any light weight option, too.

1)Not best but good as have good latest processor and front side speakers.@ 43490
Deal of the day: HP Laptop 15s, 12th Gen Intel Core i3-1215U, 15.6-inch (39.6 cm), FHD, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, Thin & Light, Intel UHD Graphics, Backlit KB, Dual Speakers (Win 11, MSO 2021, Silver, 1.69 kg), fq5007TU

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230506-073217559 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20230506-073217559 (1).jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hmmm i am confused. Can you clarify?
You can take a look at Asus OLED series. 3000 flat cashback in pay balance on UPI payments on Amazon above 5000 rs laptop.
Note that if media consumption is beeded then buy one with speakers on front side as the bottom ones quite easily gets blocked and ruins fun. I would suggest any light weight option, too.

1)Not best but good as have good latest processor and front side speakers.@ 43490
Deal of the day: HP Laptop 15s, 12th Gen Intel Core i3-1215U, 15.6-inch (39.6 cm), FHD, 8GB DDR4, 512GB SSD, Thin & Light, Intel UHD Graphics, Backlit KB, Dual Speakers (Win 11, MSO 2021, Silver, 1.69 kg), fq5007TU
I meant dedicated GPU is not needed. Can't edit it now. So is i3 12U a good processor in long run like won't it lag? Also would an older i5 11U would be better than it or should I stick with latest one?

As for the speakers I feel she can stick with using earphones so speakers are not that big of a priority.

I meant dedicated GPU is not needed. Can't edit it now. So is i3 12U a good processor in long run like won't it lag? Also would an older i5 11U would be better than it or should I stick with latest one?

As for the speakers I feel she can stick with using earphones so speakers are not that big of a priority.
12U will do it's job. Which i5 11U you are referring to?

I am having a blast over here with i5 1235u, I am sure 12th gen i3 will also get the job done. Also these are very efficient too, I am getting 5-6 hours screen on time on my lenovo.

You can get i5-1235u with 16gb of 3200Mhz RAM, Intel Iris XE graphics with 512gb nvme SSD and an IPS 1080p screen with 3 cell 45Wh battery, all for 52.2k at lenovo website, with coupon CUSTOMOFF.

The model name is Lenovo v14 gen3 IAP make sure to customize it.

Last edited:
Amazon sale is on and for 33000, this looks good. No backlit KB at this price range but has latest processor with power efficient 6nm tech.
Deal of the day: Acer Extensa 15 AMD Ryzen™ 3 7320U Quad-Core Processor (8 GB/256 GB SSD/Windows 11 Home/AMD Radeon Graphics/1.78 KG/Steel Gray) EX215-23 Full HD Display Laptop https://amzn.eu/d/dMY2OqF

12U will do it's job. Which i5 11U you are referring to?
Well U and H laptops come on every generation so I thought there was something in 11th gen line. So hunting towards the same.

I am having a blast over here with i5 1235u, I am sure 12th gen i3 will also get the job done. Also these are very efficient too, I am getting 5-6 hours screen on time on my lenovo.

You can get i5-1235u with 16gb of 3200Mhz RAM, Intel Iris XE graphics with 512gb nvme SSD and an IPS 1080p screen with 3 cell 45Wh battery, all for 52.2k at lenovo website, with coupon CUSTOMOFF.

The model name is Lenovo v14 gen3 IAP make sure to customize it.
Thanks I'll check it out. Although it kinda is costly but if nothing else is there then I'll go for it.

Also, on a separate note. Is giving her a tablet with keyboard attachment a good idea considering she doesn't need it for coding anyways which is where laptops are primarily different from a tab. Or should I stick with a laptop only?

Also, on a separate note. Is giving her a tablet with keyboard attachment a good idea considering she doesn't need it for coding anyways which is where laptops are primarily different from a tab. Or should I stick with a laptop only?
As you mentioned the requirement of MS office to work with Word, excel and ppt, a windows laptop would be a better and a tablet cannot be a substitute. If at all Office is not a priority, a chromebook will be a better option. It gives the feel of a laptop and will be priced around 20,000.

As you mentioned the requirement of MS office to work with Word, excel and ppt, a windows laptop would be a better and a tablet cannot be a substitute. If at all Office is not a priority, a chromebook will be a better option. It gives the feel of a laptop and will be priced around 20,000.
True that. I'll stick with a laptop then.

Back