Few years back , the average budget of mobile buyers in India used to lie between 7000 to 8000 . But now, most of the mobile phone buyers are hunting for smartphones around Rs 15,000 range.
So, If you are looking for Android smartphone within this budget then we have some suggestions for you .
1. Sony Xperia U
The Xperia U which is part of the Sony NXT series , it has sleek and stylish design and good built quality .
It comes with fast dual-core processor , nice 3.5 inch display with 480 x 854 resolution . It also includes secondary video camera for video calls , which most devices within this budget lack . The phone was launched with Android 2.3 Gingerbread but Sony has started updating the phone with Android 4.0 ICS . It also offers decent battery life .
Key Specifications -
- 1GHz Dual-core Processor with Mali-400MP GPU
- 3.5″ Display of 854×480 resolution with Sony BRAVIA engine
- 512MB RAM , 8GB internal storage
- 5MP Camera With Autofocus and LED flash , 720p Video
- VGA front camera
- Wi-Fi , HSDPA 14.4 Mbps , Bluetooth 2.1 , A-GPS
- 1320mAh battery
Only major drawback of the Xperia U is the 8GB internal storage and absense of microSD card slot . Though, one can use cloud storage or USB pendrive with an USB-OTG adapter .
But, if u intend to store lots of data like music or movies , look for other options .
The Sony Xperia U retails for around Rs 14900 .
2. HTC One V -
The HTC One V is stylish and powerful handset . It offers decent set of features like Android 4.0 ICS out of the box with HTC Sense UI , best in class 5MP camera capable of 720p video (can record images while recording video as well ) , Beats Audio , crisp 3.7″ WVGA display .
Key Specifications -
- 1GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon processor With Adreno 205 GPU
- 3.7″ WVGA S-LCD2 Display
- 4GB Internal storage expandable via microSD slot , 512MB RAM
- 5MP Camera with Auto Focus and LED flash
- Wi-Fi , HSDPA , Bluetooth 4.0 , A-GPS
- 1500mAh battery
- Single Core Processor
- No Front Camera for video chat
The One V can be bought online around Rs 16000 and even below 15k after using coupons or in homeshop18 superdeals .
3. Micromax A110 Canvas 2
If you are not brand conscious then Micromax A100 offers the best features within this budget . It is improved version of the A100 which had single core processor .
It has a huge 5 inch IPS display with WVGA resolution , 8MP camera with autofocus and LED flash , VGA front camera is also present . It is powered by 1GHz dual-core processor and carries a 2000mAh battery. It is dual-SIM capable as well. It runs Android 4.0 ICS out of the box .
There are not much cons except that it is from Micromax so after sales service may not be that good . Also the screen has low resolution for a 5 inch display .
The phone has just been announced and available for pre-orders . It is expected to cost near around Rs 12000.
4. Motorola Defy+
This is another popular smartphone in this budget . It is rugged device and comes with IP67 certification which means it is water proof and dust tight . It has scratch proof 3.7 inch display with 480×854 resolution . The processor is pretty fast , clocked at 1GHz . The battery life is also good with its 1700mAh battery .
Key Specifications -
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS
- 1GHz Cortex A8 CPU with PowerVR SGX530 GPU
- 2GB of Storage ( expandable via microSD slot upto 32GB) , 512MB RAM
- 5MP Camera with AF and LED Flash
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, HSDPA 7.2Mbps , Bluetooth 2.1 , A-GPS
- Uses old Android 2.3 Gingerbread ,No Android 4.0 ICS Update
- Only 2GB storage ( expandable via microSD card though )
- No front camera for video calls ( Users can check Defy XT if they need it )
- Video recording is supported only up to 480p
5. Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus
This is the upgraded version of the Samsung Galaxy Ace which was quite successful . It comes in similar design and slightly larger 3.65 inches screen . The processor is clocked at 1GHz but it is Cortex A5 which is not as fast as A8 on other smartphones. It has 5MP camera with LED flash . The Ace Plus comes with Android 2.3 Gingerbread but Samsung has confirmed that it will get upgrade to Android 4.1 Jelly Bean Directly .
Key Specs -
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 1GHz Cortex A5 processor with Adreno 200 GPU
- 3.65″ display with 320 x 480 resolution
- 3GB internal storage , 512MB RAM
- 5MP Camera with AF and LED flash
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, HSDPA 7.2Mbps , Bluetooth 3.0 , A-GPS
- 1300mAh battery
- Low resolution screen
- No front facing camera
- Only VGA video recording
The Samsung Galaxy Ace Plus costs around Rs 15,500 .