Sharp AH-XP18PMT split inverter AC

Got 1.5 Ton SHARP AH-AX18PMT for 45k including Installation & Stabiliser last month

Best thing i love about this AC is i can run this unit 24 x 7 and never worry about power bills. I ran for whole month in March 2014 and my april bill came just 1450 ..mind you i have 2 geysers and 46 inch Sony LED , 24x 7 running PC, wet grinder , fridge , washing machine , robot floor cleaner, dish washer, oven

Sorry for the bad quality blurry mobile pics .. my digicam cable is hidden somewhere

Never buy LG inverter, Hitachi or Daikin shit ACs ..they will totally make your life tensed and suicidal with power bills shooting upto 5000.
I had Daikin 3 star AC previously and i used to run that for only 6 hours daily maximum during summer ..and i used to get 3000 power bill. What is the use of AC .. if can run only for 6 hours? So sold it off to my friend and got this new gem to my home which gave me peace of mind and gave me strength to run AC 24 x 7.

Go for sharp ...you won't be disappointed ..and live lifestyle like Japanese with 24x 7 on AC.. not like shit indians who switch on AC only for 3hours and being tensed for power bills. This AC feels so premium in your house and no other brand can beat build quality of these sharp ACs IDU & ODU.

During Installation.. I did Nitrogen leak test in copper wiring and Vaccumed the copper wires. But my wiring came about 5metre ..so i feel little cooling is going out due to long wiring. Always remember to do wiring shortest as possible.

AC is not about chilling body to 10C ..its about comfortable chilling with peace of mind of low electricity bill.

My life roxxxxxxxxxxxxxx now .. im so happy today and proud owner of best AC i have came across from so long. ANd i pity those people who buy AC without knowing the actual use of AC ..just buying seeing ads is waste of time. Always research product thoroughly then buy.

Best thing i love about this AC is i can run this unit 24 x 7 and never worry about power bills. I ran for whole month in March 2014 and my april bill came just 1450 ..mind you i have 2 geysers and 46 inch Sony LED , 24x 7 running PC, wet grinder , fridge , washing machine , robot floor cleaner, dish washer, oven
What are the electricity rates in Hyderabad?

Unit rate is 5

I run the AC on temperature 26 in day times and in night 28 .. so compressor works at lowest watt all the time and room gets chilled too at 26,28. I have faced the AC directly towards bed and on bed chilling effect comes in 2 minutes. For whole to cool ..it takes 15 minutes. This way room remains cool 24 x 7 and can have peaceful life without buring 5k money on electricity.

though you are 'unbelievable', i believe in your story! please post your usage and electricity consumption during actual summers.

Is this even possible, run an unit for 24x7 and have bills like that, less than 1.5k? WTF? :O
If I run my Hitachi five star like that I think I will be touching 12-13k p.m. And rate is low here too, around 6 to 6.25. I need some opinions on this, seriously. Might buy this if it's true.

The billing claim is 100% fake I'm sure of it. No way will the billing amount come to less than 2k for 24*7 AC ON. That too from Sharp? LOL.
This thread looks like an ad to me by a Sharp dealer.

Last edited:
The AC must be generating spare power on its own. It probably has a built in wind turbine inside. That's why the low power consumption. All the other electric appliances he mentioned run off the AC spare power.
What I don't understand is if the AC is so awesome, why does it need a stabilizer? Sharp should have built the stabilizer inside the unit.
/s

Depending on how bad the power situation is, its better to have an external unit. More choice than to be stuck with some internal generic one that you have no choice but to pay for.

The AC must be generating spare power on its own. It probably has a built in wind turbine inside. That's why the low power consumption. All the other electric appliances he mentioned run off the AC spare power.
What I don't understand is if the AC is so awesome, why does it need a stabilizer? Sharp should have built the stabilizer inside the unit.
/s

it dont need stabiliser it has inbuilt surge protection.. which any other acs dont hav

still i got stabiliser for free so had to used it

Can you tell us more about this?
As for me I still don't believe this claim unless I see the proof with my own eyes.

Can Rishi comment about this ?
IIRC Rishi made an even more out-worldly claim saying his bill went up by only 100 units. The plasmacluster ioniser + fan blower by itself will use about 100~150W (which is why the Sharp's power meter stops at a min of 0.2KW), and people are claiming average power in that bracket.

it dont need stabiliser it has inbuilt surge protection
A stabiliser and surge protector are not the same thing.

Back