Graphic Cards XFX 8800GT ALPHA DOG EDITION or ZOTAC 9800GT

sumchamp

Skilled
I am getting 8800GT ALPHA DOG EDITION from KMD and ZOTAC 9800GT at same price point....I m really confused which one to go for....Also I want to know abt Zotac as a brand in terms of performance and build quality. :S

So far I haven't heard anything bad about the brand however we know that xfx is great, but again something from Kmd wont be easy to get warranty in India, so go for Zotac just cause of its warranty. And as the preview says both cards are equal performance so go with zotac and I think 9800gt has hybrid sli too, not sure though, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

hey im confused..is the XFX 8800gt ALPHA DOG edition and the XFX 8800gt ALPHA DOG edition XXX different..coz till today i thought the Alpha dog edition was a factory overclocked version of the 8800gt...

as per that tiger direct link i think its the stock / reference 8800gt??..coz core clock is mentioned there at 600mhz, and memory clock 1800mhz..which is of a stock 8800gt and not the over clocked one . ...while the overclocked versionthat is the ALPHA DOG XXX has 670mhz core and memory clock at 1950mhz .....sumchamp if you are already aware of this , no problem, its confusion at my end then :D ...

Can sm1 tell here ..how much is the performance difference between a Stock 8800gt and the EVGA 8800gt superclocked version?

the one mentioned in that link is the stock 8800gt....The Zotac 9800gt at 8300 rs in India + 3 yrs local warranty wud be a better buy imo

Guys,

Where are u getting a quote of 8300 for 9800GT? Aditya infotech quotes it as still to come and a price tag of atleast 10.2K+VAT for the normal edition.

xtr.pwnzor said:
the one mentioned in that link is the stock 8800gt....The Zotac 9800gt at 8300 rs in India + 3 yrs local warranty wud be a better buy imo

Back