WTB: 939 socket Athlon64 X2 or FX CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ck Nish

Skilled
So I managed get something that could pass as an upgrade. Unfortunately, I can't say the same for my mobo. So I'm stuck with with my 939 socket mobo and no shops to buy any CPU's from. So anyone have an old one lying around the house?

Note: My current proccy is an Athlon64 3000+. So I'm expecting something substantially better.

If still sticking to 939, try to get a used dual core chip- no point getting another single core.

eg. X2 3800+/opty 165 and higher.

If OCing is an option, then good.

An X2 or opty at 2.4-2.6G is still quite potent in todays times coupled with 2GB RAM even if quite behind the good C2D chips. :)

The problem is that my mobo(Asus-A8N Deluxe) only mentions support for Athlon64 and Athlon64FX CPU's. So I'm not sure if X2's would work otherwise I could've gotten one long ago.

hey...

is it A8N Deluxe OR A8N-SLI Deluxe ? :tongue: ...as i see no A8N Deluxe on ASUS website...if its SLI then it does support X2...and hell ya bikey is right bout the X2z n optys....:cool2:

Supports AMD Socket 939 Athlon 64FX/Athlon 64 X2/Athlon 64

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.

Ck Nish said:
The problem is that my mobo(Asus-A8N Deluxe) only mentions support for Athlon64 and Athlon64FX CPU's. So I'm not sure if X2's would work otherwise I could've gotten one long ago.

Yeah, I just found out that it(A8N SLI Deluxe) does support the X2.

So yeah. If someone has an X2. Please tell me.

I have a athlon 3000+ socket 939, it might still have few months of warranty left . Pm if interested .

Haha! See, that's why I mentioned this tasty little tidbit:-

My current proccy is an Athlon64 3000+. So I'm expecting something substantially better.

Damnit! Someone change the topic to include the Athlon64X2.

Sorry for the delay dude.

X2 3800 & Arctic Freezer Pro ready to be shipped tomorrow. :)

Damn these courier people, off on Sundays!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back