Windows 8.1 Pro student - help required

zero_cool

Disciple
Hello folks,

A friend of mine just got an extra code of Win 8.1 Pro Student and is willing to give it to me. However, I've read on few websites that in the event of a format or repair needed to the Windows, one needs to download the entire OS again from the Microsoft website. Is there any workaround this and if yes, how?

Also, can anyone shed light on what is the size of the OS and can I install it on my system that's running a pirated copy of Windows 7 Ultimate?

Thanks

AFAIK, there is no such issue. You can use any copy of 8.1 Pro. However, from a legal point, you can only use the OS as long as you are a student.

If you download windows 8 then an ESD folder is created on c drive which contains the whole windows 8 installation.
Alternatively you could just make the installer burn a bootable disk or create a bootable USB drive. There's a lot of help available on how to do this if you search Google.

AFAIK, there is no such issue. You can use any copy of 8.1 Pro. However, from a legal point, you can only use the OS as long as you are a student.

But I see no such limitation in the Terms and conditions listed by Microsoft. Visit - http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/html/pbPage.StudentStoreTermsandConditions

compressed ~ 2.5GB & uncompressed < 6GB (approx) [free space of 20GB is recommended (always)]

Thank you.

If you download windows 8 then an ESD folder is created on c drive which contains the whole windows 8 installation.
Alternatively you could just make the installer burn a bootable disk or create a bootable USB drive. There's a lot of help available on how to do this if you search Google.

I might have gotten a solution on this. Will share if it is successful.

I was thinking of making my friend buy this for me. Also planning to get an ISO from Digital River and Burning it to DVD so that I can reinstall it later in case of an emergency. The same worked for my Windows 7 installation.

Back