CPU/Mobo will a cooler master hyper 212 evo fit on asus p8z77 m pro?

tssyreddy

Disciple
I have an asus p8z77 m pro and i5 2500k. I want to overclock it but i don't know which cooler to buy. my budget is 2.5k plz make sure that it won't block other components or slots. I have a odyssey full tower.

I have an asus p8z77 m pro and i5 2500k. I want to overclock it but i don't know which cooler to buy. my budget is 2.5k plz make sure that it won't block other components or slots. I have a odyssey full tower.

A Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO will definitely be able to operate on a Z77 based motherboard, because it has the same socket as the P67 / Z68 / H67 motherboards the LGA 1155.

Now as far as obstructing your RAM slots OR any other associated peripherals is solely dependent on how you orient the cooler as well as which RAM modules you are using, higher height RAM modules will be a problem for any cooler. The only coolers that take this eventuality in mind are the Noctua products, but they are way out of your budget.

Go for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and please let us know which RAM modules you are using?

Hope this helps, Cheers!!

thanks for your reply

i might be using 2x 4gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz or gskill ripzaws but ihaven't bought the ram yet. i wil be using 2 4gb modules for this build.

A Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO will definitely be able to operate on a Z77 based motherboard, because it has the same socket as the P67 / Z68 / H67 motherboards the LGA 1155.

Now as far as obstructing your RAM slots OR any other associated peripherals is solely dependent on how you orient the cooler as well as which RAM modules you are using, higher height RAM modules will be a problem for any cooler. The only coolers that take this eventuality in mind are the Noctua products, but they are way out of your budget.

Go for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO and please let us know which RAM modules you are using?

thanks for your reply

i might be using 2x 4gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz or gskill ripzaws but ihaven't bought the ram yet. i wil be using 2 4gb modules for this build.

P.S. will there be any difference if i go for 1333mhz ram??

ok..

this was my concern too, not long before, as i had purchased a vengeance kit and was about to buy a mobo and 212 evo.

U can easily fit in the 212 evo and all u need to do is it place the fan towards the opposie side of the RAM slots - which actually was a better way to do atleast for me as the air pumping out of the heat sink will be directed alligned to the exhaust fan on the back of my cabinet (HAF 922).

in short, you can use the 212 evo with a single fan (as it comes on stock) but may be difficult to add one more fan to it (which i dont think is necessary)

#[member='tssyreddy'] Sire, here is what I suggest --

Recommend that you go for G.Skill RIPJAWS 4GB x2 kit over the Corsair Vengeance due to the following reasons --
  1. Low height heat-spreader, easier to put a RAM without obstructing the ​cooler. Also the heat dissipated by the heat-spreaders can be carried away by the fan that cools the CPU heatsink.
  2. Better build quality of the G.Skill RIPJAWS heatspreader over the Vengeance. This is what I have heard.
  3. Better over-clockability with the RIPJAWS, again something that I have heard and cannot corroborate.
  4. I had a Cooler Master Hyper 212+ and the RIPJAWS RAM modules, they never had a compatibility issue. Although to manipulate the RAM module in DIMM_0 I had to remove the cooler.

P.S. will there be any difference if i go for 1333mhz ram??

Slight loss in the overall performance, here is why I recommend a 1600MHz kit --> http://www.anandtech...g-the-best-ddr3 / http://www.xbitlabs....dge-ddr3_8.html.

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sandy Bridge's improved memory controller has all but eliminated the need for extreme memory bandwidth, at least for this architecture. It's only when you get down to DDR3-1333 that you see a minor performance penalty. The sweet spot appears to be at DDR3-1600, where you will see a minor performance increase over DDR3-1333 with only a slight increase in cost. The performance increase gained by going up to DDR3-1866 or DDR3-2133 isn't nearly as pronounced.[/font]

Back