WiFi Router + USB modem

Discussion in 'Wireless Internet' started by tommy_vercetti, Aug 18, 2010.

1. tommy_vercetti

tommy_vercetti Privileged Users

Hi All,
    Just recently purchased MTS Blaze, now I"m looking for a router which will take the USB modem as input and provide Internet
    Thanks for any inputs you may have
    P.S.

The MTS Blaze is a EVDO/CDMA device
  2. aruka

aruka Upgraded User

1 person likes this.
  3. varkey

varkey Privileged Users

1 person likes this.
  4. smnrock

smnrock Privileged Users

I've got ASUS RT-N16 through GEB and using Huawei K3765 with DD-WRT. I guess it will work with any Huawei based modems
  5. delhiboy1000

delhiboy1000 Upgraded User

the new version of the ASUS RT-N13U will work just fine with a USB 3G modem.
  6. tommy_vercetti

Thank you all very much for your suggestions, I'm thinking of going with Tenda, seems like a good one, regarding the ASUS RT-N13U, that's a nice router, but I have EVDO not 3G so skeptical about it, if anyone has any confirmations then that would be my first option
  7. delhiboy1000

delhiboy1000 Upgraded User

have you confirmed that the Tenda supports USB EVDO modems? at 4.5k , its a good 2k costlier than the asus..!
  8. smnrock

smnrock Privileged Users

If you are buying ASUS RT-N13U, then make sure that its Rev-B1 model, since other model will not support USB modems
  9. blackbird

blackbird Privileged Users

10. varkey

varkey Privileged Users

http://www.ekwireless.in/modems.html

It supports the following modems

You can also check the EDIMAX router, has 3 years warranty. Which is your modem model?
  11. tommy_vercetti

It,s MTS Premium, now leaning towards Edimax
  12. asingh

asingh Moderator Staff Member

Apologies for the late bump.

I also want to set up Wi-Fi using the RJ45+USB Modem combination. I looked at the above threads and not really sure which model to take. Do all have the RJ45 input capability. I have the EpiValley SEC-8089 which this model shows compatibility with. Is this a decent buy for what all I want..?

What else are good suggestions, also looked at EK Wireless compatibility list here, and their Hame, Dovado, and Cradlepoint series support the SEC-8089.

Any other suggestions/insights would be great..want this set up early as possible....!
  13. asingh

Bump.............!
  14. tommy_vercetti

1. BIGPOND 3G9WB ROUTER - it comes with a sim slot you directly insert the sim and use the router, no need to buy a usb modem for the same.
    eBay India: Bigpond 3G9WB 7.2Mbps 3G WIFI Router Wireless Gateway (item 150529029964 end time 07-Dec-2010 16:52:47 IST)

2. TP-LINK MR3420 3G/3.75G Wireless N Router - You can connect a Usb modem in the same to get it to work.
    eBay India: TP-LINK MR3420 3G/3.75G Wireless N Router 3 Yr. (item 130460423947 end time 07-Dec-2010 10:42:20 IST)
  15. asingh

^^

Sorry saw this late, since no one had replied. Picked up a Hame 432R from EkWireless (EBay). Serves my purpose just fine.