PC Peripherals Why does MX-518 Suck so MUCH ?

! 0 t A

Skilled
This must be my 4th MX 518 mouse [Dont know WHY ! ] and it has already started showing signs of total failure !!!!:frusty:

The click has started to make a funny noise and this is how it starts !! I use the mouse very carefully, protect it from dust and click it gently most of the time [ except the time when i am wrenching a SPAI ]

Does everyone else also experience the same thing ? This one is a fresh RMAed piece , the new 1800 dpi one, still its giving me this problem !!:mad:

I am addicted to the shape so cant switch to another mouse. . but if this goes kaput and doesnt get RMAed then its Intelli from now on !

All these models are too exorbitantly priced, I think anything above 1.2k is over priced for a MOUSE !

Even basic mice for 600 bux have better life than this MX piece of BULL CRAP !

! 0 t A said:
I am addicted to the shape so cant switch to another mouse. . but if this goes kaput and doesnt get RMAed then its Intelli from now on !

The MS IE 3.0 is slightly smaller and fits the hand perfectly. I'd an MX518 2 years back and the rubber grip started peeling off. Disposed it off and switched to a Razer DA which started showing up after a year of usage. Disposed it after getting an RMA. I've a IE 3.0 now - works like a charm.

I am also facing that funny click sound for my right click button.... rubber grip is also off from most of the mouse surface... but I still love to use it... it irritates the hell out of me with the click sound sometimes but the accuracy is great...

Though the quality has suffered a great deal, I can't ditch it 'coz of its overall performance.... :(

That means they have serious issues in their assembly line, with many of the products coming out FAULTY !

Thank You Logitech :(

wow i thought only i am facing issues with the MX518 :lol:

The 1600dpi mouse which i bought in 2005 lasted for close to 3 years and started giving problem at the near end (due to very bad abuse :p), i RMAed it and as well bought another mx. The new mouse died within 2 months :S and i was too lazy to get it RMAed , so i started using the back up mx which died within a year of use (replicating the same problem as the previous one) :|.

So got the other mouse RMAed and using it now which on the second day started giving weird click noise in the left button (basically it is a bit loose and making double noise upon pressing it). Wondering what to do now , tired of getting it RMAed. Will mostly change it next month.

The quality of the mouse has gone really worse sadly.

Saiyan said:
So got the other mouse RMAed and using it now which on the second day started giving weird click noise in the left button (basically it is a bit loose and making double noise upon pressing it). Wondering what to do now , tired of getting it RMAed. Will mostly change it next month.

The quality of the mouse has gone really worse sadly.

THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENS EVERY TIME.:mad:

Can we RMA it if the clock sound persists ?

PS: Sorry for CAPS.

1600dpi- was 2.8K and later 2.5K

1800dpi- 2K > 1.6K > 1.3K

New 1800dpi- Razer mice-like big feet unlike mine with 5 tiny oval feet similar to original 1600dpi one

1600dpi- 4 years or more and still kicks butt.

1800dpi (5 tiny feet one)- 1.5 yrs old or maybe more?- rubber is rough but not totally worn off- works fine.

No food stuff allowed near the pc. :p

Else lots of dust, grime, etc etc.

! 0 t A said:
All these models are too exorbitantly priced, I think anything above 1.2k is over priced for a MOUSE !

Even basic mice for 600 bux have better life than this MX piece of BULL CRAP !

You woudnt say tht if u were playing CS with Death Adder let alone Ikari:D

Mine MX 518 is the 1800 dpi one with 3 big feet :p. Had bought it almost 10-11 months back from Prime for 1400 . Still works perfectly.. no rubber peeling or anything looks as good as new :D.

but yeah at times(rarely) I do notice that click problem but doesnt bother me so much .

Back