Why am i getting a 'virtual memory' error?

jumbo5

Adept
I'm using xilisoft vid converter ultimate

yesterday i converted 8 files of diff format of 1.4 gb into 345mb rmvb file.

But since today morning when i'm trying to join 5 files of total 1.3gb into rmvb format i'm getting the error as below.

Pls help.

22ap38.jpg

jumbo5 said:
I'm using xilisoft vid converter ultimate

yesterday i converted 8 files of diff format of 1.4 gb into 345mb rmvb file.

But since today morning when i'm trying to join 5 files of total 1.3gb into rmvb format i'm getting the error as below.

Pls help.

22ap38.jpg

Well, the error shows your OS is running out of memory. that means your computer has too little RAM to run this operation. I am suspecting less than 512MB RAM.
If it is not so, please tell. In that case there might be some serious memory leak in some process.

morgoth said:
Well, the error shows your OS is running out of memory. that means your computer has too little RAM to run this operation. I am suspecting less than 512MB RAM.
If it is not so, please tell. In that case there might be some serious memory leak in some process.

my RAM is 512.

I've started the conversion process again with the foll changes-

My computer>properties>advanced>settings>advanced>change>initial paging size increased to 1500 & max size to 1800.

lets wait n watch -

^^ That might help. Also, close all other programs and unnecessary processes running in the background. However, sooner or later you might just need to upgrade the RAM.

Back