which wifi router for my phone?

fastraj

Disciple
hey guys, was wondering which wifi router should i get for my n79.....a belkin or netgear...and which model no., looking out for the most economical & easy setup.Also can i configure the router only with my phone or do i need a laptop for that?

the belkin & netgear is at the same pricerange....which performs better and warranty support.....i need a good range cause will be using it in two flats one above the other.

AFAIK , you will need a lappy or pc to configure the router unless you want to go with the default config.

If you need to setup wireless security, you will have to change the default config. But once the config is done, you dont need a computer.

fastraj said:
i wont be having a pc at home!! just the phone & the router.

mathew_p_a said:
AFAIK , you will need a lappy or pc to configure the router unless you want to go with the default config.

If you need to setup wireless security, you will have to change the default config. But once the config is done, you dont need a computer.

yup, default mode will work. but that also means no security. as mathew said, get the router to one of your friends house, set it up with the right security, password blah blah and then use it in your house.

Its about 2k. I can usually login to the router config page from my phone too, IE on WinMo6 or Opera. I guess you should be able to configure the router from the phone itself.

Guess u'll have to get a PC to configure/ troubleshoot ur router. Nothing like an ethernet connection to troubleshoot wi-fi :p!

I would suggest you to buy Netgear 3G Wi-Fi router because it instantly brings Internet access to places where you can’t get Wi-Fi or don’t have DSL, Cable, and other services.

Back