Audio Which is the best player (Sansa fusa+ or cowon c2) or others?

N82

Disciple
Hi all,
I am planning to buy a media player or mp3 player. Please suggest me the best one.
My budget is rs 7000 - rs 9000 for 8GB/16GB

Right now I have shortlisted below two.
1. sansa fusa+
2. cowon c2

Later I may buy a good IEMs for rs 4000.
Please suggest the player based on this IEM also..

The C2 is probably the better player functionality wise with a slightly bigger screen (2.6" vs 2.4").

However its much more expensive compared to the Sansa Fuze+

Do note that the Fuze+ does not have the most user friendly UI around and it takes some time to get used to.

Sound quality wise without any EQ the Fuze+ is the better player as it has a flatter frequency response without any dips.

The Cowon C2 like most other Cowons has a bass roll off at around 200 hz which becomes pretty steep at around 100 hz. You might hear this in some tracks though its not noticeable in all tracks.

RightMark Audio Analyzer test: comparison

However the Cowon has a lot of EQ options like BBE and SRS WOW to tweak the sound.

Besides BBE I really didn't like the sound enhancements when I tried a Cowon D2+ so your mileage may vary.

However the main difference between the two players in the price !

The C2 8 GB sells for 8750 + shipping while the Sansa Fuze+ sells for 4500 shipped.

You need to decide if the EQ enhancements, slightly better UI and smaller form factor is enough to pay almost double the cost over the Fuze+

http://www.techenclave.com/pristinenote/special-offer-sansa-fuze-8gb-4-a-189412.html

Buy Cowon C2 8GB Mp3 Player - Best Mp3 Players India

Unless you need the BBE ,SRS etc enhancements and wish to watch videos a lot get the Fuze+ . You could use the money saved to buy a better earphone ;).

I don't think Cowons offer "SRS", they only offer "BBE / BBE+". BBE are basically sound enhancements, which are separate from Equalizer (EQ). Read more about BBE here - http://bbesound.jp/img/tech/What_is_BBE_English.pdf.

One counter-point in favour of Cowon - battery life. It claims 55 hours, but manufacturer specs are for 128kbps under ideal testing conditions. In normal usage, you'll get 30+ hours with 320kbps. I've never got around to measuring the exact battery life because I get tired waiting for it. That's one of the reasons why I still keep my Cowon S9 around as none of my other players match it in that regard.

I'd suppose Fuze+ will not be as bad as the Clip+ and would provide close to 20 hrs.

Second could be a small difference in output power. Sansa does not seem to release the specs, but I am guessing it would be lower than that of C2. A few IEMs, which are hard to drive will be benefited by this.

As for UI, if Cowon C2 gets it's fair share of supporters, it will get a nice UCI which can replace the stock 'life style' UI or whatever they call it. Fuze+ will get Rockbox eventually, which will give plenty of options and a very good EQ to play around with. I actually prefer the EQ in Rockbox as opposed to the Cowon, though both work well. All this "EQ" fame of Cowon is from the past. Even iPods have eQu and Equalizer apps to compete against the Cowon. So, it's not as unique as it used to be.

I am still waiting for them to deliver a true successor to J3. Only then I'll upgrade my S9. I was in a dilemma over C2 at the pre-order price (7900, I think) mainly due to the battery life. But, it didn't make much sense to buy yet another player :ashamed:

If you go for Fuze+, buy a microSD card with the saved money - 16 GB microSD card (Class 2 / 4 - not much difference when listening, but better to go for Class 4 as it offers a speed difference when copying / library refresh. Higher classes would be a waste of money), fill it with music and then come back here to ask for better IEMs / ear buds / headphones.

If you go for C2, play around with the presets, EQ and all that, then do the same as above - only this time go for an IEM first, then get the uSD card.

Although off topic and only heard ipod nano 2g so far, all i can say is Fiio E7 sounds lovely.
Also It drives RE1 & 262 pretty well.
If u can wait, fiio X3 can be good.(battery life is not same as of cowons/sansa)
If u want trusted player, go for cowon or sansa
If only some sick guy can return my 262...:mad:

What? When do you own a 262? :p

Oh! And too add something 'useful', here's the latest about "90% complete FiiO X3 prototype" - http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/528916/the-fiio-x3-thread-upcoming-fiio-dap/1410#post_7590359

Edit 2: Oh! And I just measured Cowon S9's battery life. It did not run out, but I got tired waiting for the last bar to go out.

S9 (volume of 22, Shuffle mode for all tracks - 2000+ odd, mostly 320kbps, some 256kbps and very few 192kbps) -> Sunrise XCited == 35 hours, 15 mins

Under normal usage, I listen at lower volumes (15 to 18), but would dock 20% due to operation of screen, changing of albums etc., Should get around 25-30 hours for most normal IEMs (XCited requires a little more volume than many).

If I attach another 8GB/16 GB card in fuse+ and load with full music, will it become slow that means navigating through folder/files.

Since these things I have already experienced in transcend mp3 player(8 GB + 8GB card fully load).

Please any one confirm with this..

Back