Which is the best AC brand?

teracore

Disciple
Actually I am looking for a 1.5 ton Window AC.
Can any one tell me which is the best brand out there? Are hitachi's AC any good? Budget is 30K.

Thx in advance :D

Ogeneral ... aka OG
No other AC can even come close to it,, No match in terms of performance and quality, durability.

no need to change the ac even after a decade ,, :) u cant go wrong with OG , it can be compared to vx450 kind of product level.

^ +1 for general ac

i have 2 at my home

using them for the past 3-4 yrs.

very efficient cooling

but still u cant say any brand as the best

i m only saying which i m personally using

hitachi n diakin r also good

never even look at cheap lg/samsung ac's

and not to hijack the thread per se... but how good is the hit your electricity bill takes .. in subjective terms only... my current bill without AC comes to 500 bucks per month.. wonder how much it will hit if i use a ac at 23/24 levels.... for around 8 hrs a day....

summer is a killing this time..

regards
neo

Dunno about OG but I have a National Panasonic 1.5T in my house.. been running almost everyday for the past 7-8 summers without a problem.

LG seems to be all the rage these days. Almost 9/10 people in my area have installed LG window and split units.

Who makes these OGeneral ACs anyway? General Electric sells their products under the GE brand but OG? I googled around and all I could come up with is a swanky web site that says "Under Construction". So much for good marketing.

My friend purchased general A/C 15 years back and its in packed condition. Last year he installed for the first time :S. Surprisingly it works out of the box. Its Ammonia cooling system and these are far far rugged built due to the corrosive nature of ammonia and high cooling effect compared to R16, R134a refrigerants. Reciprocatory compressors work very well in high ambient heat compared to rotary.
At present my vote goes for Carrier estrella for its Takum jap compressor and Voltas. Last year Onida was an hit but this time somehow it fails to mark the presence.

vahss_11 said:
Ogeneral ... aka OG
No other AC can even come close to it,, No match in terms of performance and quality, durability.

no need to change the ac even after a decade ,, :) u cant go wrong with OG , it can be compared to vx450 kind of product level.

I am using OG here in Dubai.The temperature here goes up to 53C in summers.All the Ac's i own are OG and one of them is around 10 years old but still no problems with proper servicing(i.e 1 time in a year just before the summer starts)

ogeneral being the best AC around is a load of crap!! my cousin had OG window AC 1.5 tonne and it went kaput in 4 years hell my old career window AC which i gave to my bro lasted more than it
Career is still working just had to refill the gas that too after 5 years .
when it comes to CFM cooling power and EER OG wins hands down ...

Back