Best Inverter AC in India? Edit: Bought Sharp AH-XP18MV (AC discontinued)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rishiguru, prtk and all other, I desperately seek some advice from all you guys regarding my AC installation. I have already ordered two 1.5 Ton inverters for my rooms, one Sharp and other Hitachi. I was really lucky with the Hitachi since it was old stock but completely sealed so got it for fifty thousand instead of the fifty five thousand market prices. Sharp cost me forty five thousand. Charges include brackets and installations.

Since I have opted for installment scheme, I have the liberty to buy another 1 Ton for another room which will be used infrequently. Please advice me whether to opt for 1 ton inverter or non inverter. Can anyone tell me some good Hitachi 1 ton models with personal experience?

Rishiguru since you advised to install sharp in the room with prolong usage, I will thereby go for sharp in my parents room with the Hitachi in our room due to my frequent traveling exercise.

Rishiguru, prtk and all other, I desperately seek some advice from all you guys regarding my AC installation. I have already ordered two 1.5 Ton inverters for my rooms, one Sharp and other Hitachi. I was really lucky with the Hitachi since it was old stock but completely sealed so got it for fifty thousand instead of the fifty five thousand market prices. Sharp cost me forty five thousand. Charges include brackets and installations.

Since I have opted for installment scheme, I have the liberty to buy another 1 Ton for another room which will be used infrequently. Please advice me whether to opt for 1 ton inverter or non inverter. Can anyone tell me some good Hitachi 1 ton models with personal experience? Rishiguru since you advised to install sharp in the room with prolong usage, I will thereby go for sharp in my parents room with the Hitachi in our room due to my frequent traveling exercise.

Vinay you speak of a room where a 1 Ton air conditioner will suffice, you ask for suggestion and as per me you should opt for Inverter air conditioner no matter wheteher it is going to be used infrequently or not. Let us do some comparisons of prices and performance of a Hitachi non-Inverter with a Sharp Inverter. Lowest quote I got in Kolkata:

Hitachi Kaze Plus with Koukin Air Filter, 1 Ton, 4-Star (Model No: RAU412HTD): INR 31.5K
Sharp Eco-Inverter with in-built Plasmacluster Ion Air Purifier, 1.1 Ton (Model No: AH-XP13NRV): INR 31.5K

Prices above include kit + installation + ODU brackets. I believe it is better to go the Inverter way. Let us compare their performance specs:

Hitachi RAU412HTD

Rated Cooling Capacity: 3.52 kW
Rated Power Consumption: 1070 watts
Rated EER: 3.29 W/W
Refrigerant Gas: R22

Sharp AH-XP13NRV

Cooling Capacity Range: (0.9 - 3.6 - 4) kW
Rated Cooling Capacity: 3.6 kW
Power Consumption Range: (250 – 1150 – 1400) watts
Rated Power Consumption: 1150 watts
EER Range: (3.6 - 3.13 – 2.86) W/W
Rated EER: 3.13 W/W
Refrigerant Gas: R410A

From specs I find the Sharp Inverter to be a clear winner, and that too at no additional extra price!!!

Reasons:

1) The Sharp Inverter has a higher cooling capacity (max: 4 kW) to able to cool bigger rooms than the Hitachi non-Inverter (max: 3.52kW) or an identical room faster.
2) While the non-Inverter Hitachi will always consume 1070 watts of power when compressor is running, Sharp with its Inverter technology will vary its power consumption from as high as 1400 watts under full cooling capacity for the first few minutes and then hover down to around 1150 watts providing its rated cooling capacity. When the set temperature is achieved it further reduces power consumption gradually and goes down to as low as 250 watts i.e. the minimal cooling capacity it requires to maintain the set temperature. In other words Sharp will save you a lot of power and be much kinder to your electric bills if used on a prolonged basis later on.
3) The Hitachi non-Inverter have a rated cooling performance EER of 3.29 (W/W) where as Sharp just manages 3.13. This just shows half the picture as Inverters have variable cooling capacity and power consumption. Therefore their EER also varies. The Sharp 1.1 Ton EER ranges from as low as 2.86 under full load to as high as 3.6 under part load conditions where it remains max of the time under operation. This means the overall working efficiency of the Inverter is way higher than the Hitachi non-Inverter.
4) Hitachi uses R22 refrigerant gas, which will be gradually phased out from 2013, where as the Sharp uses more environment friendly, more performance oriented and much more efficient R410A.
5) The installation kit provided by Sharp is currently the best out there.

All in all I find the Sharp Inverter to be a clear winner in comparison to identically priced Hitachi non-Inverter.

Some points to note while buying the Sharp 0.8 Ton and 1.1 Ton Inverters:

1) These does not come under the AH-XPxxMV range which simply put are technological showpieces and the best Sharp Inverters available in Asia except Japan. The 0.8 and 1.1 Ton comes under AH-XPxxNRV range which is a little compromise between out-an-out performance of the AH-XPxxMV and very good performance they offer at a competitive price. The reduced price helps them to compete in the fierce 1 ~ 1.2 Ton Indian air conditioner market with cut throat competition.
2) AH-XPxxNRV range does not use the premium quality huge indoor unit used by the 1.5 Ton (AH-XP18MV) and 2 Ton (AH-XP24MV). For example the Digital display showing current power consumption in kilo-watts along with classy sparkling silver finish with stainless steel color lining are all gone. But I have seen them in flesh and can guarantee they are very close in terms of looks and product quality to the AH-XPxxMV range and can be easily compared with equivalently priced Hitachi & Daikin air conditioners.
3) The outdoor units of 0.8 and 1.1 Ton AH-XPxxNRV range does not implement all-aluminum canalicular tubed, more performance oriented, duarble & costly condenser of 1.5 & 2 Ton AH-XPxxMV range. Instead they uses conventional and cheaper copper-aluminum circular tubed condenser variant followed by its competitors Hitachi & Daikin. Result is drop in cooling performance and efficiency in AH-XPxxNRV range in comparison to their top AH-XPxxMV range. Suppose the 1.1 Ton AH-XP13NRV can do a rated EER of 3.13, while the 1.5 Ton AH-XP18MV have a much higher EER of 3.66.
4) No matter what Sharp compromised in terms of performance compared to the AH-XPxxMV range, with a killer price of 31.5K all included, Sharp AH-XP13NRV, 1.1 Ton Eco-Inverter with in-built Plamacluster Ion air purifier simply USURPS any 1 ~ 1.2 Ton premium non-Inverter’s of similar pricing.

Below are few shots I took of Sharp AH-XP13NRV, 1.1 Ton Inverter while visiting various dealers:

Indoor Unit from different Viewing angles

ahxp13nrv1.jpg

ahxp13nrv2.jpg

ahxp13nrv3.jpg

Common White Color with matte silver lining

ahxp13nrv4.jpg

The famous Digital display showing current power consumption of AH-XPxxMV series are replaced with LED indicators here. Cost cutting!!!

ahxp13nrv5.jpg

Enjoy!!! :)

Rishiguru first of all let me sincerely thank you for your tremendous support in opening our eyes and letting us delve deeper into the details of how ACs work and then to judge them according to their performance criteria.

I have gone through various sites and forums and there is not a single thread I found which is as informational as this one. So once again thanks for creating such a wonderful thread and in taking the time and pains to let us understand in layman terms. This thread truly deserves to be a sticky.

I now realize how premium AC companies fool us by selling old technology when we can have inverter ACs at same price. It is because guys like us do not have the understanding and represent the mass as a whole.

I have decided to move on with Sharp 1.1 Ton inverter. I never knew the outdoor condenser have such a huge part in the performance of the AC.

Once again, thanks rishiguru.

Rishiguru first of all let me sincerely thank you for your tremendous support in opening our eyes and letting us delve deeper into the details of how ACs work and then to judge them according to their performance criteria. I have gone through various sites and forums and there is not a single thread I found which is as informational as this one. So once again thanks for creating such a wonderful thread and in taking the time and pains to let us understand in layman terms. This thread truly deserves to be a sticky. I now realize how premium AC companies fool us by selling old technology when we can have inverter ACs at same price. It is because guys like us do not have the understanding and represent the mass as a whole...Once again, thanks rishiguru.

Thanks for all the accolades & complements.

I just try to write posts with the objective to help others, to share with them the little knowledge I was able to gather during the last few months hunting down for the best 1.5 Ton air conditioner.

I have decided to move on with Sharp 1.1 Ton inverter.

Wise decision.

I never knew the outdoor condenser have such a huge part in the performance of the AC..

To have an understanding of how much the condenser of an outdoor unit contribute to the overall efficiency and performance of an air conditioner let us do a simple comparison between the Sharp 1.1 and 1.5 Ton variants:

Sharp AH-XP13NRV (1.1 Ton, Inverter)

AH-XP13NRV.jpg

Sharp AH-XP18MV (1.5 Ton, Inverter)

AH-XP18MV.jpg

Sharp 1.1 Ton Inverter (Model No: AH-XP13NRV) uses a conventional copper aluminum condenser with circular tubing which had to be filled with 740 grams of R410A refrigerant gas in order to cool the designated area. This gas acts as a vehicle to transfer heat from the air inside of a room to the outside air. This amount of gas is then pumped by its 4 kilowatt compressor, compressing this volume of gas and has to work with it continuously in order to cool. The effort it requires to circulate the gas is taken from the inbuilt motor of the compressor which in turn consumes power. The compressor of an air conditioner accounts to nearly 88% of the total power consumed.

Now there is a new type of condenser which was first introduced by Sharp in the air conditioner segment, which uses an un-conventional & more modern, car radiator like, costly to manufacture, all-aluminum condenser with canalicular tubing. Due to some inherent advantages of this type of condenser in terms of improved heat exchange efficiency, decreased heat transfer loss from tube to fin and accelerated heat conduction capabilities these types of condensers have the ability to cool an identical area at almost half the refrigerant gas required in comparison to cheaper conventional copper aluminum condenser with circular tubing. The 1.5 Ton Sharp Inverter (Model No. AH-XP18MV) uses this new type of condenser. The result is even with 50% more cooling capacity over its 1.1 Ton model it requires not 50% more, not equal but 5% less refrigerant gas!!!

AL1.jpg

This time a much more powerful 6 kilowatt compressor of the Sharp 1.5 Ton model has to work with just 700 grams of R410A gas when coupled with this new type of all-aluminum, canalicular tubed condenser when its competitors like Daikin, Panasonic & Hitach using an identically powered compressor need to circulate 1500 grams of R410A due to the use of conventional copper aluminum condenser with circular tubing.

With 53% less amount of R410A gas to compress and circulate with, Sharp’s 1.5 Ton’s 6 kilowatt compressor is super happy, it has to work much less and in turn consumes much less power and the overall efficiency sky rockets. If any one looks carefully to a certain series of any reputed air conditioner manufacturer he will notice the ones with lowest cooling capacity have the highest cooling performance measured in EER (W/W) and as cooling capacity increases in the series, cooling performance starts to drop gradually. Let us take Daikin’s range topping FTKS series Inverter Models for example. Using conventional copper aluminum condenser with circular tubing we find this series EER (W/W) as below:

FTKS25 (0.75 Ton): 4.17
FTKS35 (1 Ton): 3.43
FTKS50 (1.5 Ton): 3.23
FTKS60 (1.8 Ton): 3.03
FTKS71 (2.2 Ton): 3.01

Following the similar path the Sharp’s 1.1 Ton Inverter should have had a higher EER over its 1.5 Ton variant but in-turn is just the opposite. While the 1.1 Ton can manage a rated EER of 3.13, the 1.5 Ton with this innovative and more performance oriented, all-aluminum condenser with canalicular tubing can do much better EER of 3.66. Comparing the two, while moving up the Sharp’s range from 1.1 to 1.5 Ton we have an increase in EER by 0.53 whereas Daikin’s drops by 0.20.

And EER aka cooling performance does matter in real life in terms reduced power consumption.

Hey RishiGuru

I have pm'd you a few days back. Since you are from Kolkata and managed to get the BEST pricing and the BEST installation, mind sharing the details? Please feel free to reply to my PM or send me a fresh Pm with details.

thanks in advance

While the 1.1 Ton can manage a rated COP of 3.13, the 1.5 Ton with this innovative and more performance oriented, all-aluminum condenser with canalicular tubing can do much better COP of 3.66.
Sounds more like the Sharp 1.1T is using an older/inefficient compressor. Even the 1.1T Inverter from Panny has a COP of 3.43 (malaysian models are touching 3.5) and they're not using micro channel condensers in their inverter line yet. Panny do have the micro channel condensers in the Cube range, and COP seems to have gone up by about 0.2 in that series. So micro channel condensers do bring up efficiency, but they won't skyrocket it. Its still pretty much down to the compressors, which is why we're still seeing COPs from 2.5 to 3.5 even though they're all using the same older style condenser.

Sounds more like the Sharp 1.1T is using an older/inefficient compressor.

You see all of it lies in the marketing strategy and how marketing departments of a certain company push their respective R&D departments to come up with new models based on their market survey. I found from their catalogue that Sharp AH-X12NEV, 1 Ton Inverter air conditioner can manage a rated EER of 3.30 (W/W) while their premium 1.1 Ton AH-XP13NRV with added Plasmacluster air purifier in comparison have a lowly rated EER of 3.13.

It could be a classic case of marketing departments pushing over their respective R&D departments to add more cooling performance over an existing model in order to aggravate sales and take market lead. Undoubtedly the 1 Ton air conditioners segment is the most crucial market for air conditioners and if they push their existing 1 Ton to max out at 1.1 Ton even with some drop in cooling performance, it will decisively become an advantage for their sales people to push customers and sing the song “It has 0.1 Ton more and thus cool a bigger room and is more powerful”. And this strategy really works since common people cares about cooling capacity and hardy understands cooling performance measured in EER.

After all ask yourself how many understands EER while buying air conditioners? I did not six months before. It is only because I did a through web study when I started to understand. And most people just go by brand name. People in India looks for stars, 5 stars are great and inverter air conditioners are thought of ACs with inverters so that they can operate during power failure. Take a common example of a 4-star non-Inverter. BEE states any non-Inverter air conditioner having a EER in between 3.1 & 3.29 is a 4-star qualified. Common people care about 4-star and not the EER range. The reason is not because they are ignorant but because they do not know or understands the benefit of having an AC having 3.29 over one having 3.1 even though both are 4-star qualified.

My personal assumption is Sharp tried to push their existing 1 Ton inverter air conditioners to max out at 1.1 ton by increasing the rated cooling capacity by 0.10 kW by over running the compressor, adding Plasmacluster air purifier which made it a premium one, at the expense of more power consumption thus hurting rated cooling performance. Identical ODU weight of both their 1 & 1.1 Ton is 28 kilos further adds weight to my assumption. How much dent this puts on the overall varying cooling performance of this 1.1 Ton Inverter is anybody’s guess.

But all my babble comes to an end with a single ominous fact, is there anyone to challenge Sharp in the 1.1 Ton category with a price tag of INR 31.5K including free kit + ODU brackets + installation? If there is, then that’s good for us, we have got choices else Sharp 1.1 Tonner provides biggest bang for the buck and is the winner.

Even the 1.1T Inverter from Panny has a EER of 3.43 (malaysian models are touching 3.5) and they're not using micro channel condensers in their inverter line yet.
By the way would love to know Panny’s respective model no’s you have mentioned.

So micro channel condensers do bring up efficiency, but they won't skyrocket it. Its still pretty much down to the compressors, which is why we're still seeing EERs from 2.5 to 3.5 even though they're all using the same older style condenser.

Yeah you are right on that part. It is the culmination of the compressor along with its condenser, evaporator, electronic expansion valve, the outdoor fan motor, the outdoor fan, the indoor fan motor and the indoor fan controlled by the all encompassing digital control module that brings out the overall efficiency of an Inverter air conditioner rather than one single component.

But still the Sharp 1.5 Ton Inverter AH-XP18MV having a rated EER of 3.66 remains unbeatable by all of their other lower capacity 1 & 1.1 Ton Inverter models be it old or new. It should be just the opposite since higher capacity models have a lower cooling performance. I believe this is due to its use of their innovative all-aluminum condenser with canalicular tubing.

My personal assumption is Sharp tried to push their existing 1 Ton inverter air conditioners to max out at 1.1 ton by increasing the rated cooling capacity by 0.10 kW by over running the compressor, adding Plasmacluster air purifier which made it a premium one, at the expense of more power consumption thus hurting rated cooling performance.
Oh yeah didn't consider this at all. Good catch and explains it all :)

The older AH-XP13LV’s ODU was 500 grams heavier than the recent one, which may denote a bigger and higher capacity compressor along with bigger condenser. This can be justified by the fact that the max cooling capacity is 4.20 kW while the current model maxes out at 4 kW. COP a 3.63 which is great. If this model is still available one should opt for this one provided prices are identical or some INR 1K more than the new one.
Yeah spotted these 'LV' models on the Malaysian site. Did not pay much attention to it since IIRC I couldn't find any differences with the bigger 18MV model. The 13LV is listed on Shopclues at the same price they're selling the 13NRV for, so should be available. Definitely the better buy.

By the way would love to know Panny’s respective model no’s you have mentioned.
Indian model is CS-S12PKY (very expensive though, but these are refreshed 2013 models, so prices might settle down later). Malaysian model was CS-S13PKH. I notice the same effect you mentioned in the Sharp. Both run at roughly ~12000BTU/h operation but the 13PKH is capable of more and under-spec'ed which is probably boosting its COP. This probably shows that buying a 1.5T inverter in place of a 2T non inverter - which is the current myth being propagated by dealers - is definitely not a good idea in terms of efficiency.

Yeah you are right on that part. It is the culmination of the compressor along with its condenser, evaporator, electronic expansion valve, the outdoor fan motor, the outdoor fan, the indoor fan motor and the indoor fan controlled by the all encompassing digital control module that brings out the overall efficiency of an Inverter air conditioner rather than one single component.
Yeah exactly, so just pointing out that its not safe to compare condensers across different models. So far the only identical models with just a change in condenser seems to be the Panny cube models. Older blue fin condenser(CS-ZC15PKY) vs micro channel condenser(CS-ZC15PKY3).

Some pictures of the Sharp AH-XP13LV, 1.1Ton Inverter AC with in-buily Plasmacluster air purifier:
You have pics of all the models? :O

Hey RishiGuru

I have pm'd you a few days back. Since you are from Kolkata and managed to get the BEST pricing and the BEST installation, mind sharing the details? Please feel free to reply to my PM or send me a fresh Pm with details.

thanks in advance

bumping my post, @RishiGuru, any assistance is appreciated...

Last edited by a moderator:
Indian model is CS-S12PKY (very expensive though, but these are refreshed 2013 models, so prices might settle down later.

You see there lies the problem. Panasonic CS-S12PKY, 1 Ton Inverter is no doubt a superior model than Sharp AH-XP13NRV but it also comes at a sky high price. Sharp wins the battle to lure customers out by providing a 1.1 Ton Inverter model with higher cooling capacity having solid performance at an unbeatable price.

So far the only identical models with just a change in condenser seems to be the Panny cube models. Older blue fin condenser(CS-ZC15PKY) vs micro channel condenser(CS-ZC15PKY3).

Panasonic CS-ZC15PKY

Tonnage: 1.25 Ton
Cooling Capacity: 4.40 kW
Power Input: 1600 watts
EER (W/W): 2.75
Star Rating: 2-Star
Condenser Type: Copper-aluminium condenser with circular tubing having blue fin coating

Panasonic CS-ZC15PKY-3

Tonnage: 1.25 Ton
Cooling Capacity: 4.40 kW
Power Input: 1480 watts
EER (W/W): 2.97
Star Rating: 3-Star
Condenser Type: All-aluminium condenser with canalicular tubing

Advantages of using all-aluminium condenser with canalicular tubing as pioneered by Sharp in air conditioners and now followed by others:

Every hour of operation saves 1600 - 1480 = 120 watts of power consumption. This means 120/1000 =0.12 unit saved per hour. For an 8 hour operation on a daily basis saves 0.12 X 8 = 0.96 units. In a months time of this daily routine saves 0.96 X 30 = 28.8 units. Considering a rate of 5 rupees per unit, equates to INR 144 savings per month and at around INR 1500 per year. In it assumed 10 year life cycle total money saved 1500 X 10 = INR 15K !!!

Correct me if I am wrong.

You have pics of all the models? :O

Not all, but some.

When I work I work hard, be it even visiting dealers and purchasing air conditioners.

Rishiguru, I must appreciate your efforts in enlightening us on so many dimensions that need to be considered while purchasing an AC. This thread is a repository of information, to say the least.

Hope to see your active participation in this forum in the coming days, as has been!

- buy only from brands that manufacture their own products. Like many brands simply put their logo on the AC and sell it -

So true. One of my friend lives in the apartment in front of ours and have two 1.5 Ton non-Inverter air conditioners installed in their two rooms. One Voltas and the other Onida. Both have different looking indoor units with identical looking remotes. And most of all same outdoor units with different logos.

I wander from where and from whom these Indian companies import air conditioners and sell?

Haier? TCL? Must be from China.

Thanks for all the extensive info that you have provided RishiGuru. I am about to decide on buying two Splits for my home (I am not averse to a window AC and I have sufficient space to install them).
Room 1: 12 x 12 x 10 - Ground floor, has a room above it, Receives no direct sunlight, Used by two adults. Usage will be couple of hours during the day and approx 7-8 hours during the night. It has an assembled 1.5 window AC right now which is a big electricity guzzler.
Room 2: 12 x 14 x 10 - Top floor, Little cross ventilation, faces the sun for most of the day, becomes very hot in peak summers. Usage will be mostly 7-8 hours at night (all days) and a few hours during the day on weekends. It has a decently performing Samsung 1.5 window AC right now.

For Room 1, a 1.1 should suffice. I am confused whether to buy a 1.5 ton for Room 2 or go in for a 1.1 (Considering it becomes very hot in this one)

Based on the inputs on this thread regarding the Sharp, I am incline to buy the Sharp AH-XP13LV or the Sharp AH-XP13NRV . I am getting the NRV for 32k + 1K installation (Stabalizer extra). I also have an option to go in for the Panasonic CS-YS12PKY. I am getting this at about 33 k + installation (Stabalizer extra). Also suggest the stabalizer for 1.1s.

I am getting 1.5 Ton Sharp Inverter (Model No. AH-XP18MV) for 45k + 1K installation (Stabalizer extra) - I can negotiate further to get the price down to 42-43k.
I am getting the Panasonic CS-YS18PKY (1.5 Ton inverter) for 40k + 1K installation (Stabalizer extra).

PS: Both the Panasonic 1Ton and 1.5Ton models mentioned above have Inverter power display just like the Sharp ones.

Kindly provide your inputs at the earliest..

P.S. I live in Chandigarh, so the temp ranges from 30- 42/43 with ow humidity levels most of the time. I am going to move the current window ACs to lesser used rooms in my home.

So true. One of my friend lives in the apartment in front of ours and have two 1.5 Ton non-Inverter air conditioners installed in their two rooms. One Voltas and the other Onida. Both have different looking indoor units with identical looking remotes. And most of all same outdoor units with different logos.

I wander from where and from whom these Indian companies import air conditioners and sell?

Haier? TCL? Must be from China.
Yes, even I have observed certain models of Videocon & Blue Star to have same specs (same ODU size, weight etc). May not necessarily be an import from China but can be a common manufacturing factory!

Christ! The amount of information about Inverter ACs in this thread is amazing! :eek:

Many thanks Rishi. Bookmarked.

On a related note, I happened to notice a Sharp inverter based AC installed in my neighbourhood DTDC franchise. When the temperature set was 23'C and the compressor was working, the power consumption was displayed as 0.2 kW! I was completely shocked at this. Does it start from a higher load and eventually switch to something of this range? I believe when the temperatures are set to an even lower value say 17'C, it might display a higher power load, say something around 0.8kW?

Well I have seen Daikin inverter AC performance in my friend and both outdoor and indoor unit are very silent.

Don't listen to the half knowledge marketing sales guys, please do your own research - Daikin models are really good
I listened to them at RFH chennai and booked a LG inverter V model at 48K (No copper pipe provided), for 38K I would have bought a very efficient Daikin R32 based model - which would be very easy to maintain due to the ease with R32 compared to R410A

R410A models are costly as it requires highly qualified technicians to handle the equipment.

New Launch from Daikin, the with R32 Refrigerant, which is a single component and is very likely to replace R410A - is not at all risky as claimed by some sales reps of other brands especially at Ratna Fan House chennai (keeping a copy of "http://www.refrigerants.com/msds/nri-r32.pdf" saying that R32 also called HFC32 is a flamable gas and is risky (negative) - Please read the document carefully - it is published in 2008 and even it states it is not as harmful as these guys say.

It is actually is easy to maintain and is a near 100% green Gas

In fact R410A is very difficult to install and hence the models are very expensive "http://www.mitsubishielectric.ca/en/hvac/PDF/city_multi/brochure_City_Multi_R410A_Installation.pdf" and the technician should be very knowledgeable while replacing/installing R410A models.

The study states that R32 can be used in Cars safely. In fact any compressed gas has some level of hazard (including a Deodorant) when ruptured!!

R32 is going to be the gas for EUROPE/Japan!

New Launch from Daikin, the with R32 Refrigerant, which is a single component and is very likely to replace R410A - is not at all risky as claimed by some sales reps of other brands
Trust Daikin to call R32 "new" :eek: . R410a already contains R32. Its a mix of difluoromethane (R-32) and pentafluoroethane (R-125). Pentafluoroethane is added because of its fire suppressant properties. Both gases are non ozone depleting.

for 38K I would have bought a very efficient Daikin R32 based model - which would be very easy to maintain due to the ease with R32 compared to R410A
There is no R32 Daikin split AC in India as yet. Check their product list : http://www.daikinindia.com/our-products/split.html . You're probably confused with the much older R22 ACs that Daikin continues to sell. Mind you, R22 is ozone depleting and will be phased out soon. Thats the only reason why its sold cheap.[DOUBLEPOST=1364079017][/DOUBLEPOST]
Full blast with Super jet function + Plasmacluster air purifier in Auto mode. Varying power consumption is now showing 0.8 kW = 800 watts

View attachment 18538
Your install looks very neat! Can you tell me a little about how the pipes/wiring is routed? Whats the thin pipe running from the top of the AC?

My folks got their Panny Inverter AC installed recently and it looks sorta clumsy. Any suggestions on how to neaten it up? :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back