Which Airconditioner is better in terms of cooling capacity?

RohanMi

Recruit
Hello,

I need to buy an AC as a gift to my mother for her bedroom. I need help in buying the best AC with great features. The Ac should look classy and should last really long. Which AC should i go for that coold the room really fast?

Other than the fact that you need an A/C for your mom's bedroom, there is absolutely zero information in your request. It is difficult to suggest when you don't help us with requisite info. Please mention:

1. Your Max Budget

2. Type of a/c - window or split.

3. Room size

4. Brand preferences

5. Any specific feature you are looking for

Here are the specifications to help you give me a good suggestion:

- 250 sq feet bedroom

- my budget is around 45000- 50000

- i prefer a split ac

- the brands is something i need help to decide upon as there are so many brands in the market

in that budget you can go for hitachi or daikin airconditioners.. daikin airconditioners even claim themselves to have some of the most silent airconditioners in the market..

and you say its a 250 sqfeet bedroom.. so a 1.5 ton split AC will be enough to cool quickly.... i have a 1.5 ton split LG AC in my bedroom of about 225 sqfeet.. , cost about 28K because we bought 3 together, and the room cools in less than 5 minutes if the AC is turned up to full speed.. and after the cooling, the AC runs on minimum fan speed to maintain temps. and is quiet enough not to be heard... but as you've got a good budget, i would suggest to look at hitachi or daikin ACs.

As per your requirement 1.5 ton would do good.

Dont get deviated by looking at the star rating. Look for the following

1. Compressor must be minimum 18000 BTu

2. Cooling capacity must be at 5375 watts

I have seen lot of 5 star Ac's have much less Btu and cooling capacity and claim themselves to be 1.5ton.

Always go for Ogeneral 1.5 ton 3 star (2011 model) - 41K - Need to pay extra for copper tubes

Hitachi Ace cutout 1.5 ton 5star (2012 model) - 37.5K - Installation extra. --> This one has 18175 Btu compressor and cooling capacity is more than 5400 watts.

Daikin is also a very reputed brand and its good too, but not sure about the price.

Panasonic is also another option.

All these are Japanese brands and components are imported from japan and either assembled in India or Thailand. All these AC's has copper coils which lasts for a long time.

I can vouch for the quality of OGeneral and Hitachi. Both excelent quality.

Since you want good looks of AC hitachi might be a better choice.

Also i have seen some mitsubishi ACs in market going around 45k. I have no personal experience with them but the company mitsubishi electric makes great products in general (eg. Delhi Metro)

mitsubishi Airconditioners are great.. but only they will be a little bit big and bulky compared to the more aesthetic looking models from Hitachi and Daikin.

Hey there,

It’s very sweet of you to gift your mom an AC. By the way, I use a Blue Star Split AC with a 5 star rating. It’s been 2 years since I have it and it works great. You can surely get a 5 Star 1.5 ton AC in the price you have stated and would be enough for your mom’s room. My AC has a superb feature called I- Feel and this feature is the best thing about having a Blue Star AC. It always sets the temperature around wherever I am. Blue Star AC has classy colors and smart looks too. I myself have a golden color that looks really nice. I’m sure if you gift it to your mom, she will be very happy.

Back