Which 3G Sim + Dongle best for northern India

ahd

Adept
I live in Mumbai and regularly travel to Delhi and UP. I was looking for a 3G Dongle + Sim which can work in both of these places. Fastest, most reliable and prepaid connection is preferred. Also, I will be using this in Mumbai as well.

For the device, I've narrowed down to Huawei E355 however not sure about the Sim at all as even my Vodafone was not picking up 3G connectivity in UP last week when I was there.

Don't go for Vodafone as they did not expand their network after initial rollout.
Select network which roams on idea network.
They have wide network.

Well if you want all India Coverage there is only one company that is capable and that is BSNL. I have traveled to many parts of India and overall you get good connectivity. Very rare that BSNL does not work in a specific area. It even works in Delhi and Mumbai - via MTNL. Buy any 3G modem with external antenna connector option if you want coverage even in low coverage areas.

Vodafone does not have roaming agreements with any 3G operator say idea or airtel.

Vodafone has not rolled out network to cover any new area after initial roll out.

So all in all no point to buy Vodafone unless they have their own network or roaming agreements.

So at the moment it seems Vodafone should be avoided and I rather be looking at BSNL. So which 3G dongle comes with an additional antenna option? And any idea where to get the BSNL 3G SIM in mumbai ?

Yesterday I finally have up on Vodafone and got airtel nano sim for my iPhone 5.
Yet to get sim active but considering my past experience , Airtel will roam on idea but Vodafone does not have any clear information and customer care is as clueless as it can get.

Most of the Interior UP is covered by Airtel but cannot say exactly, but the service is better than BSNL in Northern India.

Back