Which 1 ton split a/c (preferably inverter)

Hi Everyone!!
I am from Kolkata and planing to but a 1 ton split a/c (preferably inverter) by tomorrow.... initialy I was planing to but SHARP 1.1 T Inverter but recently I found lots of negetive feedback about the Sharp 1.1 Ton inverter a/c.... is there anybody in this forun who using sharp 1 ton... could you please share your experience... one more request... apart from sharp which one of 1 Ton inverter will be good for long term use....... please revert back....

Going just by the specs the Hitachi Ace Inverter is really nice. But it is more expensive than its competitors. Use inverter only if your usage is going to be enough to recover the cost differential over the period of the warranty (5 years).
If budget is not an issue Mitsubishi Heavy Industries has a really well built 1.1 ton non inverter which costs 33k. Cools an area of 172 Sq Ft!
But to give a better recommendation and invite responses from the more knowledgeable members kindly mention your usage pattern, room dimensions, amount of sunlight, and so on.[DOUBLEPOST=1397622473][/DOUBLEPOST]@Abraham recently bought the 1.1 Sharp Inverter. Maybe he can share his experience...

What is your budget, you haven't mentioned. If you can stretch it to 41k get the MHI 1 ton. It has a COP of 3.88! (which will be equivalent to a 5 star a few years from now) Since it's a ground floor west facing, I'm guessing not so much DIRECT sunlight in the room. In any case, check out the MHI brand store at least. They will provide a free site visit to give you best recommendation, not just based on sales.
My guy recommended for my room and minimal usage that a 0.8ton or a 3 star will suffice without being too heavy on elec bill. I still went for a 1.1T 5 star (2013 make).
For your 8hr usage inverter makes sense, financially. Narrow it down based on budget.
Don't just go by the internet hype for sharp. Look at the numbers on each spec sheet and do the math about which is a best fit for you.
They may be good budget/vfm machines, but given a better budget you can get better build quality of some other brands. Rishi guru being a recommender of Sharp said, if budget is not an issue, MHI offers a better build quality.

This is just my opinion. You need to figure out what suits your requirements best.

If you can stretch it to 41k get the MHI 1 ton. It has a COP of 3.88!
Small correction : the MHI site is outdated and the SRK13YJ-S is not the model being sold in India anymore; its now the SRK13YL-S. This model has a slightly lower COP of 3.57.

If getting a non-inverter from MHI, please be careful which model you're picking up since they're still selling the outdated R22 gas variants. Apart from environmental responsibility, there's the possibility that you may not get R22 supplies in the future.

I got the sharp 1.1t inverter a month back. It's ah-x13pet. Got it for 2 rooms. One of them emits foul smell when switched on. Just when the fan is running. When the cooling starts, the smells gone. I am not sure what's the problem. Maybe the drain pipe isn't inclined enough drain the water. I was not happy with the installation. I got it installed from a local dealer.

Cooling wise, it's quite good. But the remote doesnt have back light. That can be a bit annoying.

Electricity bill was almost 1k extra with 2 Ac's running whole night. But that month we had my brothers family in my home and geaser was used almost every day. So still have to check how much electricity it consumes.

Call the sharp customer service. They should send you a proper technician to install. If installation is done properly I don't think you will have any issue with sharp Ac's.

Small correction : the MHI site is outdated and the SRK13YJ-S is not the model being sold in India anymore; its now the SRK13YL-S. This model has a slightly lower COP of 3.57.
According to the internet, this info seems correct, but I got a brochure from the showroom which mentions the same specs for the YLS as the YJS - 3.88. When I asked the dealer about it, he said the name change is mostly a rebadge and a few improvements. Specs remain the same. Probably that was marketing spiel. But I went by what the brochure said..
Should there be such difference in info?

Back