Which 1.5T Inverter AC ?

isapsos

Recruit
Hi Rishi,
I am from Kolkata. While doing research on buying my third AC (I have 2 Hitachi, 0.8T and 1.2T follow me - 2010 models and they are working fine) I came across your post and am quite impressed with it. Never thought of inverter ACs but after reading your post am quite interested in buying one of them. Took some quote from a Harmony House outlet near my house.
Carrier Superia Plus 1.5T - Rs. 44,900 (with installation labour only)
Daikin 1.5T - Rs. 43,500 (without installation labour/material)
They do not keep Sharp or Panasonic.
My specific queries are as below:
First - Which brand can I go for? I found Carrier's specs ok for my need. Not sure about the product quality. Also, is the price quoted ok?
Second - If I want to go for Sharp then can you give a reliable shop's reference? I stay in Dumdum Park area.
Third - Going through Sharp's website I found that there are 2 new inverter models - AH-XP18PHT and AH-XP18PMT. Do you have any idea about what is the difference between them (specs seem to be same) and a reasonable price for them? And what is their difference from your 18MV model?
Lastly, do Sharp's remotes have backlight? Its a must need for me. Carrier has that.

Regards,
Somnath

Hi,
I'm sorry I can't be of help w.r.t your query, but I was wondering if you could share your experiences about the 1.2T Follow Me by Hitachi. How effective is it? Also, did you have any problems with their After Sales Service? I'm looking to purchase this: is it similar to what you have?

I'd really appreciate it if you can help me out, here.
Thanks!

Hi Rishi,
I am from Kolkata. While doing research on buying my third AC (I have 2 Hitachi, 0.8T and 1.2T follow me - 2010 models and they are working fine) I came across your post and am quite impressed with it. Never thought of inverter ACs but after reading your post am quite interested in buying one of them. Took some quote from a Harmony House outlet near my house.
Carrier Superia Plus 1.5T - Rs. 44,900 (with installation labour only)
Daikin 1.5T - Rs. 43,500 (without installation labour/material)
They do not keep Sharp or Panasonic.
My specific queries are as below:
First - Which brand can I go for? I found Carrier's specs ok for my need. Not sure about the product quality. Also, is the price quoted ok?
Second - If I want to go for Sharp then can you give a reliable shop's reference? I stay in Dumdum Park area.
Third - Going through Sharp's website I found that there are 2 new inverter models - AH-XP18PHT and AH-XP18PMT. Do you have any idea about what is the difference between them (specs seem to be same) and a reasonable price for them? And what is their difference from your 18MV model?
Lastly, do Sharp's remotes have backlight? Its a must need for me. Carrier has that.

Regards,
Somnath
Sharp remotes do not have backlight. Just last week I bought the Sharp XP13PHT.
Newer models are manufactured in India. Older 1.5T models were imported from Thailand.
I know the difference between the older and newer 1T models But not sure about the 1.5T model.

thanks for your replies.
Follow me -> no problem so far (touchwood)! In summer 0.8T and 1.2T ones run on an average 8hrs/day. Along with 300+ litre fridge and occasional induction cooker my bill comes below 2500.
I have booked the Carrier Superia+ inverter model today and got it delivered this afternoon. Huge outdoor unit I must say. I did a round of major retailers today ... Great Eastern, Capital, etc. No one could match the 44900 offer. So booked it from Harmony House and settled the matter:)

Back