whats the process of registering new software startup in india ?

princeoo7

On a Journey called Life :P
Skilled
Hello TE'ains [emoji4]

Hope I have posted in right section [emoji28]

I and my friend want to start a small local software firm and want to register it !

Want to know the process and pricing for each step.

I did done some googling but things are going above head with multiple differences in process and pricing in steps [emoji29]

Can some one express their own experiences with such process ?

We don't wish to go in debt before we start earning [emoji23]

Thank you for reading my thread ! Have a nice day ahead [emoji2]

Last edited:
My friend did it for his company. its a pain in the ass. should cost around 10K but that is what the CA would charge. yeah, you need to get a chartered accountant to do it. wait for few months and do few hundred rounds to the offices.

Buddy i'm in same boat as you . I spoke with few people they told me wait till the business started making more than 5 lakhs/year then start the process otherwise it would be waste of effort so my advise would be first wait and let your business start generating money. If your venture is already successful and generating money then hire CA most of them will file for you from 3-10k

I spoke with few people they told me wait till the business started making more than 5 lakhs/year then start the process

You need to register any trademarks now itself, otherwise the first person who registers it gets your domain name etc even if you are the original owner.

I think this quora question and site answer your question. Check specially the answer from Devyash Patel, in spite of the plugs goes into details to type of companies in India.
http://www.quora.com/What-is-the-pr...up-company-in-India-and-how-much-will-it-cost
http://trak.in/tags/business/2009/07/01/starting-business-in-india-simplified-process/

As for the fees, most are standard (aside of any bribes) the most important part is the authorised capital.
Thanks [emoji4]

Back